Furniture

Clarendon, one of the great Georgian houses of Australia, was completed in 1838 for the wealthy woolgrower and merchant, James Cox. He was the second son of William Cox who pioneered the first road over the Blue Mountains in New South Wales.

Clarendon, situated on the banks of the South Esk with its extensive formal gardens and beautiful parklands, was given to the National Trust by Mrs. W. R. Menzies in 1962. The first restoration was completed in 1966, and in 1974 was restored to its original appearance by the addition of the portico and parapet. The house has been suitably...
The most historic of the Trust houses, Entally is thought to have been built in 1819 by Thomas Haydock Reibey, the eldest son of Mary & Thomas Reibey of Sydney. Shipping interests brought Thomas Reibey to Tasmania as early as 1816.Entally House was opened to the public in 1950 and is justly proud of its magnificent collection of Regency furniture and fine silverware. Set in superb grounds and gardens, Entally has a green house, chapel, coach house and stables also open for inspection.
Woolmers is of outstanding cultural significance because it has continuous association with the one family (Thomas Archer and his descendants), providing and encapsulated record of six generations of the family and the changes to their lifestyle, from the time the land was first settled in the Longford area, to the death of the last heir in 1994. It is the longest association in Tasmania. Woolmers has small museum status.Apart from the original house (1819) and the new additions in 1840's. The Extant outbuildings, workshop, cottages plant and artefacts are a unique record of the scale of...
The Tasmanian Wood Design Collection brings together the beauty of Tasmania's natural timber resources and the design skills of the State's fine craftspeople through a strategy which has brought international acclaim to the Island and Australia.

