Motor Vehicles

The Australian War Memorial commemorates the sacrifice of Australian men and women who have served in war, through its ceremonial areas, extensive exhibitions and research facilities. The focus of commemoration is the Hall of Memory, together with the Tomb of the Unknown Australian Soldier, the Pool of Reflection and the Roll of Honour that lists the names of over 102,000 Australians who have died in war.

The Memorial is internationally recognised for its exhibitions, that cover over 12,000 square metres, which present stories of Australia's military history from colonial times to...
The largest collection of vintage, veteran, classic and interesting motorcycles open to the public in Australia.Over 170 motorcycles and memorabilia
The Noel Butlin Archives Centre (Archives of Business and Labour) is a nationally significant collection of primary source material relating to business and labour. The NBAC holds archives of industrial organisations, businesses, professional associations, industry bodies and the labour movement. It makes them available for research and use by the University and the wider community.Scope: National; size: 13km of shelf space; strengths: Trade Union & Labour Archives, Business Archives, National Aids Archives Collection, Organisation Archives
The building is purpose built as a museum and workshop and sits several acres of gardens. Binalong is a small unspoiled village one hour from Canberra and three hours from Sydney. There is ample car parking at the Museum and facilities for barbecue and picnics. The Museum comprises model steam engines and locomotives and these are usually cars being restored as rebuilt in the workshop. These are sectioned engines showing how motor vehicles engines work.Vintage and classic vehicles. Working workshop as part of museum. European vehicles primarily.
The Powerhouse Museum is located in the Darling Harbour precinct which attracts over eight million visitors a year and was of primary focus in both the 2000 millennium celebrations and the Sydney 2000 Olympic games. The Powerhouse museum opened in 1988 and is positioned as a dynamic, innovative and enjoyable museum which promotes awareness and understanding of the past, present and future of Australian society.

The Powerhouse achieves this through research, scholarship and the acquisition, conservation and presentation of material in the fields of science, technology, industry,...
The Colonial Inn Museum is located in the old West End Hotel built in 1856, and licensed as a hotel until 1923. It is a two storey building featuring wrought iron lace and pillars manufactured in a Mudgee iron foundry. Some displays have been developed around the building's early usage (eg the bar, parlour, kitchen and a bedroom). There is also an extensive display of farm machinery and horsedrawn vehicles, and general displays of items from Mudgee's past. Family history research is also available.8,000 items
The cells of the former gaol are set up as a folk museum. Exhibits include clothing, telecommunications equipment, kitchen items, hospital equipment, Aboriginal artefacts, bottles and jars, musical instruments, guns and pistols, general artefacts, tools and implements and larger items.Over 3000 items and 7000 photographs
The collection of this folk museum is 95 percent local and visitors enjoy its hands on approach. Of special interest is a 110 year old church, the old boarding house, a converted movie prop and a range of working machines. Includes military museum, blacksmith shop, tack room, rock and mineral display room, large shed containing machinery and workshop, said by visitors to be one of the best and biggest of its type in the countryApproximately 20,000 items. Anything and everything related to history of Nambucca Valley. Includes the Nambucca District Combined Services Museum Inc. (military...
Established in 1872, this is the oldest operating foundry in Australia. It is famous for its production of iron lace, ornamental and other castings. It also has an extensive collection of cedar patterns and early blacksmiths' and founders' tools. The entire foundry is in original working condition and is a fascinating industrial relic.Industrial Design, metalwork, woodwork, archaeology and antiquities, archives, cultural heritage, domestic items and technology, education and schools, images, local history, professions and trades, rural life, social history, engineering, horse-drawn...
Restored as a bicentennial project, the two-storey sandstone building which houses this museum was formerly a house and shop. Dating from the 1840's it is one of the oldest stone buildings in Muswellbrook, and it's displays include antiques, artefacts and items of local and historical interest.Over 1,000 photographs; over 1,000 items
The Dubbo Military Museum is a private collection of artefacts from the World War II era. It's collection includes planes, tanks, guns, vehicles, uniforms and documents.50 major exhibits
Built in 1895, this two-storey former hotel opened as a museum in 1971. There are 22 rooms housing turn of the century fashions, furnishing and artefacts. Features include a kitchen; laundry; slab school house and historic machinery displayed in the grounds.600 varied items; 1 ha. machinery items
Historical papers, photos and memorabilia on the building of Sydney Harbour Bridge are on display at the bridge. The exhibition includes video material of the bridge being built and harbour tunnel footage.50 items; 100 photographs

