Metalwork

The building is known as the "Sergeants Residence" and was constructed in about 1871. It adjoins the police complex. The museum contains many aspects of the social life of this area; including an early bedroom, an early dining room, an early kitchen, two rooms depicting aspects of early life in this area, part of the early courthouse, a chemist shop, a hospital room, a blacksmiths shop and an agricultural machinery exhibit.An historical collection of Queanbeyan and district, ranging back well into the 1800's. This collection is strictly applicable to Queanbeyan and district.
The Blue Mountains Historical Society's premises are on the site of a 50 acre grant of land to John McLaughlin, a Sydney solicitor and member of the Legislative Council in 1879. This historic cottage, "Tarella", which was built by him in 1890, is the oldest cottage on the northern side of Wentworth Falls. The cottage rooms are set up in the period of the early 1900s with many items belonging to the McLaughlin family, who were the sole owners prior to the BMHS ownership in 1988.

The modern premises consist of the Research Centre, which holds over 10,000 local records of...
The Powerhouse Museum Research Library collection, services and staff expertise provide a rich research resource for museum staff, library visitors and colleagues in the cultural sector. The Research Library collection dates from the establishment of the museum in 1880. The collection is diverse and reflects the changing research requirements from the past and anticipates future research needs. The library collects to support exhibition development, publication production, education programmes, museology and corporate information needs.The research Library collection reflects the interests...
The museum is situated in ten hectares of parkland and houses a vast display of mining era memorabilia: housing, dairy display, mining equipment etc. It also features a railway museum and a light horse museum. The winding engine operates under steam a minimum of four times a year.Over 4,000 items

1892 Country Post Office and Residence, furnished country Dance Hall, large lace collection, household requirements used from the turn of the 20th Century, early 1900 farm implements, Blacksmith shop and tools, cheese making equipment, World War 2 memorabilia, shepherds hut, country school building and much, much moreLarge lace collection, World War II Memorabilia, photographs, farm machinery, circa 1900 buildings, picnic area, BBQ, Cheese making equipment, Blacksmith shop and tools.

The Gallery displays art works by local artists. It also holds a small permanent collection.50 items
The complex is a pioneer village and museum. It comprises eleven weatherboard buildings in original condition: a museum hall (3 buildings); Acutt House - 1930 original home; 1910 ex Methodist Church and Church Vestry; a blacksmith shop; Dairy and three sheds of agricultural and manufacturing machinery including special "sugar cane" collection; and Goodwood Railway Station with rails and small goods carriage used for servicing oil tankers from the "Pier". The buildings are furnished with historical items, including significant collections of agricultural machinery, tools...
Fassifern District Historical Society oversees Templin Historical Village which consists of a country church, a store, house/office, school, dairy, slab hut and other museum buildings grouped around a central green to recreate a village atmosphere. The museum also has a collection of historical items and photographs.Estimated 10,000 items plus 5,000 photos
This historic building (built in 1890) was the home of Henry Plantagenet and Katherine Rose Somerset. Henry was a member of Parliament from 1904-1920. Caboonbah is now the headquarters of the Brisbane Valley Historical Society Inc, and the complex consists of seven buildings: Caboonbah Homestead, Cement Building, Caretakers Cottage (private), the original Worker's Cottage, McGrath Cottage, Police Station and Cell Block. A telemetric service was provided from Caboonbah after the 1893 floods and is still on site and in use.600 collections
The Museum is derived from Britain's first social history museum. It was founded in 1934 in England and was brought to Australia after World War II. After nearly 40 years of storage, it now occupies a new building opened in 1986 near Bribie Island, 40 kilometres North of Brisbane. A fine arts and archaeology museum, the museum's collections cover the history of humankind over the last 500,000 years with original artefacts from Europe, Asia, America and Africa and limited collections from Australia. They include works of art, ceramics, glass, metalwork, textiles, sculpture and paper. Each year...
'Miegunyah' (1886) is a colonial home built when the local tradition was at its most ornate and opulent. It functions as a House Museum and headquarters of the Queensland Women's Historical Association. It is set in a tranquil leafy garden in historic Bowen Hills. The Association's comprehensive collection of personal and household items not only interprets this lifestyle but also enables regular changing exhibitions on wide ranging subjects. The building itself encapsules the late 19th century middle class Brisbane lifestyle. Within its collection it holds major items of memorabilia from Sir...
The Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre recalls those familiar features of the Australian landscape - corrugated iron roofs, water tanks, silos, wool sheds and shady verandahs. The interior features a vaulted ceiling and displays designed to reflect the wide-open spaces, colour and character of the outback landscape they celebrate.

The Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre has now proven itself to be the envisaged tourism destination. Longreach is a pivotal point on the Tropic of Capricorn, linking the Reef in the east with...
The museum building was formerly a Scared Heart Convent of the Sisters of Mercy; two story timber 15mts x 25mts, internal walls are stained with tongue and groove crow's ash (1946). Yarraman Railway Station (1913) and Arthur Brown's butcher shop (c.1920). The grounds contain a scrub/rainforest area, farm machinery, plant shade house, water wise garden and unique water tank system from convent days. The total area is 1.2 hectares.The collection started in October 1997. Yarraman Heritage Centre has a wide range of community involvement, manly because of the necessity to attract large fundings...
We are situated on the main street in the Old Telegraph station c.1860. Focusing the history of the building and towns history. McKinlays artefacts (explorer)Small archival records, small collection of photographs, telegraphic memorabilia, household items. Gawler's early industrial era. General items of the towns businesses.
The museum is housed in the Hog Bay School building, the third school to be built on the site (1922). The first room you enter is the Maritime Room, this displays the history and shipwrecks of Kangaroo Island. The School Porch houses the displays of schooling. The Schoolroom has displays on Early Settlers, including aboriginal women, agriculture, industry, communications and social and domestic life are portrayed.2,000 items, 700 photographs. The displays are organised in such a way that the visitor quickly gains a feel for the history of Kangaroo Island, especially maritime, education, early...
The Museum's collections include household items, post office articles, and records, an old school room (1893), blacksmith's shop, farm implements and engines, housed in an 1870 home and outbuildings.700 - 800 items, approximately 200 photographs
Adelaide Gaol was decommissioned in February 1988. Visitors are taken on a conducted tour during which they see conditions for prisoners, the places of execution and exhibitions of artefacts relating to prisons and prison life in South Australia during 147 years.2,000 items, plus buildings.
The lighthouse stood for 100 years offshore on a reef, 5 miles at sea. When it became obsolete it was dismantled and brought ashore and re-erected in Kingston. The lighthouse is furnished with some of the original furniture and contains all the lantern room equipment. Although not used as a lighthouse , it is still in working order.The height of the lighthouse is 134 feet and one of the few lighthouses with living quarters as part of the structure. Some original furnishings remain in the lighthouse
Local history of the district from 1880. Special sections on agriculture, entertainment, sports, marine, schools, churches, transport, household items, photographs, maps and books. The museum if also responsible for the care of Stokes Methodist Church and Pioneer Women's Memorial. Caretakers of the Provis Memorial Park. Markers at the sites of early schools and other places of historical interest. Listing of the heritage listed buildings in the area.900 items, 450 photographs. Memorabilia of local - transport, churches, schools, shipping, shops, early settlers, agriculture, entertainment,...
Hope Cottage is one of three built in 1857 by the Calnan family, later to become known as Faith, Hope and Charity. The Museum holds a collection of photographs, books, shipwreck articles, tractors, engines and farm machinery (some restored to working order). A tower in the grounds carries the light transferred from Tippera Reef to Cape Willoughby in 1922. There is also a working model of a eucalyptus still and a working windmill.A wide variety of different articles from early Kangaroo Island. The cottage has the normal things found in a home in the early days including the first piano...

Pages