Lighting

The Museum of the Riverina has two impressive sites. The first is situated in the former Historic Council Chambers, built in 1881, and converted in 1998 to function as a museum facility. This site is used as a meeting venue - in the former chamber - and as a venue for hosting a regular program of travelling exhibitions.

The second site, adjacent to the Botanic Gardens, was formerly run by the Wagga Wagga & District Historical Society, and opened in 1965. The site was renovated and reopened in September 2001 and contains internal exhibitions and a number of outbuildings. The...
Nine buildings housing items of historical interest to Walcha and the surrounding district. There is the Museum, Original Pioneer Cottage, Wool Museum, Tiger Moth Aeroplane Hangar. Walcha is situated on the Southern New England Tablelands and was discovered in 1818 and settled from 1832 - 1839. The local history centre houses an extensive collection of maps, books, ledgers, photographs and memorabilia about Walcha and the surrounding districts.Local community archival records and photographs, clothing collection, small Aboriginal artefact collection and Dendroglyph plus pioneer and...
The building was built in 1888. The collection features old vintage vehicles, household furniture, tools and other domestic artefacts illustrating life in the Charleville district.Estimate 600 items
The Winton and District Historical Society have operated the Qantilda Museum since 1972. The members of the society are volunteers who donate their time to help educate people about the pioneers who built the outback. During the 28 year existence of the historical society a huge collection of outback memorabilia and artworks have been accumulated, documented and set out in such a way as to educate people on the livelihood of the aboriginal inhabitants and, the livelihood of the districts settlers and their descendants. A reading room, which is frequently updated, provides an immense...
The Museum is a complex comprising different buildings and collections. It includes a display area for vehicles, a jailhouse, a courthouse, a slab hut, social history buildings and a Museum display area.500 items
The complex is a pioneer village and museum. It comprises eleven weatherboard buildings in original condition: a museum hall (3 buildings); Acutt House - 1930 original home; 1910 ex Methodist Church and Church Vestry; a blacksmith shop; Dairy and three sheds of agricultural and manufacturing machinery including special "sugar cane" collection; and Goodwood Railway Station with rails and small goods carriage used for servicing oil tankers from the "Pier". The buildings are furnished with historical items, including significant collections of agricultural machinery, tools...
The Society maintains a sandstone cottage, built c.1870, which features furniture and household items representing more than 130 years of family life in the district. Collections of photographs, historical items, farming equipment, vehicles and machinery are displayed. Several buildings have been relocated on the site, including a church, slab hut, overseers cottage and an emporium building. A printing display includes presses and associated items from the Warwick Daily News.15,000 items

Housed in our building are Historical records, photographs and memorabilia of our town and district from early settlement until present day.Photographs, WWII memorabilia, local community historical records, hand sewn articles from 1890 era, local art, local hospital memorabilia. Sporting achievements, telephone exchange and old telephones, plus more.

Our Chinchilla Museum has restored Pioneer cottage - fully furnished. Prickly Pear story from devastation to eradication. Traction steam engines, vintage motor vehicles, horse drawn vehicles, original Chinchilla state school, fully furnished - Two halls containing collection of Memorabilia of yesteryear: fully restored dairy and cream shed.Over 5,000 items on display, including farm machinery, horse drawn vehicles, well appointed library housing history of Chinchilla and its pioneers. First Chinchilla school (1883) on grounds containing early school memorabilia.
Exhibits at the Chillagoe Historical Centre include a pictorial history of local smelting operations (1901-1943), large mineral samples and a detailed bottle collection, a butterfly collection, old coins and notes, old mining machinery, an entrance area paved with local marble, projectors from a local theatre, local pioneering family histories, Aboriginal and New Guinea artefacts, and old dentist's chair and cameras.Estimated 1,000 items
This historic building (built in 1890) was the home of Henry Plantagenet and Katherine Rose Somerset. Henry was a member of Parliament from 1904-1920. Caboonbah is now the headquarters of the Brisbane Valley Historical Society Inc, and the complex consists of seven buildings: Caboonbah Homestead, Cement Building, Caretakers Cottage (private), the original Worker's Cottage, McGrath Cottage, Police Station and Cell Block. A telemetric service was provided from Caboonbah after the 1893 floods and is still on site and in use.600 collections
The Morven Historical Museum is housed in three buildings. A slab hut is used for machinery and hardware and such larger articles as an old manual wool press and stores a miscellaneous collection of old books and photographs, and local artefacts. The second building features a unique collection of finally crafted miniature buildings that were to be found in Morven in the early 1900's. Displayed in the third building is the Davey Packman working steam engine. These buildings are typical of many early Australian settlements and together depict the social history of Morven in this bygone era....
The museum comprises a museum building, cottage, lock-up and an extensive display of outside machinery.200 items of outside machinery
The Museum is derived from Britain's first social history museum. It was founded in 1934 in England and was brought to Australia after World War II. After nearly 40 years of storage, it now occupies a new building opened in 1986 near Bribie Island, 40 kilometres North of Brisbane. A fine arts and archaeology museum, the museum's collections cover the history of humankind over the last 500,000 years with original artefacts from Europe, Asia, America and Africa and limited collections from Australia. They include works of art, ceramics, glass, metalwork, textiles, sculpture and paper. Each year...
A timber homestead built 1870's modified and extended many times. Interpreted c. 1904. The pise walls of the main house were washed away in 1893 floods and the timber frame resheeted in timber with wallpaper some of which survives intact. Moved to its present location in Coominya in 1975.800 items
Collection of scientific instruments relating to or depending on physical principles as well as associated books and cataloguesMost of the instruments date from the first quarter of the Twentieth Century, with Cambridge (Scientific) Instrument Company being well represented, Optical and electrical instruments comprise the majority of the collection, but most area of physics are represented.
The Building is of prime importance, a lone survivor in a commercial town. Visitors, national and international can discover the classic wild west adventure saga of our history. Know where they have been - not just what they have seen.Community records, huge photo collection, a new display 1.50m "Battle of the Coral Sea" depicting events and location of US and Australian forces in the area. A pictorial history of Douglas Shire" written by Curator (new) "Reflecting on the past".
Caloundra Regional Art Gallery is a 'Category A' non-collecting gallery, curating and hiring exhibitions of national and international calibre. The Gallery's motto is 'Excellence, Education and Equity'.
The lighthouse stood for 100 years offshore on a reef, 5 miles at sea. When it became obsolete it was dismantled and brought ashore and re-erected in Kingston. The lighthouse is furnished with some of the original furniture and contains all the lantern room equipment. Although not used as a lighthouse , it is still in working order.The height of the lighthouse is 134 feet and one of the few lighthouses with living quarters as part of the structure. Some original furnishings remain in the lighthouse
The Investigator Science and Technology Centre is South Australia's own interactive Science and Technology Centre. The spirit of The Investigator is learning about science and technology through exciting interactive exhibitions and amazing science shows. The Investigator also has a Soundhouse, where music is composed, recorded and performed using headphones, piano keyboards and computers. Additionally The Investigator runs a metro and regional travelling exhibit and science show program called Outreach. Exhibitions change regularly and in 2000 themes vary from Sports, and aliens' perspectives...

Pages