Furniture

The contents of the Museum reflect the life of Kapunda through home, work, sport and farming. The Museum covers some 11,000 square feet depicting all aspects of lifestyles and working life in Kapunda. There are important collections relating to copper mining, manufacture of farm implements, the Hawke Foundry and social life. The Kapunda Museum is managed by the Kapunda Historical Society Inc. See separate Guide listing for their other venue, Bagot's Fortune.20,000 items
A magnificent Northern French Romanesque building. Built in 1866 as the Baptist Church with two floors. This is complimented by an extensive undercover display area for the agricultural, industrial and transport history of Kapunda. Bagot's Fortune is managed by the Kapunda Historical Society Inc. See separate Guide listing for their other venue, the Kapunda Museum.Extensive collection of the social, commercial, industrial and agricultural history of Kapunda.
The Museum has been developed in the old One Tree Hill School building, c1854 (previously Uleybury School) as a classroom containing educational furniture and material through the years. There is also a craft shed with displays of children's art/craft. The Museum can be used by schools to show children what schools and teaching were like in the past.photographs and educational specimens
Established in 1881, the Art Gallery of South Australia houses the state's collection of Australian, European and Asian Art. In addition to the collection displays, the gallery hosts a regular program of temporary exhibitions, public talks and children's activities.40,000 plus items
The focal point is the original Chaffey homestead built in 1889, using a unique pine log method of construction. The house has been tastefully furnished and decorated with period artefacts. In addition the original fruit packing shed houses a great collection of old style tools and implements as used in the early days of what was the first irrigation settlement in Australia. A comprehensive museum of local memorabilia including aboriginal artefacts is also maintained.Inside the house, fruit packing shed and separate museum, is a large collection of local items with many photographs that give...
Historical Museum. 1840's two storey house with tower built by John Newman, an old Etonian. Four outbuildings and garden. General articles of history of the community, Victorian furniture, a 1/2 scale model of the "Endeavour", photographs, the services memorabilia, children's toys, special displays, lace, tools of trades, carpentry teacher aids, laundry, wireless. In large pavilion 2 fire engines, Holden cars, interactive workshop, joinery, machinery, interactive Woodville station railway signal equipment. In upstairs of house - year 2002, special display "below decks" of...
The museum is located in a heritage building in the heart of the Adelaide central business district. All items in the collection relate to freemasonry in South Australia and the Northern Territory, covering the period from 1834 to the present day. Some items originate from interstate or overseas. A guided tour operates every Thursday at 2:00 pm.The collection contains thousands of items of memorabilia, including regalia, jewels, furniture, glassware, minute books, paintings, warrants, and documents.
Oldest 2 story commercial premises, Built 1875. Underground Bakehouse. Old grocery Shop, Victoriana displays, music room, kitchen, bedroom. Dressmaking establishment, photo gallery, laundry/bathroom. Ironmongery room. Currently establishing large display of items from horse drawn era, in custom built shed, everything is represented of local history, books, histories, photo's and artefacts, outside display of farming equipment, tractors, wagons ect.Local archives and photos, farming machinery from the past, furniture, china, glass, musical instruments, household items each area has a...
A collection of contemporary Australian art dispersed throughout the University buildings. There is no Gallery area exclusively for the collection.Art paintings, art photographs, contemporary art, decorative arts, drawings and prints, glass, pottery and ceramic, sculpture, textiles and weaving. Approximately 1800 objects
The museum is located in the repaired ruins of large ornate brick engine houses, built in 1905 for the Beaconsfield "Tasmania" gold mine. This 950sqm space is augmented by a 540sqm new building, outside space and a near-by park depicting the flowery gully school and a miner's cottage. A viewing platform overlooks the surface operational area of the Beaconsfield Mine Joint Venture. Average viewing time for the museum is 1 hour.2,000 items. Relics of Tasmania's largest gold mine 1878-1914, which produced 26 tonnes of gold. Adjacent to a large new mine about to produce gold from the...

