Bicycles

The Australian War Memorial commemorates the sacrifice of Australian men and women who have served in war, through its ceremonial areas, extensive exhibitions and research facilities. The focus of commemoration is the Hall of Memory, together with the Tomb of the Unknown Australian Soldier, the Pool of Reflection and the Roll of Honour that lists the names of over 102,000 Australians who have died in war.

The Memorial is internationally recognised for its exhibitions, that cover over 12,000 square metres, which present stories of Australia's military history from colonial times to...
The Bicycle Museum is situated within the Canberra Tradesmen's Union Club, which has been developed along the philosophy of a living museum and is characterised by its nostalgic charm and friendly atmosphere. The Museum features over 60 old and unusual bicycles on display at any time. Visitors can relax in the Club and have their photos taken on a Penny-farthing.620 bicycles. We collect maintain store and display items showing the technical and historical development of the cycle over the last 150 years. Bicycles, tricycles, tandems, four seaters, clothing, parts, journals and photos.
The Noel Butlin Archives Centre (Archives of Business and Labour) is a nationally significant collection of primary source material relating to business and labour. The NBAC holds archives of industrial organisations, businesses, professional associations, industry bodies and the labour movement. It makes them available for research and use by the University and the wider community.Scope: National; size: 13km of shelf space; strengths: Trade Union & Labour Archives, Business Archives, National Aids Archives Collection, Organisation Archives
The Wollondilly Heritage Centre is both a Social History Museum of Wollondilly Shire and Burragorang Valley, and Family History Research Centre operated by volunteers from the Oaks Historical Society. The one-acre site includes a furnished timber slab and iron cottage, Bush schoolroom and orcharding exhibit in addition to a diverse program of changing displays and museum shop, and is close to beautiful Burragorang Lookout and scenic drives. Wollondilly Heritage Centre is the winner of The Western Sydney 2003 Tourism Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Heritage and Cultural Tourism.11,800...
Fairfield City Museum and Gallery consists of a museum with a permanent local history exhibition, a historical village, a temporary exhibition gallery and a community access space. The historic village, complete with soundscapes, brings to life Western Sydney from 1900 to the 1930s, with reconstructed and heritage buildings, including a schoolhouse, a slab hut, a weatherboard cottage, a blacksmith's shop, a motor garage, The Biz newspaper printery and Wheatley's Store. The temporary exhibition gallery and community access space host exhibitions representing the diverse cultures of Fairfield...
The front building of the Museum was originally used as a house dating from 1842. It is the only remaining house building in the CBD area of Port Macquarie from that era.
All artefacts on display show development from convict beginnings to early settlement from the 1840s. Displays at the museum include; a 'street of shops' depicting life as it was in the 1800s and a prize-winning costume collection. The museum has been in operation for over 40 years and is the winner of awards for best museum.More than 20,000 items collected over a period of 40 years. Artefacts from all aspects of Port...
The Society was formed in 1963 and since 1968 has opeated a museum in the former School of Arts building, which is heritage-listed. The purpose of the Museum is the collecting, preserving and interpreting of local heritage for everyone. The Society aims to promote local history, including family history and the Museum collection, to the local community and the general public.Dungog Museum has a wide range of items representing local and family history. The collection reflects the area's rural history, including dairying and the timber industry, and local manufacturing including items from...
The building is known as the "Sergeants Residence" and was constructed in about 1871. It adjoins the police complex. The museum contains many aspects of the social life of this area; including an early bedroom, an early dining room, an early kitchen, two rooms depicting aspects of early life in this area, part of the early courthouse, a chemist shop, a hospital room, a blacksmiths shop and an agricultural machinery exhibit.An historical collection of Queanbeyan and district, ranging back well into the 1800's. This collection is strictly applicable to Queanbeyan and district.
Inverell Transport Museum was formed to display Veteran, Classic and Antique vehicles for the locals and visitor to our district. Inverell is classed a one of the go ahead antique car clubs of the state. A virtually new building of 3800suare metres of concrete construction was available from the Shire Council. Help was freely given by the local council, the Business Enterprise Centre, and local service clubs. An area of 3ha is available for our annual car show. Groups of car enthusiasts from Queensland, NSW and Victoria are making use of the museum for their tours with teas and meals...
The Powerhouse Museum Research Library collection, services and staff expertise provide a rich research resource for museum staff, library visitors and colleagues in the cultural sector. The Research Library collection dates from the establishment of the museum in 1880. The collection is diverse and reflects the changing research requirements from the past and anticipates future research needs. The library collects to support exhibition development, publication production, education programmes, museology and corporate information needs.The research Library collection reflects the interests...
