Models

Stage two of Qantas Founders Outback Museum was opened on 31 March 2002, as part of the Queensland Heritage Trails Network project. The new building resembles an aircraft hanger and houses the state-of-the-art museum, a café, shop and resource centre. Interactive multimedia, working displays and historical artefacts tell the history of QANTAS, giving visitors insight into the challenges overcome by the fledgling airline, the impact the new airline had on outback life and an appreciation for the people who expanded the business from the airline's first plane, an open cockpit Avro 504K, to the...
The Museum was formed to preserve the regions maritime and local history. The museum's aim is to provide an education centre for school children to learn about our local history, and also for visiting tourists.1 500 photographs, 900 books, plus estimated 2000 items (displayed)
The museum building was formerly a Scared Heart Convent of the Sisters of Mercy; two story timber 15mts x 25mts, internal walls are stained with tongue and groove crow's ash (1946). Yarraman Railway Station (1913) and Arthur Brown's butcher shop (c.1920). The grounds contain a scrub/rainforest area, farm machinery, plant shade house, water wise garden and unique water tank system from convent days. The total area is 1.2 hectares.The collection started in October 1997. Yarraman Heritage Centre has a wide range of community involvement, manly because of the necessity to attract large fundings...
Eight separate buildings: The historic pioneer house, the one teacher school, the blacksmith shop, the Government Shed are equipped. Sheds house the farm machinery, stationary engines and fir engine, while a separate museum centre contains a library, photographic and interpretive displays, taped histories and various documents relating to social history. All in bushland setting.Kimba's local history museum includes pioneer domestic and farming items, stationary engines, harness vehicles and equipment, vintage trucks and tractors, a water conservation model, schooling and communication...
Local history of the district from 1880. Special sections on agriculture, entertainment, sports, marine, schools, churches, transport, household items, photographs, maps and books. The museum if also responsible for the care of Stokes Methodist Church and Pioneer Women's Memorial. Caretakers of the Provis Memorial Park. Markers at the sites of early schools and other places of historical interest. Listing of the heritage listed buildings in the area.900 items, 450 photographs. Memorabilia of local - transport, churches, schools, shipping, shops, early settlers, agriculture, entertainment,...
A local and social history museum depicting the heritage of Wallaroo. Main themes: copper mining and smelting period (1861-1923) History of the port of Wallaroo since 1861. General local history - sport, entertainment, industry, civic affairs and religion. Located in the first post office building 1865-1910. Has been Museum building since 1975.Over 3,000 exhibits depict the Industrial, Mining, Smelting, Maritime and Social History of the port of Wallaroo. The Museum is also home to the former Tipara Reef Lighthouse (1877-1996) Re-located to the Museum in 2001.
The home was built for William Moyle, a Cornwall engineer who operated the adjacent cordial factory and public baths. It is made of local stone with ironwork and illustrates turn of the century well-to-do living. The house is heritage listed and displays a wide range of collections, including period costumes, stained glass, furniture, household appliances, and a doll display. A brochure is available which provides fuller details.Thousands of artefacts including 1,000 pair of salt and pepper shakers, 2,500 dolls, 600 teddy bears
The Whyalla Maritime Museum consists of the former HMAS Whyalla, museum building and garden. The museum presents the usual history of the four World War Two corvettes built in Whyalla, BHP shipbuilding industry, natural history and maritime heritage of the upper Spencer Gulf.Maritime and naval history, WWII memorabilia, industrial history and marine biology. Around 2,000 objects. 650 tonne WWII warship, 13 tonne fishing vessel, AA Bofor gun and shark cage.
The Performing Arts collection has a breathtaking, exciting gallimaufry of artefacts representing the rich heritage of the performing arts in this State. The Collection holds over 80,000 acquisitions including programs, posters, photographs, properties, puppets, masks, video tapes, scrapbooks, design models, costumes and much more. It is the result of many generous donations of memorabilia.Approximately 80,000 items
Nestling in the heart of historic Port Adelaide, the South Australian Maritime Museum is an imaginative, contemporary museum spread over three sites. The Museum's main gallery is the 1850s Bond Store which houses three floors of interactive exhibitions bringing to life the maritime history of South Australia. A short walk from the main gallery is the 1869 lighthouse and the Museum's three floating vessels: the steam tug Yelta, the ketch Nelcebee, and the police launch Archie Badenoch.
The South Australian Maritime Museum is a Museum of the History Trust of South Australia.Estimated 20,000...