Built by Thomas White in 1841, White House displays a fine collection of 17th and 18th century oak furniture, china, icons, paintings, prints, pewter and copper. The outbuildings house early bicycles, horse drawn vehicles, vintage cars and a special display of toys and miniature furnishings. Refreshments are available from a restored bakery with a wood fired oven.Approximately 250 items in the house, plus 20 vehicles, 15 bicycles and a large toy collection in outbuildings. The variety of collections on display at White House provide something of interest to most people including children....

Located in the town of Franklin Village, the original house museum was opened by the National Trust in 1961. Built in 1838, Franklin House is a charming Georgian residence and a good example of the period, with authentic furnishings and pictures. It includes a schoolroom which functioned from 1842 to the 1880s. An outstanding feature of the interior is the NSW cedar hardwood. It is now the State Headquarters of the National Trust in Tasmania.
The Grove is a privately owned house museum. It is a Georgian stone residence, set up as a working home with tearooms and reception. It is George Town's most imposing early building which is believed to have been built circa 1830. It contains an interesting collection of furniture and antiques.300 major items plus many minor items
In this local history interpretation centre, an excellent collection of early photographs of the region are displayed with relevant objects, including wooden interactive models relating to mining. Fifteen historical monographs have been published and are for sale. The genealogy of Fingal, Portland and Ringarooma are stored on a database.20,000 negatives and prints, 1,500 objects and books, 200 genealogies in hard copy
Operated by the Glenorchy City Council, the Centre provides a large exhibition space. It also offers workshop facilities for community groups and artists.
The Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts is one of the State Library of Tasmania's heritage collections. It contains a collection of 18th and 19th century furniture, colonial paintings, silver and objets d'art, fine china and rare and antique books. The collection was left to the people of Tasmania by the late Henry Allport, a Hobart solicitor, and is housed on the ground floor of the State Library of Tasmania.7,000 books and manuscripts, 3,000 artworks, 2,000 photographs, approx 1,000 objects
Runnymede an 1840's sandstone Regency villa surrounded by elegant lawns and gardens, focuses on aspects of Southern Tasmania's history. Today, as a house museum, it makes a strong statement about domestic life in the colony in the 1860's. It depicts the home environment of successful business and professional people, rather than that of the very rich. Through the three families who lived there over 120 years, Runnymede has close links with widely separate aspects of the colony's history. First, Scottish-born lawyer Robert Pitcairn, who played a part in the demise of convict transportation,...
The Forest and Heritage Centre tells the story of the timber industry in Geeveston with displays of old photographs, tools and equipment to explanations of the modern day timber industry accessed on computer terminals within the forest room. Visitors to the centre can also view a wood turner in action, creating the local timbers.Approximately 50-100 items. Historical display of the timber industry of Geeveston including current timber industry information. Recent acquisition of an antique woodworking collection (still to be assessed, restored and displayed) believed to be the only collection...
Tasmania's state museum and art gallery established in the 1840s as the museum of the Royal Society of Tasmania. The buildings and site are of historical significance and include the first purpose built museum building dated 1863, the Commissariat Store 1808, the Cottage c1810 converted 1828, the Bond Store and Court Yard and Gateway 1823, the Queen's warehouse 1874, Art Gallery 1901, Custom House 1901 and extension of 1966 and 1986. The collections include Natural Sciences (Zoology, Botany, Geology), Applied Science, Humanities (Art, Decorative Arts, Costume, Social History, Indigenous...
The National Trust properties are an integral part of Tasmania's unique heritage. They are maintained by the National Trust for your inspection and enjoyment. Take the time to visit these Properties and experience Tasmania's historic past first hand. See separate Guide entries for each property: Battery Point Walks, Clarendon, Entally House, Franklin House, Home Hill, Old Umbrella Shop, Penitentiary Chapel and Criminal Courts, Runnymede House, White House.House museums of the 1800's furnished in the period colonial and English furniture.

Pages