Surveying

The Museum has a large collection of photographs covering pioneer families, Aborigines, ex-servicemen from World Wars I and II, and modern photographs - all tracing Theodore's development. The displays include the history of early station families, arts and crafts, a pioneer kitchen and bedroom, Aboriginal artefacts, town plans and farm machinery.
Our Chinchilla Museum has restored Pioneer cottage - fully furnished. Prickly Pear story from devastation to eradication. Traction steam engines, vintage motor vehicles, horse drawn vehicles, original Chinchilla state school, fully furnished - Two halls containing collection of Memorabilia of yesteryear: fully restored dairy and cream shed.Over 5,000 items on display, including farm machinery, horse drawn vehicles, well appointed library housing history of Chinchilla and its pioneers. First Chinchilla school (1883) on grounds containing early school memorabilia.
This historic building (built in 1890) was the home of Henry Plantagenet and Katherine Rose Somerset. Henry was a member of Parliament from 1904-1920. Caboonbah is now the headquarters of the Brisbane Valley Historical Society Inc, and the complex consists of seven buildings: Caboonbah Homestead, Cement Building, Caretakers Cottage (private), the original Worker's Cottage, McGrath Cottage, Police Station and Cell Block. A telemetric service was provided from Caboonbah after the 1893 floods and is still on site and in use.600 collections
The Morven Historical Museum is housed in three buildings. A slab hut is used for machinery and hardware and such larger articles as an old manual wool press and stores a miscellaneous collection of old books and photographs, and local artefacts. The second building features a unique collection of finally crafted miniature buildings that were to be found in Morven in the early 1900's. Displayed in the third building is the Davey Packman working steam engine. These buildings are typical of many early Australian settlements and together depict the social history of Morven in this bygone era....
The Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre recalls those familiar features of the Australian landscape - corrugated iron roofs, water tanks, silos, wool sheds and shady verandahs. The interior features a vaulted ceiling and displays designed to reflect the wide-open spaces, colour and character of the outback landscape they celebrate.

The Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre has now proven itself to be the envisaged tourism destination. Longreach is a pivotal point on the Tropic of Capricorn, linking the Reef in the east with...
The Queensland Museum is an innovative, exciting and accessible museum of science, human achievement and social history, of international standing, reaching out to all Queenslanders. Through excellence in communication, collection, interpretation and research, the Museum displays and publications bring significant times, peoples and places to life.2,250,000 specimens
Collection of scientific instruments relating to or depending on physical principles as well as associated books and cataloguesMost of the instruments date from the first quarter of the Twentieth Century, with Cambridge (Scientific) Instrument Company being well represented, Optical and electrical instruments comprise the majority of the collection, but most area of physics are represented.
Eight separate buildings: The historic pioneer house, the one teacher school, the blacksmith shop, the Government Shed are equipped. Sheds house the farm machinery, stationary engines and fir engine, while a separate museum centre contains a library, photographic and interpretive displays, taped histories and various documents relating to social history. All in bushland setting.Kimba's local history museum includes pioneer domestic and farming items, stationary engines, harness vehicles and equipment, vintage trucks and tractors, a water conservation model, schooling and communication...
Local history of the district from 1880. Special sections on agriculture, entertainment, sports, marine, schools, churches, transport, household items, photographs, maps and books. The museum if also responsible for the care of Stokes Methodist Church and Pioneer Women's Memorial. Caretakers of the Provis Memorial Park. Markers at the sites of early schools and other places of historical interest. Listing of the heritage listed buildings in the area.900 items, 450 photographs. Memorabilia of local - transport, churches, schools, shipping, shops, early settlers, agriculture, entertainment,...
The complex is comprised of a stone courthouse, police station, police horse stables and original lock-up. Established in 1848, it played an important role in the development of the district. Exhibitions are also displayed in two modern buildings on site.The early police and judiciary are the main themes of our museum exhibition, supported by displays dealing with early settlement in the area. We also have extensive historic photographic and paper (documents etc) collections.
The museum is located in the repaired ruins of large ornate brick engine houses, built in 1905 for the Beaconsfield "Tasmania" gold mine. This 950sqm space is augmented by a 540sqm new building, outside space and a near-by park depicting the flowery gully school and a miner's cottage. A viewing platform overlooks the surface operational area of the Beaconsfield Mine Joint Venture. Average viewing time for the museum is 1 hour.2,000 items. Relics of Tasmania's largest gold mine 1878-1914, which produced 26 tonnes of gold. Adjacent to a large new mine about to produce gold from the...
The "Old Court House" was built in 1938 and was used as a Court of Petty Sessions until the 1970's and for Council meetings until 1993. The Bruny History Collection was established in 1988 and the History Room opened in 1997. The History Room provides a venue for the community and visiting public to peruse information on Bruny Island's history with subjects arranged in alphabetical order including Aboriginal History, Convicts, Family Trees, Industries, schools, Wars and many others.The collection contains items of yesteryear, local community archival records and photographs...
The Local History Resource Centre was established in 1984 as part of the Victoria 150th Celebrations. The collection is housed in the former Ouyen Courthouse building which it shares with the Mallee Genealogical Society. The centre houses material collected from the southern part of the Rural City Council area. The photographic collection is a special feature, comprising approximately 2,500 black and white photographs. The aim of the centre is to make local history information accessible to everyone.Photographs, microfilm of the early Ouyen newspapers from 1911, including some early copies...
Our Museum consists of a house and various out buildings located on two town blocks in Port Welshpool. The collection is spread over the whole area. Our strong point is the early fishing industry in Corner Inlet, including a daily diary kept by the Smith family from 1887-1958. Housed in Welshpool's first residence (1881), the Museum contains a local history collection that includes natural history objects, fishing and maritime artefacts. Original display cases house a magnificent shell collection that dates from the 1800s.Our collection is the contents of the house which is now the museum,...
The Museum opened in 1984 in the former Primitive Church. The Church is an 1870 blustone building which is part of the historic government precinct of the town. It contains many historic buildings which feature in photo displays in the museum. The museum has a collection of documents, photographs, school, cemetery and Amherst hospital records and artefacts presenting the history of the pioneers and early settlers of the district.The collection includes over 600 photographs, a large collection of historic records relating to schools, local government, local families, hospitals and a wide range...
Scienceworks is a dynamic interactive science and technology museum combining the newly built Melbourne Planetarium. Scienceworks encourages visitors to 'Get A Grasp of Science and Technology' by creating a range of interactive experiences that are enjoyable and educational through its range of high quality programs, services and facilities offered. This venue also features Melbourne's magnificent nineteenth century sewage pumping station.50,000 objects plus 200,000 two-dimensional items
Housed in the old woodend Court House, the Resource Centre caters for local and family history inquiries. The collection is accessed by computers and a master file by over 100,000 cards. Microfilm, microfiche records, audio tapes and transcripts, school and cemetery records, photographs, rate books etc, make up the collectionEstimated 100,000 references and catalogued items
This historic hotel/boarding house (built 1876) houses a collection of furniture, crockery, glassware, gowns, and napery, library, war memoranda, saddlery, pictures, photographs, family histories, carriages, farm machinery, tools etc. The first National Bank built in nearby Longwood (1886) has been resited in the grounds of the museum.Approximately 14 rooms of exhibits, annexe, machinery shed and National Bank, Eliza Furlonge Cottage
The Kyneton Museum collection is housed in a group of buildings, the most substantial of which was built in 1856 from local bluestone for the infant Bank of New South Wales. The branch was opened to service miners of the region's goldfields. Original outbuildings include kitchens, celler and stables, and these have been augmented by various outbuildings including an original settlers cottage which was relocated here in 1970. The outbuildings house the extensive agricultural display, whilst the kitchen and laundry show authentic household utensils. An original settler's cottage 'Theaden' is...
Onslow Museum is housed in The Old Goods Shed which was transported over by Camel Train from the Old Town of Onslow in 1925. As it is an Historical Building it has been classified by the National Trust. Many larger items, such as the train and carriage used in transport of goods from the jetty, are on The wool ramps adjacent to the building.Artifacts relating to the pioneering days of the Onslow and surrounding Ashburton/ Pilbara district, plus a collection of photographs.

Pages