Photography

Housed in Osborne Hall, 1878, originally entertainment centre with Osborne Hotel. Great variety of items pertaining to life in Forbes from early days, household settings, clothing, gold mining collection, splendid and extensive photographic collection, Paul Wenz corner, Ben Hall (Bush Ranger) unique memorabilia, aboriginal display, outside area has examples of agricultural and shearing items, farming vehicle and many more treasures of the way of life in earlier Forbes and District.Approximately 20 000 plus items
The Society was formed in 1963 and since 1968 has opeated a museum in the former School of Arts building, which is heritage-listed. The purpose of the Museum is the collecting, preserving and interpreting of local heritage for everyone. The Society aims to promote local history, including family history and the Museum collection, to the local community and the general public.Dungog Museum has a wide range of items representing local and family history. The collection reflects the area's rural history, including dairying and the timber industry, and local manufacturing including items from...
Located in the heart of Paddington on the 'cultural' walk. Newly constructed galleries, recently renovated dark room facilities. Regular exhibition program. 5 and 10 week workshops, courses from camera craft to digital imaging.Temporary exhibitions and outsourced work
The Illawarra Museum collection is held in the first purpose-built Post and Telegraph Museum in Wollongong (1882-1892). The Museum operates on a voluntary basis. The objects collected and displayed relate to Illawarra's past with particular emphasis on the years at the close of the 19th Century. The Society has a collection of over 9,000 photographs in custody of Wollongong City Library and has also published many books on local history. The collection presents a picture of pioneer life including settlement, education, agriculture, mining, transport and trade. The entrance room features a...
The building is known as the "Sergeants Residence" and was constructed in about 1871. It adjoins the police complex. The museum contains many aspects of the social life of this area; including an early bedroom, an early dining room, an early kitchen, two rooms depicting aspects of early life in this area, part of the early courthouse, a chemist shop, a hospital room, a blacksmiths shop and an agricultural machinery exhibit.An historical collection of Queanbeyan and district, ranging back well into the 1800's. This collection is strictly applicable to Queanbeyan and district.
Historical Cottage built in 1887. Corrugated iron and log sheds (shearing Shed Style). Extensive collections maintained, restored, conserved by volunteers. Special exhibitions arranged in line with community events such as a wool display for prime stock day and a "1901" theme for the centenary of federation.Local rural community archival religions and phonographs. Historical cottage with turn of the century display. i.e. Kitchen with old fuel stove, meat safes, butter churning, china, lace, linen, silver teapots. Antique farming machinery, office equipment, sulkies harness etc.
Buildings include; the old lockup and residence (1870) which houses the museum; and the Sergeant's Residence which is the research centre. Next door is the old Court House (pre 1900). The society researches and publishes historical material relevant to Scone and district, creates special exhibitions (Australia Day, Horse Festival) and collects material relevant to the district.Estimated 20,000 objects plus records and photographs.
The Museum building was constructed in 1909. It was opened in 1910 as the Gloucester Shire Council Chambers. The Council occupied the building until 1959. It then became a private residence until 1984 when the Gloucester District Historical Society Inc. purchased it. The building is listed in the Register of the National Trust of Australia (NSW).The Society collects and displays objects from the Gloucester District. Objects are, Australian domestic items, textiles, toys, military memorabilia, geological specimens, tools and photographs of activities, events and scenes of the Gloucester
...
The Museum building dates back to C1871 when James Campbell Duff built a general store. The building is the oldest commercial premises in Wingham.Local History as seen in photos, farm equipment, hospital equipment, home life, education, good living, music and wartime. Also a collection of Local and Family History Archives.
Tarella Historic Cottage is in its original condition. In 1879 John McLaughlin was granted 50 acres in the Blue Mountains in recognition of his service in the NSW Volunteer Force. The grant is on Cox's Road at the site of 'Hobby's Reach', the stretch of road constructed by LT. Hobby in Cox's absence. In C.1886 John McLaughlin built Tarella as a holiday home for his family, and it was in the family's ownership until 1988 when the last remaining daughter Beryl (there being no issue) bequeathed the cottage, the contents and the remaining three acres to the Blue Mountains Historical Society. A...
The work of Brett Whiteley, including; paintings, drawings, sculptures, photography and mixed media.
The museum building is important due to its age and place in Albury's history. There is an active program of events, talks, and school holiday programs. The museum also collaborates with the local Charles Sturt University and other knowledge based institutions and historical societies. Plans for a purpose-built museum in the city centre as part of a cultural precinct are underway.A varied collection from thimbles to Sunshine harvesters. Approximately 18,000 objects. Two significant collections are the Bonegilla Collection and the McPherson photographic collection.
The museum is currently housed in the former Young Public School, built in 1883. Originally opened in the town library in 1967 by the Young Historical Society, formed in 1958, the museum later moved to larger premises in the old Presbyterian Church building that was unfortunately destroyed to make way for a restaurant. The museum then moved to the Young Public School.Collection items total tens of thousands and have various points of interest. Displays include a collection of fashion items dating from 1854, war memorabilia and items from the Old Young Gaol. Also, a number of trades and...
The Museum of the Riverina has two impressive sites. The first is situated in the former Historic Council Chambers, built in 1881, and converted in 1998 to function as a museum facility. This site is used as a meeting venue - in the former chamber - and as a venue for hosting a regular program of travelling exhibitions.

