Drawings and Prints

The Museum's collections focus on: the 1894 settler's cottage; the 1910 Congregational church and manse; the AMP Society Land Development; the Gold Escort Route of 1852; and the Wild Dog Fence which saved the fledgling colony of South Australia from failing.Approximately 1,000 items including a feral dog preserved by taxidermist, as well as photographs.
The Streaky Bay Museum is housed in the old school. It includes the family history of the Campbell family (1864), the Kelsh family (1860) Kelsh pioneer pug and pine cottage, the Freeman family (1856) and Mudge family 1855, as well as machinery dating back to the 1880s.A large collection of great variey. Furniture, household items, farm machinery, historic buildings, horse drawn vehicles, vintage cars and medical artefacts and instruments.. The collection is a source of local history of people and their way of life through the years.
Nestling in the heart of historic Port Adelaide, the South Australian Maritime Museum is an imaginative, contemporary museum spread over three sites. The Museum's main gallery is the 1850s Bond Store which houses three floors of interactive exhibitions bringing to life the maritime history of South Australia. A short walk from the main gallery is the 1869 lighthouse and the Museum's three floating vessels: the steam tug Yelta, the ketch Nelcebee, and the police launch Archie Badenoch.
The South Australian Maritime Museum is a Museum of the History Trust of South Australia.Estimated 20,...
The Burra Mine was the largest metal mine in Australia, with typically Cornish surface and underground operations. The mine was worked for copper from 1845 to 1877. Between 1971 and 1981 the mine was reworked by open cutting. The Open Air Museum contains extensive remains of the mining operation. Also on the site is the Engine-house Museum, the only reconstructed Cornish Engine-house in the world. Admission to the Engine-house Museum is by separate fee. (See separate AMOL directory entry).50 different books and souvenirs for sale
The enginehouse has been fully restored (1986), apart from the original engine. A scale model (1:16) is fully operational and explained by guides. Videos (x3) provide further relevant information as do information boards on all three floors. Walks outside include; via a restored adit into the retimbered shaft, access to Morphett's Windinghouse, pool, mine offices and cottages, Grave's enginehouse and view of open-cut mine.Model and information boards mentioned above. Scale model of jinker. Mining artefacts, including cabinets inside of more sensitive material (e.g. 1820's pocket bible)....
The Riddoch Art Gallery is South Australia's only publicly-funded and professionally-staffed regional gallery. It is named in honour of grazier and Philanthropist, John Riddoch, who donated the original collection of early Australian and British works. The focus of the collection is post 1960s Australian art and includes paintings, photographs, graphics, works on paper, textiles, sculpture installations and craftworks. Specialist collections include the Rodney Gooch Collection of Aboriginal art, comprising of over 200 artworks including works by Emily Kame Kngwarreye and paintings,...
A magnificent Northern French Romanesque building. Built in 1866 as the Baptist Church with two floors. This is complimented by an extensive undercover display area for the agricultural, industrial and transport history of Kapunda. Bagot's Fortune is managed by the Kapunda Historical Society Inc. See separate Guide listing for their other venue, the Kapunda Museum.Extensive collection of the social, commercial, industrial and agricultural history of Kapunda.
The Museum has been developed in the old One Tree Hill School building, c1854 (previously Uleybury School) as a classroom containing educational furniture and material through the years. There is also a craft shed with displays of children's art/craft. The Museum can be used by schools to show children what schools and teaching were like in the past.photographs and educational specimens
Established in 1881, the Art Gallery of South Australia houses the state's collection of Australian, European and Asian Art. In addition to the collection displays, the gallery hosts a regular program of temporary exhibitions, public talks and children's activities.40,000 plus items
The focal point is the original Chaffey homestead built in 1889, using a unique pine log method of construction. The house has been tastefully furnished and decorated with period artefacts. In addition the original fruit packing shed houses a great collection of old style tools and implements as used in the early days of what was the first irrigation settlement in Australia. A comprehensive museum of local memorabilia including aboriginal artefacts is also maintained.Inside the house, fruit packing shed and separate museum, is a large collection of local items with many photographs that give...