The Winton and District Historical Society have operated the Qantilda Museum since 1972. The members of the society are volunteers who donate their time to help educate people about the pioneers who built the outback. During the 28 year existence of the historical society a huge collection of outback memorabilia and artworks have been accumulated, documented and set out in such a way as to educate people on the livelihood of the aboriginal inhabitants and, the livelihood of the districts settlers and their descendants. A reading room, which is frequently updated, provides an immense...
A well presented display of the history of Bundaberg and district and its people. Sectionalised into agriculture, industry, commerce, home life, recreation and hobbies. Situated in a Botanic garden complex with a kiosk and other Museums nearby.Estimated 20,000 plus items and photographs. Articles related to everyday living of people of Bundaberg and District; Aboriginal and Islanders artefacts, shells, stuffed birds, files of written information, newspaper cuttings, communication and photographic history.
Our Chinchilla Museum has restored Pioneer cottage - fully furnished. Prickly Pear story from devastation to eradication. Traction steam engines, vintage motor vehicles, horse drawn vehicles, original Chinchilla state school, fully furnished - Two halls containing collection of Memorabilia of yesteryear: fully restored dairy and cream shed.Over 5,000 items on display, including farm machinery, horse drawn vehicles, well appointed library housing history of Chinchilla and its pioneers. First Chinchilla school (1883) on grounds containing early school memorabilia.
The Museum records the social history of South East Queensland since European settlement. Cleveland was one of the earliest settled areas and for a hundred years was a thriving farming community specialising in fruit and vegetables for the Brisbane area. The Museum presents a range of topics across a total display space of over 1300m2. Travelling exhibitions, community displays and in-house short term exhibitions frequent the temporary space of 74m2.Horse drawn vehicles, farming machinery, textiles and costumes, household equipment, maritime history, WWI & II memorabilia, medical and...
Housed in the relocated old Tolga Railway Station, the Tolga Historical Society have a collection of photographs depicting life during World War II, when Tolga was a major base for troops and for an ambulance train, as well as photos of the activities of the local saw mills which have now ceased operations. Other photos depict local maize farming activities and the building of the nearby maize silos. New showcases have recently been constructed to hold the exhibits. Railway apparatus from the original station is still intact.
The Investigator Science and Technology Centre is South Australia's own interactive Science and Technology Centre. The spirit of The Investigator is learning about science and technology through exciting interactive exhibitions and amazing science shows. The Investigator also has a Soundhouse, where music is composed, recorded and performed using headphones, piano keyboards and computers. Additionally The Investigator runs a metro and regional travelling exhibit and science show program called Outreach. Exhibitions change regularly and in 2000 themes vary from Sports, and aliens' perspectives...
A local and social history museum depicting the heritage of Wallaroo. Main themes: copper mining and smelting period (1861-1923) History of the port of Wallaroo since 1861. General local history - sport, entertainment, industry, civic affairs and religion. Located in the first post office building 1865-1910. Has been Museum building since 1975.Over 3,000 exhibits depict the Industrial, Mining, Smelting, Maritime and Social History of the port of Wallaroo. The Museum is also home to the former Tipara Reef Lighthouse (1877-1996) Re-located to the Museum in 2001.
The Streaky Bay Museum is housed in the old school. It includes the family history of the Campbell family (1864), the Kelsh family (1860) Kelsh pioneer pug and pine cottage, the Freeman family (1856) and Mudge family 1855, as well as machinery dating back to the 1880s.A large collection of great variey. Furniture, household items, farm machinery, historic buildings, horse drawn vehicles, vintage cars and medical artefacts and instruments.. The collection is a source of local history of people and their way of life through the years.
Our Museum covers an undercover area of 2,500 sq metres. It contains an extensive collection of tractors, stationary engines, steam engines plus collections of bottles, tractor seats, magnetos and other early farm memorabilia. Each year we hold a Rally on the last Sunday in March (or the first Sunday in April - to avoid the Easter weekend) when the machines are started and displayed outside.Our collection contains steam engines, vintage and veteran tractors, stationary engines and historic farming equipment.
A magnificent Northern French Romanesque building. Built in 1866 as the Baptist Church with two floors. This is complimented by an extensive undercover display area for the agricultural, industrial and transport history of Kapunda. Bagot's Fortune is managed by the Kapunda Historical Society Inc. See separate Guide listing for their other venue, the Kapunda Museum.Extensive collection of the social, commercial, industrial and agricultural history of Kapunda.

Pages