The second site, adjacent to the Botanic Gardens, was formerly run by the Wagga Wagga & District Historical Society, and opened in 1965. The site was renovated and reopened in September 2001 and contains internal exhibitions and a number of outbuildings. The...
Collection of photographs of early fishing, timber and shipping industries in the area. Files of early pioneer families and local history. Early timber-working tools and domestic artefacts.1910 Heritage listed post office building; artefacts pertaining to the area. Emphasis on collecting old photographs and local history research
The Blue Mountains Historical Society's premises are on the site of a 50 acre grant of land to John McLaughlin, a Sydney solicitor and member of the Legislative Council in 1879. This historic cottage, "Tarella", which was built by him in 1890, is the oldest cottage on the northern side of Wentworth Falls. The cottage rooms are set up in the period of the early 1900s with many items belonging to the McLaughlin family, who were the sole owners prior to the BMHS ownership in 1988.

The modern premises consist of the Research Centre, which holds over 10,000 local records of...
The museum complex consists of four historical buildings: the old Court House, the R.S.L. Hall, Boyd's (fishing) Shed and the Deck House of the drogher 'Terranora'. The museum's collection is housed in the Soldiers Memorial Hall and contains an interesting array of maritime artifacts and photographs.

The old Court House contains the Resource Centre which has a rapidly growing collection of historical material available to the public. The Court House also contains the Photographic Gallery which has an impressive array of old prints of the Tweed and Twin Towns area.The museum's...
Nine buildings housing items of historical interest to Walcha and the surrounding district. There is the Museum, Original Pioneer Cottage, Wool Museum, Tiger Moth Aeroplane Hangar. Walcha is situated on the Southern New England Tablelands and was discovered in 1818 and settled from 1832 - 1839. The local history centre houses an extensive collection of maps, books, ledgers, photographs and memorabilia about Walcha and the surrounding districts.Local community archival records and photographs, clothing collection, small Aboriginal artefact collection and Dendroglyph plus pioneer and...
The Museum was the old Muttaburra Hospital. Half of the Museum is a medical museum (as it was); the other half focuses on the local area, displaying the history of Muttaburra and places of interest.Approximately 1200 items and approximately 200 photographs
An early-this-century Central Queensland railway station containing railway station working equipment relevant to the steam train era and historic photos of local railway establishment around 1890-1900 era.Approximately 100-150 items and historic photographs

Pages