Drawings and Prints

The Museum was formed to preserve the regions maritime and local history. The museum's aim is to provide an education centre for school children to learn about our local history, and also for visiting tourists.1 500 photographs, 900 books, plus estimated 2000 items (displayed)
The museum building was formerly a Scared Heart Convent of the Sisters of Mercy; two story timber 15mts x 25mts, internal walls are stained with tongue and groove crow's ash (1946). Yarraman Railway Station (1913) and Arthur Brown's butcher shop (c.1920). The grounds contain a scrub/rainforest area, farm machinery, plant shade house, water wise garden and unique water tank system from convent days. The total area is 1.2 hectares.The collection started in October 1997. Yarraman Heritage Centre has a wide range of community involvement, manly because of the necessity to attract large fundings...
The museum's collection was commenced by the late Arther Jeffrey in 1972 and is housed in two buildings. The original museum has been moved to its present site and restored to hold memorabilia of early shire life. The main building houses Maritime and Endeavour displays, aboriginal artefacts, a photographic display and the reading room. Also on display are natural history objects including Sir Joseph Banks' plant studies, as well as coral, shell, fossil and rock collections .Significant items in the collection include the Endeavour voyage book, objects relating to Banks and Solander and their...
Rockhampton is the only city in Queensland that has has an uninterrupted military presence of a 'regional' Troop since 1859. Our aretfacts and militaria traces this history through the display of uniforms from that time until now along with transport displays and displays of insignia.Because we cater for 'local' memorabilia, our displays have a deep emotional impact on all visitors. We have attempted to cover all conflicts the local troops have been involved in since Queensland's Statehood in 1859. Not only do we have a listing army connection but the Naval Brigade on the Central Queensland...
Perc Tucker Regional Gallery is a dynamic visual arts centre with a significant collection of north Queensland art. Housed in one of Townsville's finest heritage buildings, the gallery has an exciting and diverse program of local, national and international exhibitions with a special focus on exhibitions featuring north Queensland artists. Five exhibition display areas, including two main floor spaces, enables the gallery to have a varied exhibition program that changes regularly throughout the year. Floor talks, lectures, education programs and performances of music, theatre and dance...
The Bundaberg Arts Centre: fostering the cultural development of our community through: advocacy, diversity and equity, excellence and substance, innovation, partnerships and reflection. The Arts Centre is housed in a late 19th century Customs House building and stages up to 45 exhibitions per year its three gallery spaces.The Bundaberg City Collection is comprised of 3 subsections: the Dr Egmont Schmidt memorial collection, the Bundaberg City Council Chambers Collection (Donations & Bundaberg Art Festival Award Winners) & The Bundaberg Arts Centre Collection of local significant...
The Museum is housed in the old power-station building, situated directly opposite the peanut silos in the town's Heritage Precinct. Other historic displays are located in Shire's earliest Council chambers and in Carroll's Cottage (the first building constructed in Kingaroy).The Museum's collection includes machinery used in local agriculture and the district's peanut industry. There is also a collection of tools used in trades such as carpentry, blacksmithing, dairying and the timber industry, as well as household items. The Museum also holds photos and a limited local archival records.
Global Arts Link (GAL) is Ipswich's dynamic, world-class art gallery and social history museum in the city's beautifully restored, heritage listed old town hall. GAL presents a range of visual arts exhibitions with entertaining and educational interpretation. Explore Ipswich's history in the Time Machine, world-class art in the CS Energy Gallery. Entertain the kids the in the Energex Children's Gallery - Lottie's Place, meet our Indigenous inhabitants in Making Tracks or just chill out in the Seven News Global Lounge. GAL offers something for yound and old, for the art enthusiast to the...
Caloundra Regional Art Gallery is a 'Category A' non-collecting gallery, curating and hiring exhibitions of national and international calibre. The Gallery's motto is 'Excellence, Education and Equity'.
Artspace Mackay is a new regional gallery and social history museum for the community of Mackay. The Artspace will host temporary exhibitions of visual arts, a social history display about the region's culture and heritage and run innovative programs for education and community groups.Artspace Mackay will host the Mackay City Council's collection of artists' books. These unique artworks will be displayed in a special reading room for visitors.
Pinnacles Gallery offers an exciting and diverse public program with a strong community focus. Visual Arts, craft, social history and educational exhibitions - both local and touring - are presented on a regular basis, together with workshops, artists' talks, performances and other activities.Pinnacles Gallery has a small collection of works focussing on people, places and perceptions of Thuringowa. The collection is predominately contemporary visual art and is comprised of paintings, prints and works on paper.
Since their arrival in Brisbane on 10th May 1861, the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane Congregation have established a variety of significant health, education, and social welfare programs throughout the state - from Townsville in the north, to Roma in the west, and south to Stanthorpe on the border - and missions in Papua New Guinea and other overseas locations.

