South Eastern

Established in 1931, the Museum's collection was originally based around the skeleton of the killer whale Old Tom, which is well steeped in local folklore. The Museum's prime theme is the whaling industry. The secondary theme is general maritime and fishing while the third interest is the timber...
The building is purpose built as a museum and workshop and sits several acres of gardens. Binalong is a small unspoiled village one hour from Canberra and three hours from Sydney. There is ample car parking at the Museum and facilities for barbecue and picnics. The Museum comprises model steam...
The Hamilton Hume museum illustrates the development of Yass since the 1820's and includes the life and work of the explorer, Hamilton Hume. The current exhibition "The Parallels" is developed around models of Yass main street 1895, compares that time with 1995 and is illustrated with...
The Museum collection is housed in a building of local stone, listed on the Register of National Estate and comprising a schoolmaster's residence and attached schoolroom (c.1873). The display highlights the history of the Merimbula-Pambula area & identifies some well known local individuals,...
The museum's local history collection includes furniture, clothing, books, china, machinery and photos. These items are displayed in a bedroom, parlour and sewing room of a 1920s house and in an extension. Separate rooms have been devoted to materials from the Returned Service League and to the...
The museum is in a granite 2 storeyed building - the Royal Hotel 1845. It was owned by surveyor James Larmer who accompnied Mitchell on exploration trips and surveyed all the South East of the colony. The building was bought by Grand United Order of Oddfellows in 1882 and two large halls were...
The Bega Valley Regional Gallery has a balanced program of exhibits ranging from the traditional to the highly abstract. The permanent collection incorporates the work of artists such as John Downton, Albert Namatjira and Hilda Rix Nicholas.90 works
Originally an Inn (1857-1868), then a private school (1868-1886), Garroorigang has been the private home of the Hume family for over a century. Mr Hume was Goulburn's well known historian, and a collateral descendant of explorer Hamilton Hume. The house features an exquisite Victorian drawing...
Since its opening in 1968, the Gundagai Museum has displayed a wealth of historical memorabilia depicting a life that was both hard and gracious. Special exhibits include Phar Lap's saddlecloth, the shirt worn by Banjo Patterson's Kiley of Kileys Run and the assayer's bowl used by US President...
The main museum venue is in a large slab barn where items of local and regional interest are displayed. Happy Valley has been under the control of the Locker family since 1848. Up until 1950, it was used as a base for mountain rural activities. A comprehensive collection of family lifestyle...

Pages