The museum exhibits relate to the town of Murrurundi and the surrounding district. In addition to the exhibits, files are made up of many aspects of the lifestyle and achievements of those who have lived there since 1840 when the town of Murrurundi was first laid out. The twin town of Haydonton was laid out in 1841-42 by Thomas Haydon and was a private town. Files of many families are featured. The Fishburn Room contains a splendid model of HMS Endeavour which was built by Thomas Fishburn and acquired by Captain Cook who refitted it before sailing in it on his voyage of discovery.1500...

The policy of the museum is to collect items relating to Paterson and the district - The collection is housed in the former Paterson Court House (1858-63) Fully restored externally and set in well maintained grounds. We extend country hospitality which complements the well accredited museum.The history of Paterson and District covering indigenous, white settlement, convict times to district development to present day in a relaxing well presented atmosphere.
Since its opening in 1968, the Gundagai Museum has displayed a wealth of historical memorabilia depicting a life that was both hard and gracious. Special exhibits include Phar Lap's saddlecloth, the shirt worn by Banjo Patterson's Kiley of Kileys Run and the assayer's bowl used by US President Herbert Hoover. The museum also features displays on bushrangers; Melba XV; the famous Gundagai cow; and Aboriginal hero Yarri. Other items in its collection include scaled models of early buildings and historical photographs and documents.Approximately 10,000 items of historical memorabilia
The Yanco Powerhouse was built in c1913 to supply power to the Murrumbidgee irrigation area. The building was extended in 1937 and decommissioned in 1957 when electricity from the Snowy Mountains Scheme became available. An all concrete construction, the Power House is five stories high with a large chimney stack. Since restoration work the building has been used as a museum displaying mostly farm machinery and items of local history. A flat is available for rent and the museum has a sixty seat theatrette. Work has commenced on a photo gallery which will display a wide range of images...
The museum is devoted to the preservation of all manner of items from the railways of New South Wales, including the Dorrigo Branch line. There are currently 57 locomotives, 300 carriages and wagons and thousands of small exhibits. Work continues on preparing the site for the display of trains and carriages. While no date has been determined for the official opening there are plans to have open days when the public will have the opportunity to view the exhibits. Totally volunteer organisation with 700 members, membership details available on request.The largest preserved railway...
The museum collects, preserves, interprets and exhibits motor sport history in Australia. Its collection consists of motor racing memorabilia dating from the 1900s, including objects associated with the living history being made on the international race circuit Mount Panorama every year. Photographs, paintings, race winning vehicles (motor cars and motorcycles), race programs, books, film, audio visual and posters of past and present are featured in the museum's displays. To become the National Motor Racing Museum, building program to expand during 1998.30 vehicles (cars/cycles). The...
The NSW Lancers Memorial Museum commemorates the history of the NSW Lancers, Australian Light Horse, Cavalry and the Armoured Corps. Situated in 19th Century Lancer Barracks, the Museum has a large collection of cavalry and armoured corps memorabilia including a well maintained collection of armoured vehicles. The Museum contains New South Wales Cavalry and Light Horse memorabilia as well as memorabilia, photographic equipment and vehicles from the Royal Australian Armoured Corp.The collection has many strengths. It includes uniforms, saddlery, banners, drums, photos, models and armoured...

Pages