Models

The Museum aims to preserve representative items of transport interest and has developed into an important community asset in the Glenorchy Municipality. The museum caters for the cultural and educational needs of those who live in the area as well as those who find pleasure in Tasmanian transport heritage: those enthusiasts for whom past forms of transport and associated memorabilia have a particular fascination. The museum operates train rides on the first and third Sunday of each month.The collection includes steam locomotives; rail cars and rolling stock; reconstructed railway station...
The permanent display of various steam engines is supplemented by exciting rallies each May and November.Large collection of restored steam engines, traction engines, steam rollers, internal combustion engines, farm tractors, restored farm cottage displaying old wares etc, working 90 tonne steam shovel, working steam powered 'power' generating display.
Our Museum consists of a house and various out buildings located on two town blocks in Port Welshpool. The collection is spread over the whole area. Our strong point is the early fishing industry in Corner Inlet, including a daily diary kept by the Smith family from 1887-1958. Housed in Welshpool's first residence (1881), the Museum contains a local history collection that includes natural history objects, fishing and maritime artefacts. Original display cases house a magnificent shell collection that dates from the 1800s.Our collection is the contents of the house which is now the museum,...

The Museum's Aboriginal name translates as "home of yesterday". It is housed in a bluestone and brick building built in 1874. Displays, including many photographs, dressed models, clothing and farm machinery, reflect the gold mining rush of 1856. The Mooney and Charles Best collections of Aboriginal artefacts are also featured, the Mooney collection being on loan from the City of Ararat.Approximately 4000 items, plus 1000 photographs

This museum exhibits civil and military aircraft with an emphasis on Australian design and/or manufacture. Exhibitions display photographs and artefacts.Estimate 40 aircraft total collection including 21 aircraft on public display, plus 7 buildings with 4 open to the public
A collector's paradise, the Museum presents over 200 collections in thirty rooms. Set amidst five acres of International Gardens (the Savill Gardens), its special attractions include the fourteenth portable gaol built in Victoria and the state's smallest church.Estimate over 1 million items
Scienceworks is a dynamic interactive science and technology museum combining the newly built Melbourne Planetarium. Scienceworks encourages visitors to 'Get A Grasp of Science and Technology' by creating a range of interactive experiences that are enjoyable and educational through its range of high quality programs, services and facilities offered. This venue also features Melbourne's magnificent nineteenth century sewage pumping station.50,000 objects plus 200,000 two-dimensional items
A large collection of vehicles from 1900 to models of the 1950s and 1960s, together with a collection of memorabilia, are displayed in a large galvanised iron building designed to look like an old time garage. More vehicles awaiting restoration are displayed outside, at the rear of the building. Vehicles being restored can be viewed in a modern workshop.Over 100 historic vehicles in various stages of restoration, with 20 fully restored
This historic hotel/boarding house (built 1876) houses a collection of furniture, crockery, glassware, gowns, and napery, library, war memoranda, saddlery, pictures, photographs, family histories, carriages, farm machinery, tools etc. The first National Bank built in nearby Longwood (1886) has been resited in the grounds of the museum.Approximately 14 rooms of exhibits, annexe, machinery shed and National Bank, Eliza Furlonge Cottage
The Museum is housed in a Trust National Building, which is currently undergoing restoration. There are many maritime objects, including models of ships and a scale model of "Gerberus". We also have early clothing, domestic articles, an historic signature quilt from World War I, which has been to Sydney on loan. We also have a sound effects machine, thousands of photographs, silverware, WWI memorabilia, family research and a bi-monthly newsletter.World War I memorabilia including a signature quilt made by the women of Williamstown including Jacka's signature. We have archival records,...

Motor Museum featuring vehicles, stationary engines, motorcycles, signs, models, trams, tractor, a fully set up workshop, photographic and general motoring memorabilia. Extensive range of veteran, vintage and classic cars and trucks. Working exhibit - showing the internal workings of an early model Holden 6 cylinder engineEstimated 30 plus vehicles and other items which exceed 600

Polly Woodside Melbourne Maritime Museum visitors can experience the sights, sounds and atmosphere of Australia's rich maritime heritage. Centred upon the restored 1885 tall ship, Polly Woodside, which is afloat in Melbourne's original 1870's dry dock, the museum is housed in historically listed wharf cargo sheds. It offers displays, relics, photographs and film footage depicting the Port of Melbourne's origins; importance to immigration, trade and its continuing role in the development of Victoria. Plus: visiting exhibitions: children's activity areas; reference library; ship photographic...
The original four roomed building, c.1888, from which the irrigation scheme for the Western Goulburn Valley was developed, was purchased and restored in 1988. This building now houses local history and information on the history of irrigation. Two brick extensions, totalling 200 sq. metres have since been added to house the Wartime Camps collection, included is a foyer, shop and lecture room come art gallery complete with video viewing facilities.Photographs, art and craft work, records, recollections and other archival material recovered from the former prisoners and internees from the seven...
The Kyneton Museum collection is housed in a group of buildings, the most substantial of which was built in 1856 from local bluestone for the infant Bank of New South Wales. The branch was opened to service miners of the region's goldfields. Original outbuildings include kitchens, celler and stables, and these have been augmented by various outbuildings including an original settlers cottage which was relocated here in 1970. The outbuildings house the extensive agricultural display, whilst the kitchen and laundry show authentic household utensils. An original settler's cottage 'Theaden' is...
Displays of artefacts, buildings and machinery depicting the early history of Wagin from 1840. We have 25 original and replica buildings, artefacts plus an extensive machinery display. Winner of the Heartlands Tourism Award for 2003 and 2003 and finalist in Community of the Year 2003. Totally volunteer driven.The museum covers 2 acres and is a detailed picture of everyday life in the area around the time the early settlers first arrived circa 1840 until 1920. The collection consists of 5,000 items and 1,500 photographs.

The Village consists of the Original Bank, Schoolhouse, Quarantine...
Displays include period settings, repair workshops, posters and other memorabilia with over 120 painstakingly restored cars, bikes, unusual and performance vehicles. Located at the heart of picturesque Whiteman Park, the museum has ample parking delightful lakeside picnic and BBQ facilities and only 18 minutes from Perth.Collection includes possibly the oldest car in western Australia, 1898 Benz and many special display of early motoring in Western Australia. We are continually changing our displays at a rate of approx 3 vehicles per week.
The Museum is housed in the Old Police Station, Prison and Courthouse complex. The building was erected in 1870, with extensions being completed in 1873. The original building comprised a court room, police station, cell block and living quarters, and was built from locally-quarried limestone; the walls are some 450mm thick, constructed in the coarse random rubble style. The roof, which was originally wooden shingle, has been replaced by corrugated iron. A sample of the original shingles is displayed in the exhibition.

The Irwin District Historical Society have another museum located at Russ...
The building is the first permanent Courthouse in the Eastern Goldfields. It is part of the block of government buildings which is comprised of the Courthouse, Mining Registrar Offices and residences, Post Office and Residences. Construction commenced in 1892. The foundations are of local stone cemented together with mud. The walls are of locally made mud bricks.
Located in the grounds of the Old Timers Village the Museum is half way between Alice Springs CBD and the airport. Old Timers began in the early 1950's as part of Rev Dr John Flynn's dream of, "a mantle of safety" for people of the inland, a place where they could retire in comfort and receive medical attention. Today it consists of nursing home, hostel, independent living units, day therapy centre and Museum.

It was the dream of another man in the 1960's that saw the Museum created. Then manager of Old Timers, John Blakeman, concerned that the history of Central Australia was disappearing...

Pages