The Mercy Heritage Centre is dedicated to preserving the work of the Mercy Sisters, and their well-provenanced history, and maintains collections of relevant artefacts. We also serve as a contact for the Congregational...
We are situated on the main street in the Old Telegraph station c.1860. Focusing the history of the building and towns history. McKinlays artefacts (explorer)Small archival records, small collection of photographs, telegraphic memorabilia, household items. Gawler's early industrial era. General items of the towns businesses.
The museum was established under the auspices of the Australia Remembers 1945-1995 Program. The inaugural display is in sympathy with this Program and commemorates the gallantry in World War II of seven South Australians: a nursing sister and two representatives from each of the armed services. Large maps indicate where their respective awards were earned, complemented by the individual citations and short biographies of the recipients, and augmented by displays of pertinent militaria. Housed in historic, 1850s building where Army and Police Force were originally raised in South Australia....
The Museum is located in a former bakehouse comprising grocer's shop, dining room, kitchen, upstairs bedroom and parlour, wash house, underground bakery, implement sheds and portrait gallery. The bakehouse is a special feature and is historically very important.Approximately 800 items plus large quantity of photographs
Old Government House is situated in Belair National Park, South Australia's oldest National Park, 12 kms from Adelaide C.B.D. Its building - a main building and detached kitchen with servants accommodation - date from the 1850s and were built for the first vice-regal summer retreat in South Australia. Full restoration took place in the 1970s as a fully furnished Victorian gentleman's country retreat; turreted colonial - Georgian in style, surrounded by extensive tiled terracing. Each room reflects its original function - wide entrance hall, manly study, gracious dining room with drawing area...
Hope Cottage is one of three built in 1857 by the Calnan family, later to become known as Faith, Hope and Charity. The Museum holds a collection of photographs, books, shipwreck articles, tractors, engines and farm machinery (some restored to working order). A tower in the grounds carries the light transferred from Tippera Reef to Cape Willoughby in 1922. There is also a working model of a eucalyptus still and a working windmill.A wide variety of different articles from early Kangaroo Island. The cottage has the normal things found in a home in the early days including the first piano...
A local and social history museum depicting the heritage of Wallaroo. Main themes: copper mining and smelting period (1861-1923) History of the port of Wallaroo since 1861. General local history - sport, entertainment, industry, civic affairs and religion. Located in the first post office building 1865-1910. Has been Museum building since 1975.Over 3,000 exhibits depict the Industrial, Mining, Smelting, Maritime and Social History of the port of Wallaroo. The Museum is also home to the former Tipara Reef Lighthouse (1877-1996) Re-located to the Museum in 2001.
This National Trust historic house contains 5 rooms of furniture, exhibits and photographs. There are also outdoor displays of machinery, tractors and vehicles, as well as walking trails and picnic spots with river views, a 100 hectare flora and fauna reserve, a pump shed and a paddle steamer, 'Roy'Photographs of historical value of River Boats
The Hahndorf Academy houses both a German migration museum and an art gallery. The gallery content os wholly South Australian with frequent exhibitions. The academy also has artist's studios with painters, jeweller, leadlight, paper and leather crafts people.The museum contains descriptions and artefacts from the migration of the first Germans in South Australia in 1839. Shipping logs, musical instruments, school items, farming equipment, dresses etc. Also a collection of orginal charcoal drawings from the fammous artist, Sir Hans Heysen, who lived in Hahndorf.

Pages