Religion

Built C1852 as part of Convict Hiring Depot, later extended for use by Resident Magistrate. Taken over in 1902 by the State Health Department and included in the hospital complex until 1963. Vacant until 1969 when restored by the York Society for establishment of the museum.The development of York from 1831, including surrounding area. Reflects changes in York society and lifestyle since settlement. Large photographic collection.
Housed in an old building that has been extended. We have a small Museum which embraces a costume collection of c 2,000 pieces, an art collection of c 200 pieces, a huge photograph collection and a library. All of these are focused on Western Australian history and are run and maintained by volunteers of various trained expertise.Historic costumes and all related account remain including sewing machines, irons act. Photographs. Paintings and drawings.
Very early suburban development in Perth, Western Australia with interesting variety of architecture in the area, colourful history, strong local community awareness.
Building - 1923 heritage building, originally an electrical sub-station. Became the Subiaco Museum in 1975, with five gallery spaces.The scope is limited to the geographical area of the city of Subiaco, taking in the suburbs of Subiaco, Shenton Park, Jolimont and Daglish. However the scope is wide in terms of time and in its coverage of all aspects of local cultural history. Social change eg The "Gentrification"...
The local history museum collects, documents, preserves and promotes those records and artefacts relating to the cultural and natural heritage of the city of Melville.3,500 items (2000 photographs)
The Museum is housed in the Old Police Station, Prison and Courthouse complex. The building was erected in 1870, with extensions being completed in 1873. The original building comprised a court room, police station, cell block and living quarters, and was built from locally-quarried limestone; the walls are some 450mm thick, constructed in the coarse random rubble style. The roof, which was originally wooden shingle, has been replaced by corrugated iron. A sample of the original shingles is displayed in the exhibition.

The Irwin District Historical Society have another museum...
The J S Battye of West Australian History is part of the State Library of Western Australia. The Battye Library, as it is more commonly known, has prime responsibility for collecting and preserving published and original materials of relevance to Western Australia. It holds the most comprehensive collection of Western Australian documentary heritage materials in the world.The collections of the Battye Library include Private Archives which holds original papers documenting the concerns and activities of Western Australia's private sector; the Pictorial collection containing approximately...
The building is the first permanent Courthouse in the Eastern Goldfields. It is part of the block of government buildings which is comprised of the Courthouse, Mining Registrar Offices and residences, Post Office and Residences. Construction commenced in 1892. The foundations are of local stone cemented together with mud. The walls are of locally made mud bricks.
The first hospital in Alice Springs is now a museum housing memorabilia of Rev. John Flynn D.D. The building is over 70 years old and well preserved with a unique cooling system. The museum has a varied collection ranging from a set of Presbyterian Moderator General's Robes to the first pedal radio built by Alfred Traeger.
The Strehlow Research Centre was built by the Northern Territory Government to safely house the Strehlow Collection which is used as a cultural resource by aboriginal people, academic researchers and interested members of the general public when appropriate and, if necessary, sanctioned by aboriginal elders.The Strehlow Research Centre, established in 1991 under the Strehlow Research Centre Act, serves as a keeping place for cultural material relating to the aboriginal people of central Australia. The collection was accumulated between 1932 and 1978 and reflects both a sacred and open range...

Pages