The Gumeracha and District History Centre is situated in the Library Complex, Albert Street Gumeracha. Comprising of the whole of the Torrens Valley Ward of the Adelaide Hills Council (formerly Gumeracha Council). Including the townships of Houghton, Inglewood, Hermitage, Cudlee Creek, Chain of Ponds, Millbrook, Kersbrook, Gumeracha, Kenton Valley, Forreston, Birdwood and Mt. Torrens.
The museum is a National Trust property. It is located on the remains of the Bon Accord Mine site and incorporates the original mine office and workshop (c1859) The Bon Accord Mine commenced operations in 1846 and ceased in 1863. There were many years of inactivity during this period as no payable copper deposits were found. The display in the mine office includes boards with comprehensive information, photographs, mining relics, ore samples and the office pay table from the Monster (Burra Burra) Mine. There are two models featured in the museum - one of a Horsewhim, the other of "...
The museum is located in a heritage building in the heart of the Adelaide central business district. All items in the collection relate to freemasonry in South Australia and the Northern Territory, covering the period from 1834 to the present day. Some items originate from interstate or overseas. A guided tour operates every Thursday at 2:00 pm.The collection contains thousands of items of memorabilia, including regalia, jewels, furniture, glassware, minute books, paintings, warrants, and documents.
The New Land Gallery is unique in a national context for preferentially assisting the career development of South Australian country-based artists. The gallery runs a temporary exhibition program as well as holding a permanent collection of contemporary art by regional artists.Contemporary collection of paintings, prints, drawings and sculpture by regional South Australian artists.
Based in the Adelaide Central School of Art, Adelaide Central Gallery began in 1987 as an artist-run exhibition space. Its programme includes the work of well known and emerging artists in all media from both Adelaide and interstate. The exhibitions are managed by a gallery director. Exhibiting painters, sculptors, printmakers, craftspeople and photographers give informal lectures in the gallery on a regular basis. These sessions provide unique insights, especially for students, into the development of an artist's life and work.
A collection of contemporary Australian art dispersed throughout the University buildings. There is no Gallery area exclusively for the collection.Art paintings, art photographs, contemporary art, decorative arts, drawings and prints, glass, pottery and ceramic, sculpture, textiles and weaving. Approximately 1800 objects
The museum is located in the repaired ruins of large ornate brick engine houses, built in 1905 for the Beaconsfield "Tasmania" gold mine. This 950sqm space is augmented by a 540sqm new building, outside space and a near-by park depicting the flowery gully school and a miner's cottage. A viewing platform overlooks the surface operational area of the Beaconsfield Mine Joint Venture. Average viewing time for the museum is 1 hour.2,000 items. Relics of Tasmania's largest gold mine 1878-1914, which produced 26 tonnes of gold. Adjacent to a large new mine about to produce gold from the...
Opened in 1978 the art gallery is regionally based and possesses one of the finest collections of Australian contemporary prints (works on paper) in Tasmania. Exhibitions are linked to local, state and national events and the Gallery maintains an ever changing exhibition schedule.800+ items in the permanent collection

Built by Thomas White in 1841, White House displays a fine collection of 17th and 18th century oak furniture, china, icons, paintings, prints, pewter and copper. The outbuildings house early bicycles, horse drawn vehicles, vintage cars and a special display of toys and miniature furnishings. Refreshments are available from a restored bakery with a wood fired oven.Approximately 250 items in the house, plus 20 vehicles, 15 bicycles and a large toy collection in outbuildings. The variety of collections on display at White House provide something of interest to most people including children....

Located in the town of Franklin Village, the original house museum was opened by the National Trust in 1961. Built in 1838, Franklin House is a charming Georgian residence and a good example of the period, with authentic furnishings and pictures. It includes a schoolroom which functioned from 1842 to the 1880s. An outstanding feature of the interior is the NSW cedar hardwood. It is now the State Headquarters of the National Trust in Tasmania.

Pages