Animal Husbandry

The Noel Butlin Archives Centre (Archives of Business and Labour) is a nationally significant collection of primary source material relating to business and labour. The NBAC holds archives of industrial organisations, businesses, professional associations, industry bodies and the labour movement. It makes them available for research and use by the University and the wider community.Scope: National; size: 13km of shelf space; strengths: Trade Union & Labour Archives, Business Archives, National Aids Archives Collection, Organisation Archives
Gledswood Farm Museum is an attraction of Gledswood Homestead, itself a tourist destination and heritage attraction. The museum is located in the granary of the coach house.422 artefacts, 196 photographs
The museum, originally the Post Office Hotel, is of slab construction, with a puddled iron roof. Built in 1860, it was occupied continuously until 1970, (as a private home since World War I). The museum is furnished as a private home and features extensive photo and gem-rock collections. Other buildings in the grounds include a school and a blacksmith shop.2,000 items; 2,000 photos; 2,000 gems and minerals
The Hamilton Hume museum illustrates the development of Yass since the 1820's and includes the life and work of the explorer, Hamilton Hume. The current exhibition "The Parallels" is developed around models of Yass main street 1895, compares that time with 1995 and is illustrated with advertisements, tools and wares. Displays pay tribute to Yass soldiers and nurses 20th Century wars and illustrate a 19th Century shop, parlour and kitchen, rural life and work in a woolshed.Animal husbandry - sheep and wool. Model - Yass main street 1895. Advertising - Yass 1895. Model - rural life...
The entry to the Lachlan Historical Village is the Trigilana Wool Shed. After crossing a suspension bridge, visitors can view the fifty five buildings which comprise the village, including stores, authentic homesteads, a bank, a school, the gaol and a gold mining area. Special features include Henry Lawson's childhood home, the home of bushranger Ben Hall and a medical hall with a collection of over 2,000 apothecary items.20,000 items, 500 photographs
The Colonial Inn Museum is located in the old West End Hotel built in 1856, and licensed as a hotel until 1923. It is a two storey building featuring wrought iron lace and pillars manufactured in a Mudgee iron foundry. Some displays have been developed around the building's early usage (eg the bar, parlour, kitchen and a bedroom). There is also an extensive display of farm machinery and horsedrawn vehicles, and general displays of items from Mudgee's past. Family history research is also available.8,000 items
This two storey Georgian style school house (ca1840) displays furniture, clothing, personal and household items, photographs and other objects from the late 1800s to the mid 1900s. The restored, convict built building also houses a collection of historic books from the Australian Agricultural Company (AAC), dating from the late 1700s to the 1800s.
Built in 1851, Alne Bank is a late Georgian house of stuccoed rubble stone with cedar fittings and furniture. It has been the home of the Hindmarsh family for five generations, and it features a stone barn housing museum pieces, a family cemetery and a working dairy. One of its specialities is information on the history of cedar in the area.
The collection of this folk museum is 95 percent local and visitors enjoy its hands on approach. Of special interest is a 110 year old church, the old boarding house, a converted movie prop and a range of working machines. Includes military museum, blacksmith shop, tack room, rock and mineral display room, large shed containing machinery and workshop, said by visitors to be one of the best and biggest of its type in the countryApproximately 20,000 items. Anything and everything related to history of Nambucca Valley. Includes the Nambucca District Combined Services Museum Inc. (military...
Fairfield City Museum and Gallery consists of a museum with a permanent local history exhibition, a historical village, a temporary exhibition gallery and a community access space. The historic village, complete with soundscapes, brings to life Western Sydney from 1900 to the 1930s, with reconstructed and heritage buildings, including a schoolhouse, a slab hut, a weatherboard cottage, a blacksmith's shop, a motor garage, The Biz newspaper printery and Wheatley's Store. The temporary exhibition gallery and community access space host exhibitions representing the diverse cultures of Fairfield...
The Society was formed in 1963 and since 1968 has opeated a museum in the former School of Arts building, which is heritage-listed. The purpose of the Museum is the collecting, preserving and interpreting of local heritage for everyone. The Society aims to promote local history, including family history and the Museum collection, to the local community and the general public.Dungog Museum has a wide range of items representing local and family history. The collection reflects the area's rural history, including dairying and the timber industry, and local manufacturing including items from...
Historical Cottage built in 1887. Corrugated iron and log sheds (shearing Shed Style). Extensive collections maintained, restored, conserved by volunteers. Special exhibitions arranged in line with community events such as a wool display for prime stock day and a "1901" theme for the centenary of federation.Local rural community archival religions and phonographs. Historical cottage with turn of the century display. i.e. Kitchen with old fuel stove, meat safes, butter churning, china, lace, linen, silver teapots. Antique farming machinery, office equipment, sulkies harness etc.
Buildings include; the old lockup and residence (1870) which houses the museum; and the Sergeant's Residence which is the research centre. Next door is the old Court House (pre 1900). The society researches and publishes historical material relevant to Scone and district, creates special exhibitions (Australia Day, Horse Festival) and collects material relevant to the district.Estimated 20,000 objects plus records and photographs.
The Age of Fishes Museum was created to house a collection of world-class Devonian fish fossils first discovered in 1956 near the township of Canowindra. After a major excavation in 1993, over 3500 well-preserved fossils were removed for further study. The best of these fossils are on public display, embedded in thick sandstone slabs up to two metres long.Approximately 180 slabs of sandstone weighing about 80 tonnes, and over 3,500 specimens of Devonian fish fossils.
This is a rural museum which tries to preserve a way of life from early settlement. A collection of early farm machinery, tractors, wool presses, blacksmithing tools, picture show projectors and dairy equipment is on display. Corn threshing by machine and by hand is demonstrated on open day, as well as rope making and spinning.300 documents, 200 photographs, 100 farm machines, 20 Aboriginal artefacts
The museum represents the social and natural history of Eumundi through displays and historical documentation. The museum has digitised it's photographic collection and provides access to these images through a computer situated within the museum. Further records are added regularly. The museum is situated in the former Methodist church, built in 1911.300 objects, 200 natural history specimens, 2 500 photographs. The Eumundi Historical Museum contains social history collections, family history documentation, a comprehensive natural history collection and an extensive collection of historical...
About 2,000 photographs are on display, arranged according to local district, all housed in the former one-room Walloon Shire Chambers. Information on pioneer families is available. Near the Museum is a shingle-roofed dairy with artefacts of the industry.2,000 photographs plus dairying artefacts, comprehensive library of local industry, family, school and church histories
The Society maintains a sandstone cottage, built c.1870, which features furniture and household items representing more than 130 years of family life in the district. Collections of photographs, historical items, farming equipment, vehicles and machinery are displayed. Several buildings have been relocated on the site, including a church, slab hut, overseers cottage and an emporium building. A printing display includes presses and associated items from the Warwick Daily News.15,000 items
The Museum has a large collection of photographs covering pioneer families, Aborigines, ex-servicemen from World Wars I and II, and modern photographs - all tracing Theodore's development. The displays include the history of early station families, arts and crafts, a pioneer kitchen and bedroom, Aboriginal artefacts, town plans and farm machinery.
The complex consists of four buildings. A school building houses a school room display along with Aboriginal artefacts. Agricultural equipment is stored beneath. A cane cutters cottage has four rooms and is furnished with furniture etc from the 1900 era. A small one room building (originally from the local hospital) will be set up as a shop. A reconstructed slab hut will house and will have timber for its theme. An Open Day with various displays and activities is held each July, free to the public.The collection includes; pioneering implements, blacksmith, timber getting and general...

Pages