Furniture

Cairns Regional Gallery is Far North Queensland’s only visual art museum and in 2005 it celebrates it’s 10th Birthday: a decade of documenting and presenting history, heritage and contemporary culture of this vast and distinctive region of Australia and the world through the visual arts, craft and design.

Housed in a refurbished heritage building in central Cairns, the Gallery incorporates four individual exhibition spaces inside the building, showcasing an average of 30 exhibitions per year, and featuring the work of national and international artists, with a strong focus on local...
The Royal Bull’s Head Inn was built in 1847. The present building is the extension built in 1859. The timber and brick nog construction is unusual in Queensland. The museum is decorated according to evidence of finishes from the 1870’s. This includes hand made wallpaper fixed to calico. The rooms are furnished to represent the better visitors’ accommodation downstairs and the working men’s rooms upstairs. Two rooms survive in original condition.approximately 800 items
The Museum consists of two large corrugated iron sheds. Displayed in these we have heavy agricultural machinery, farming equipment and other large and smaller items relating to a dairying district. Despite this the museum is not crowded. Also displayed, in glass cabinets we have crockery, glassware, bric-a-brac, sewing articles and three rooms depicting the 1930's - 1940's style of living. Our small items and photo room contains many records, fabrics and various documents. We have a great collection of transcripts of taped interviews with long time residents of Rosalie Shire. We have...
The museum building was formerly a Scared Heart Convent of the Sisters of Mercy; two story timber 15mts x 25mts, internal walls are stained with tongue and groove crow's ash (1946). Yarraman Railway Station (1913) and Arthur Brown's butcher shop (c.1920). The grounds contain a scrub/rainforest area, farm machinery, plant shade house, water wise garden and unique water tank system from convent days. The total area is 1.2 hectares.The collection started in October 1997. Yarraman Heritage Centre has a wide range of community involvement, manly because of the necessity to attract large fundings...
Hermann Neumann migrated from Germany with his parents and brothers in 1884. He met and married Annie Schermuly in Ipswich in 1885. Annie was of English and German descent and had left England to come to Australia on a working holiday (she was the ship's interpreter). Hermann and a brother had a furniture business in Ipswich, Queensland. In 1893 Hermann, Annie and their three sons, moved to Laidley and Hermann proceeded to set up his family furniture business. He started to build the family residence, showroom and two storey workshop in 1893. His main emphasis was on the business, so the...
Claremont is an early stone villa built by John Panton, an Ipswich merchant, in 1858. In the early 1870's it was the home of George Throne, parliamentarian, and a centre for social life.This house is under restoration and is partially decorated with furnishings dating from the 1870's.
The historic houses complex displays on one site three typical North Queensland houses. These are a simple miner's cottage c.1884, a comfortable villa residence c.1888 and a farmhouse c.1921. The houses are furnished in styles appropriate to each house with an emphasis on items made in North Queensland.Each houses is furnished in styles appropriate to it and with an emphasis on items made in North Queensland.
The Tent House is a timber framed house with a canvas roof under a free standing galvanised iron roof. This unusual environmental adaptation was once common in Mount Isa as 1930’s mining company housing.The Tent House contains furnishings and objects of historical interest from Mount Isa.
Local council Art Gallery. Supporting Artists and craft people of the south Bucneil area. At any one time the gallery looks at 35 artists. The gallery conducts Workshops, Art Classes throughout the year. Also competition art from time to time.A collection building each year with many good pieces "Mary Edward Burnice - Eric Jollife - Herts Castons - David Bryce". Also ceramics and woodcarvings by David Bryce. Also the Bryce Archives (1916 - 2000).
The Gallery is a regional gallery servicing the Chinchilla Shire. Exhibitions change monthly, most are locally curated exhibitions from solo art groups and professionally curated exhibitions from Arts West, Regional Galleries Association of Queensland, Australian War Memorial, Queensland Art Gallery etc. We also have a travelling exhibition; 'Chinchilla Gold'.The Gallery houses the shire collection which consists of oil, watercolour, pastel and charcoal paintings, photographs, wood objects and ceramics.
Caloundra Regional Art Gallery is a 'Category A' non-collecting gallery, curating and hiring exhibitions of national and international calibre. The Gallery's motto is 'Excellence, Education and Equity'.
Since their arrival in Brisbane on 10th May 1861, the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane Congregation have established a variety of significant health, education, and social welfare programs throughout the state - from Townsville in the north, to Roma in the west, and south to Stanthorpe on the border - and missions in Papua New Guinea and other overseas locations.

The Mercy Heritage Centre is dedicated to preserving the work of the Mercy Sisters, and their well-provenanced history, and maintains collections of relevant artefacts. We also serve as a contact for the Congregational...
The Museum is the only one of its kind which attempts to display the history and banking memorabilia of all banks, building societies and credit unions. A private museum established 9 December 1988, owned and operated by Michael P. Vort-Ronald, numismatic writer and publisher. Large collections of moneyboxes, passbooks, equipment, signage, gems, minerals, fossils, meteorites and special ultraviolet mineral displays are included in the collection, which covers the history of Australian currency with particular emphasis on the last century. There are collections of notes and coins not...
The bulk of the exhibits consists of artefacts, furniture, books and documentary material associated with the Angas family and their pastoral activities. There are also a number of items acquired for display as typical furnishings of a rural mansion in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
The Museum is housed in an original river boat "Captain's Cottage" and details the history of Murray Bridge, the importance of the Murray River in the growth of the township and surrounding areas. It also outlines the process of swamp reclamation and the consequent dairy industry which has been a major part of the local industry. Model river boats and cottages are also on display.Approximately 5,500 items, 250 photographs
We are situated on the main street in the Old Telegraph station c.1860. Focusing the history of the building and towns history. McKinlays artefacts (explorer)Small archival records, small collection of photographs, telegraphic memorabilia, household items. Gawler's early industrial era. General items of the towns businesses.
The museum is housed in the Hog Bay School building, the third school to be built on the site (1922). The first room you enter is the Maritime Room, this displays the history and shipwrecks of Kangaroo Island. The School Porch houses the displays of schooling. The Schoolroom has displays on Early Settlers, including aboriginal women, agriculture, industry, communications and social and domestic life are portrayed.2,000 items, 700 photographs. The displays are organised in such a way that the visitor quickly gains a feel for the history of Kangaroo Island, especially maritime, education, early...
A folk museum of memorabilia and photographs mainly of the years 1850-1950. Repository for museum items for perusal of future generationsApproximately 2,000 items, numerous photographs
The Museum is housed in the old police station built 1858 and the court room built 1867, opened in 1974. Main display in the court room is of the settlement and growth of the town from 1840 to circa 1940. Remaining rooms which house historical displays are the sitting room, kitchen, bedroom, nursery, and laundry. Outside are the original cells, stables and static displays of old farm machinery, horse drawn vehicles and 1880s shearing plant.Approximately 5,000 items, 2,000 photographs of local significance. Cottage crafts, craft, decorative arts, furniture, glass, paper, domestic items and...
Housed in the 1878 former school building, the Museum features a collection of artefacts and photographs relating to the early settlement and development of central Yorke Peninsula, including its Aboriginal, Agricultural and German heritage.Artefacts and photographs relating to early settlement on central Yorke Peninsula. Archives, Farm Machinery.

Pages