The contents of the Museum reflect the life of Kapunda through home, work, sport and farming. The Museum covers some 11,000 square feet depicting all aspects of lifestyles and working life in Kapunda. There are important collections relating to copper mining, manufacture of farm implements, the Hawke Foundry and social life. The Kapunda Museum is managed by the Kapunda Historical Society Inc. See separate Guide listing for their other venue, Bagot's Fortune.20,000 items
The focal point is the original Chaffey homestead built in 1889, using a unique pine log method of construction. The house has been tastefully furnished and decorated with period artefacts. In addition the original fruit packing shed houses a great collection of old style tools and implements as used in the early days of what was the first irrigation settlement in Australia. A comprehensive museum of local memorabilia including aboriginal artefacts is also maintained.Inside the house, fruit packing shed and separate museum, is a large collection of local items with many photographs that give...
The Gumeracha and District History Centre is situated in the Library Complex, Albert Street Gumeracha. Comprising of the whole of the Torrens Valley Ward of the Adelaide Hills Council (formerly Gumeracha Council). Including the townships of Houghton, Inglewood, Hermitage, Cudlee Creek, Chain of Ponds, Millbrook, Kersbrook, Gumeracha, Kenton Valley, Forreston, Birdwood and Mt. Torrens.
The museum's focus is on railway siganlling & safe working, telegraphic communications, aviation communications & navigation, and aviation pioneers, particularly of South Australia. Our state's Air Force heritage is honoured with special displays of model aircraft, uniforms, photographs and memorabilia. Emphasis is placed on working displays throughout the museum. There are extensive library resources.One building with courtyard displays. Railway signal equipment, aviation electronics equipment, aviation pioneers display, photographs, memorabilia. Home of the Civil Aviation Historical Society...
The museum is a National Trust property. It is located on the remains of the Bon Accord Mine site and incorporates the original mine office and workshop (c1859) The Bon Accord Mine commenced operations in 1846 and ceased in 1863. There were many years of inactivity during this period as no payable copper deposits were found. The display in the mine office includes boards with comprehensive information, photographs, mining relics, ore samples and the office pay table from the Monster (Burra Burra) Mine. There are two models featured in the museum - one of a Horsewhim, the other of "Monster...
The museum is located in the repaired ruins of large ornate brick engine houses, built in 1905 for the Beaconsfield "Tasmania" gold mine. This 950sqm space is augmented by a 540sqm new building, outside space and a near-by park depicting the flowery gully school and a miner's cottage. A viewing platform overlooks the surface operational area of the Beaconsfield Mine Joint Venture. Average viewing time for the museum is 1 hour.2,000 items. Relics of Tasmania's largest gold mine 1878-1914, which produced 26 tonnes of gold. Adjacent to a large new mine about to produce gold from the old reef in...
Pearn's Steam Museum is a volunteer group dedicated to the restoration and preservation of early agricultural heritage.The collection includes Foden, Birdsall, Fowler, Buffalo Pitts, Avelinga, Porter and Eclipse steam traction engines. Railway memorabilia, stationary engines, associated farm and household tools, implements, tractors, fairground organ, miniature train travel on a 500m loop of the complex.
Alpenrail is a display of about 200 square metres, featuring the the scenery of the Bernese Alps. Alpine villages, rivers, lakes among the forests, the railways and culture, are all presented with a background of lively Swiss music. Most of the locomotives, bridges and buildings are hand made by the owners. The Village is suitable for all ages. It is under cover and hands-on displays are available.Small number of old toy trains.
Australia's oldest existing colonial gaol in original preservation offers the only surviving example of female solitary confinement cells in Tasmania and an extensive collection of convict relics. It includes men's solitary confinement cells, chain gang holding rooms, a flogging yard, privy, female cells and gaoler's house. Displayed documents describe the gaol's use until it was closed in 1928, highlighting the exploits of its most colourful prisoners (eg Martin Cash, Ikey Solomon).approximately 100 convict relics, plus documents
The Pilot Station was est. in 1805, the oldest building on site was convict built in 1835 of blue stone rubble walls and convict handmade brick interior, this accommodated 4 pilots and their families and now houses the Maritime Museum, research centre & archives and the Sir Raymond Ferrall Gallery. The other dwellings house visitor accommodation and the Pilot Station crew.Maritime & communication memorabilia, diving suit & air pump, 9 lb cannon, whaling artifacts, items recovered from shipwrecks, signal flags, signal lanterns oil and electric, rope and knot display convict artefacts, depth...

Pages