Since 1991 the Collection has grown in stature to an eminence which now places it arguably as the world's foremost assemblage of contemporary woodwork. In ranging from elegant pieces of furniture to delicate smaller items that may be found in anyone's home, it represents a near-perfect relationship between design craftsmanship and wood...
The Golden Dragon Museum is the first museum in Victoria to become accredited through the museum accreditation program in 1997. The Golden Dragon Museum provides a living history of The Chinese people of Bendigo from the goldrush of the 1850's to the present day. Central to the permanent display is Sun Loong, the longest imperial dragon in the world. The Museum also features one of the finest collections of Chinese processional regalia in the world, and several hundred Chinese coins, some dating back to 221 BC.Approximately 2000 photographs, including objects, embroidery and costumes. A...
Authentic buildings including a school, church, homesteads, public halls and shops now house a collection of domestic items and agricultural equipment.
Como is one of a few surviving large suburban estates, dating from 1847, just over 10 years after European settlement of the Port Phillip district. For 95 years it was owned by the Armytage family, prominent graziers and well known members of Melbourne Society. Much of their original furniture is in the house today. The house is surrounded by 6.5 acres of beautiful gardens.Approx. 1500 pieces of furniture and decorative art objects, mostly original to the Armytage family's period of ownership (1864-1959).
The Nunawading and District Historical Society Inc. maintains a furnished cottage (c1885) built from local stone, a barn, wine cellar, blacksmith's shop, smokehouse, a museum and an orchard and domestic machine area.About 3,000 artifacts including costumes, lace, handicrafts, tiles and clay products, orchard farming implements, toys, blacksmith's forge and tools, antique furniture and domestic equipment. There are also 3,000 photographs and more than 3,500 documents, books and maps.
The Hazelman family were early pioneers in the Kyabram district. Their four-roomed mud brick and slab timber cottage is situated within the Fauna Park and now contains an interesting collection of memorabilia, photographs and period furniture. Items in the cottage include children's toys, a sewing basket on legs, a very old wireless and a medicine chest. Other features include a blacksmith's shed and a machine shed containing buggies and various machines.600 items including 1927 Chevrolet Van which was used by Chinese markey gardener to sell vegtables from and a Scouts cart made by the...
Main Building - collection of Pyramid Hill and District memorabilia yesteryear.
Annex - Machinery, Tools etc
RSL Hall - Display of service memorabilia, honour boards, photos of soldiers etc.
Large collections of photographs and family history archives available for research.Over 500 objects catalogued. Local community archival records. We produce books for family history research from Pyramid Hill Advertiser.
The Homestead has been carefully restored and furnished in keeping with the period 1844-1851. It particularly reflects the enterprise and resourcefulness of Georgiana McCrae, diarist, artist, and musician, who raised eight children in the adverse conditions of pioneering life. A modern museum houses a collection of water colours and oil paintings by Georgiana McCrae and other family members.700 objects
Our Museum consists of a house and various out buildings located on two town blocks in Port Welshpool. The collection is spread over the whole area. Our strong point is the early fishing industry in Corner Inlet, including a daily diary kept by the Smith family from 1887-1958. Housed in Welshpool's first residence (1881), the Museum contains a local history collection that includes natural history objects, fishing and maritime artefacts. Original display cases house a magnificent shell collection that dates from the 1800s.Our collection is the contents of the house which is now the museum,...
A treasure trove of information on local and district families and social life. mining records and memorabilia of gold rush and deep lead mining. Art works provide a significant insight into the cultural heritage of the area. Newspapers, microfilm and photograph, provide an almost complete record of the first one hundred years of settlement.Approximately 4000 items and 2000 photographs. Housed in the former Town Hall, a building classified by the National Trust - comprising notable artists and art works of historical importance. Featuring local artists Lindsay, Litherland, Moyle, Tibbits and...
The complex consists of a Victorian hand built stone cottage (by Arthur Worsley), furnished in the period and complemented by display areas depicting Maryborough's history from 1854 as well as Alfred and George Joyce's squatters' slab hut, now on the Register of the National Estate, and believed to be the oldest building in the district (circa 1844). The complex also has a new resource centre with family and district history records available for research.Approximately 1200 photographs and 1000 items. Items relating to the social history of the Maryborough District including Vic/Edwardian...
Heritage Hill is a unique historic precinct located in the heart of Dandenong featuring three century old buildings and 2 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. St James Anglican Church (1864); Laurel Lodge (1869); and Benga Oral History Centre and Garden (1936). survive as fine examples of 19th and 20th century architecture and represent the social, cultural and natural history of Dandenong. Through exhibitions and period rooms, visitors can gain an insight into Dandenong's transformation from a rural market town into a bustling, multicultural metropolis.Laurel Lodge and Benga House a...
One of Australia's oldest and largest, this regional Gallery houses a rich collection of nineteenth century European and Australian paintings and decorative arts, plus an important collection of twentieth century Australian art.Approximately 3000 items on display in a gallery area of 2754 square metres.

The former Drysdale Court House (1880) presently houses a local history collection, index of family histories of the peninsula, pioneer index, index of arrivals by ship at Port Henry, court house furnishings, shire honour boards and plaques, cemetery records, early school rolls and agricultural equipment.

The Courthouse was built in 1886 and used until 1956. The building remained at the request of the people with its furnishings intact. It is situated in a historic community precinct established in 1859. The historical Society operates from the courthouse, meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 7.30, visitors are welcome. Society Annual membership $5. Usual membership $25-$30.Inglewood Advertiser microfilm, local photographs: items of local interest. Access to early rate records. A small collection of local family genealogy.
Built in 1905 as a general merchant's store and attached residence, the Museum now houses the L.L. Pitts photographs and items from local organisations, general interest and farming objects.. Unique photographs taken by Lilian Louisa Pitts between 1900 and 1928 record the lives and times of Merrigum. The house has each room displayed in setting for that room e.g. bedroom, kitchen. Each year in May, Heritage Day is held with many operating displays.Estimated 3000 items. The museum was built in 1905 as a general store and residence. The collection consists of local history artefacts, domestic...
Mulberry Hill was the home of the late Sir Daryl Lindsay, artist and art administrator, and his wife Joan Lindsay, author. The serenity once enjoyed by the original residents is still evident today in the ambience of the home, which features the work of more than a dozen well known Australian artists.3000 items. Significant collection of paintings, drawings and prints by 20th century Australian artisits including Arthur Boyd, John Perceval, George Bell, The Lindsay family, Rick Amor and others. Geogian furniture and decorative arts.

Pages