Forestry

The Australian War Memorial commemorates the sacrifice of Australian men and women who have served in war, through its ceremonial areas, extensive exhibitions and research facilities. The focus of commemoration is the Hall of Memory, together with the Tomb of the Unknown Australian Soldier, the Pool of Reflection and the Roll of Honour that lists the names of over 102,000 Australians who have died in war.

The Memorial is internationally recognised for its exhibitions, that cover over 12,000 square metres, which present stories of Australia's military history from colonial times to...
Established in 1931, the Museum's collection was originally based around the skeleton of the killer whale Old Tom, which is well steeped in local folklore. The Museum's prime theme is the whaling industry. The secondary theme is general maritime and fishing while the third interest is the timber industry and local social history.Artefacts relating to shore-based whaling, the timber industry, fishing and shipping, lighthouse, some agriculture and numerous domestic items, natural history specimens (skeletons, minerals, fossils) maritime artefacts (shipwreck relics, navigational equipment,...
Gledswood Farm Museum is an attraction of Gledswood Homestead, itself a tourist destination and heritage attraction. The museum is located in the granary of the coach house.422 artefacts, 196 photographs
Nimbin Museum is a journey through eight rooms in chronological order (Aboriginal, pioneer, and hippy eras) as the visitor follows the rainbow serpent path. One of the strengths of the collection is "hippypernalia". Nimbin is a holy town and this trip is sacred!7,000 items and numerous inbuilt artistic works
This restored Court House built in 1877 houses a collection of historic photos of Stroud and district. It also displays information on the formation of the Australian Agricultural Company in London in 1824, the farm grant of 500,000 acres on the Port Stephen estate and local and family history.
The Headland Museum at Nambucca Heads is a small, uncluttered Museum with a large photographic display depicting the early days of timber and shipping in the area. Some fine pieces of furniture, china, and ceramics are housed in the Museum, as well as craft, kitchenalia and farming implements. Aboriginal artefacts are featured, including a genuine "King" plate. Records of shipwrecks on the Nambucca are available, as well as of general shipbuilding including the "Royal Tar". Early mill owners are documented and a good collection of timber working tools is on display. The...
This two storey Georgian style school house (ca1840) displays furniture, clothing, personal and household items, photographs and other objects from the late 1800s to the mid 1900s. The restored, convict built building also houses a collection of historic books from the Australian Agricultural Company (AAC), dating from the late 1700s to the 1800s.
A diverse collection of artefacts used in the Orara Valley over the last 125 years. The display is housed in two sections attached to the Glenreagh School of Arts, and the staff are well versed in local history.Over 600 items
The collection of this folk museum is 95 percent local and visitors enjoy its hands on approach. Of special interest is a 110 year old church, the old boarding house, a converted movie prop and a range of working machines. Includes military museum, blacksmith shop, tack room, rock and mineral display room, large shed containing machinery and workshop, said by visitors to be one of the best and biggest of its type in the countryApproximately 20,000 items. Anything and everything related to history of Nambucca Valley. Includes the Nambucca District Combined Services Museum Inc. (military...
Housed in a 1900s weatherboard school house, the Museum numbers over 4,000 items, representing the rural and coal fields heritage of the region. Its two classrooms still contain original fittings, such as desks and forms, blackboards, and wall maps to retain the character and function of the building. Items displayed range from buttons to pianos and organs. Rare and old books dating from the 1830s are a feature. The collection is typical of any country town, depicting the typical lifestyle of the region from the 1920s.4,000 items, 400 photographs, 100 postcards, 400 books
The policy of the museum is to collect items relating to Paterson and the district - The collection is housed in the former Paterson Court House (1858-63) Fully restored externally and set in well maintained grounds. We extend country hospitality which complements the well accredited museum.The history of Paterson and District covering indigenous, white settlement, convict times to district development to present day in a relaxing well presented atmosphere.
The main museum building was Mullumbimby's first post office, built in timber in 1907, which was relocated to its present site in 1984. Summers Park in which the museum buildings and external exhibits are located, has a replica slab cottage, a large collection of horse drawn farm implements, and equipment from the local railway, water supply facility and brick works. Mullumbimby is the service centre for the Brunswick Valley and lies in the heart of the Byron Shire. A monthly market is held in Summers Park on the third Saturday of each month.The Museum houses a general collection of local...
The Society was formed in 1963 and since 1968 has opeated a museum in the former School of Arts building, which is heritage-listed. The purpose of the Museum is the collecting, preserving and interpreting of local heritage for everyone. The Society aims to promote local history, including family history and the Museum collection, to the local community and the general public.Dungog Museum has a wide range of items representing local and family history. The collection reflects the area's rural history, including dairying and the timber industry, and local manufacturing including items from...
The University of Wollongong Science Centre and Planetarium was established in late 1989 and quickly became the most popular science based excursion venue in the Illawarra. In addition, the Centre has become a major tourist attraction. There are over 120 hands-on exhibits providing a fun interactive learning environment. Close ties with the University and local industry enables the Centre to provide a valuable resource to all members of the community. Those links, along with the only fixed planetarium in New South Wales and regular astronomy nights also allow the Science Centre to provide a...
The Museum building dates back to C1871 when James Campbell Duff built a general store. The building is the oldest commercial premises in Wingham.Local History as seen in photos, farm equipment, hospital equipment, home life, education, good living, music and wartime. Also a collection of Local and Family History Archives.
The Turkish Bath Museum, having been built in the 1880's by Richard Wynne, a founder of Mt Wilson and the benefactor for the Wynne Art Prize for Landscape and Sculpture, is situated on a hill facing north overlooking the Blue Mountains National Park and is part of the heritage estate of 'Wynstay' which is listed on the State Heritage Register. The Museum is also on the National Heritage register. Now partly conserved, it is a stylish building with beautifully stained and hand painted glass windows, polychrome brick work, Italianate decoration and an elaborate turret. Although there is only...
Australia's Only Black & White Art Gallery exhibiting original cartoons only from the 3rd largest private collection in Australia. Rotary Cartoon Awards WWII heritage listed RAAF Bunker. Converted and restored by Rotary Club of Coffs Harbour City. Regarding Australia's History and Heritage with Humour.Australia's Only Black & White Art Gallery housed in 1943 WWII RAAF Bunker (Heritage listed) exhibited cartoons from Rotary National and International Cartoon collection plus displays from private collections. NSW state forests Henry Kendell Collection on display.
The museum complex consists of four historical buildings: the old Court House, the R.S.L. Hall, Boyd's (fishing) Shed and the Deck House of the drogher 'Terranora'. The museum's collection is housed in the Soldiers Memorial Hall and contains an interesting array of maritime artifacts and photographs.

The old Court House contains the Resource Centre which has a rapidly growing collection of historical material available to the public. The Court House also contains the Photographic Gallery which has an impressive array of old prints of the Tweed and Twin Towns area.The museum's...
Bundanoon History Group Inc has a collection relevant to Bundanoon dating from 1862. The display is constantly rotated between the stack and display room. The collection contains photos, newspaper articles, essays and letters - of particular interest are those of Jordan's Crossing.The collection is mainly paper records: both text and photographs. There are photographs of schools and school children, class rolls covering almost 150 years of a village where agriculture, timber and coal industries flourished. Contemporary information is also collected.
The museum is situated in ten hectares of parkland and houses a vast display of mining era memorabilia: housing, dairy display, mining equipment etc. It also features a railway museum and a light horse museum. The winding engine operates under steam a minimum of four times a year.Over 4,000 items

Pages