Photography

The Society maintains a sandstone cottage, built c.1870, which features furniture and household items representing more than 130 years of family life in the district. Collections of photographs, historical items, farming equipment, vehicles and machinery are displayed. Several buildings have been relocated on the site, including a church, slab hut, overseers cottage and an emporium building. A printing display includes presses and associated items from the Warwick Daily News.15,000 items
The Museum has a large collection of photographs covering pioneer families, Aborigines, ex-servicemen from World Wars I and II, and modern photographs - all tracing Theodore's development. The displays include the history of early station families, arts and crafts, a pioneer kitchen and bedroom, Aboriginal artefacts, town plans and farm machinery.

Housed in our building are Historical records, photographs and memorabilia of our town and district from early settlement until present day.Photographs, WWII memorabilia, local community historical records, hand sewn articles from 1890 era, local art, local hospital memorabilia. Sporting achievements, telephone exchange and old telephones, plus more.

The Taroom and District Historical Society has acquired various buildings including the old Church of St. Mary's (built 1893) which is now the main museum building, a blacksmith shop, boat house, hospital room, Reynolds Cottage and Jongh Tai Shue's shop. The buildings house a collection of old machinery used in the Taroom area, furniture, household items, tools, photographs and other artefacts. The museum organises the annual Leichhardt Festival in the museum grounds, between August and September.The collection illustrates elements of the social history of Taroom District and including life...
The Village features original 19th Century buildings and a War Museum with a collection of memorabilia. The Shell House contains one of the largest privately owned collections of shells in Australia. The Village was established to collect and preserve memorabilia, photographs, narratives and recollections of residents of the area.
A well presented display of the history of Bundaberg and district and its people. Sectionalised into agriculture, industry, commerce, home life, recreation and hobbies. Situated in a Botanic garden complex with a kiosk and other Museums nearby.Estimated 20,000 plus items and photographs. Articles related to everyday living of people of Bundaberg and District; Aboriginal and Islanders artefacts, shells, stuffed birds, files of written information, newspaper cuttings, communication and photographic history.
Our Chinchilla Museum has restored Pioneer cottage - fully furnished. Prickly Pear story from devastation to eradication. Traction steam engines, vintage motor vehicles, horse drawn vehicles, original Chinchilla state school, fully furnished - Two halls containing collection of Memorabilia of yesteryear: fully restored dairy and cream shed.Over 5,000 items on display, including farm machinery, horse drawn vehicles, well appointed library housing history of Chinchilla and its pioneers. First Chinchilla school (1883) on grounds containing early school memorabilia.
Fassifern District Historical Society oversees Templin Historical Village which consists of a country church, a store, house/office, school, dairy, slab hut and other museum buildings grouped around a central green to recreate a village atmosphere. The museum also has a collection of historical items and photographs.Estimated 10,000 items plus 5,000 photos
Exhibits at the Chillagoe Historical Centre include a pictorial history of local smelting operations (1901-1943), large mineral samples and a detailed bottle collection, a butterfly collection, old coins and notes, old mining machinery, an entrance area paved with local marble, projectors from a local theatre, local pioneering family histories, Aboriginal and New Guinea artefacts, and old dentist's chair and cameras.Estimated 1,000 items
The Morven Historical Museum is housed in three buildings. A slab hut is used for machinery and hardware and such larger articles as an old manual wool press and stores a miscellaneous collection of old books and photographs, and local artefacts. The second building features a unique collection of finally crafted miniature buildings that were to be found in Morven in the early 1900's. Displayed in the third building is the Davey Packman working steam engine. These buildings are typical of many early Australian settlements and together depict the social history of Morven in this bygone era....
The Redcliffe Museum tells the fascinating story of the history and community od Redcliffe. Redcliffe, a beautiful peninsula located on the northern end of Moreton Bay, was the site of first white settlement in Queensland with settlers and convicts landing in 1824. Through multi-media and object based exhibitions, visitors are able to learn not only about the Peninsula's past, but also about the character of Redcliffe as it is today.The collection ranges from domestic and farming technology, to business equipment and war memorabilia. A photographic collection is augmented by an excellent...
The Museum records the social history of South East Queensland since European settlement. Cleveland was one of the earliest settled areas and for a hundred years was a thriving farming community specialising in fruit and vegetables for the Brisbane area. The Museum presents a range of topics across a total display space of over 1300m2. Travelling exhibitions, community displays and in-house short term exhibitions frequent the temporary space of 74m2.Horse drawn vehicles, farming machinery, textiles and costumes, household equipment, maritime history, WWI & II memorabilia, medical and...
Innisfail museum is housed in the old School of Arts building and occupies two rooms. The collection relates to local history and contains items from all facets of life from the early settlement of Geraldton (name later changed to Innisfail after confusion with Geraldton in Western Australia). Items include personal possessions; rural, recreational, medical, biological, Aboriginal and Chinese artefacts; and a number of early photographs showing cyclone and flood damage, local industries and life in a tropical town.Approximately 2,500 objects and 1,500 photographs
Apothecary Thomas Gaydon arrived in Childers, Queensland in 1894. He established Gaydon's Pharmacy (1894-1982) and became the town chemist, dentist, optician, veterinarian, anaesthetist and photographer. Gaydon's building is now the home of the Childer's Pharmaceutical Museum and still contains the beautiful cedar fittings, ground glass bottles with gold leaf lettering, leather bound prescription books, Wedgwood mortar and pestles, early pill making machines and old medicine labels. The original cash register (1906) still sits on the red cedar counter. This collection spans one hundred...
The Museum was established in a Pioneer house by the owner, Ms Olive Wieland, as a children's project in 1990. A Morning Star Chapel was begun for children 12 years ago. The Museum complements the Chapel, which is in the front room of the house. It contains an antique organ, table and chair and pews. The Museum includes a range of shells, pictures, wood specimens, household items and many items used on farms from the 1920s and earlier.Original farm implements, Horse drawn plow and other horse drawn farming equipment.
Housed in the relocated old Tolga Railway Station, the Tolga Historical Society have a collection of photographs depicting life during World War II, when Tolga was a major base for troops and for an ambulance train, as well as photos of the activities of the local saw mills which have now ceased operations. Other photos depict local maize farming activities and the building of the nearby maize silos. New showcases have recently been constructed to hold the exhibits. Railway apparatus from the original station is still intact.
Located in the main street adjacent to closed ANZ Bank, Café and B&B, the museum is housed in five buildings which contain a varied collection of items and memorabilia depicting life and activities from the surrounding shire area. The main building contains a reconstructed general store and barber shop, and rooms have been outfitted with furniture depicting a parlour and bedroom from the 1920s. A slab shed, built with materials from local properties, holds mining and agricultural equipment. Many exhibits depict rural life from earlier times, including examples of fencing, a horse works...
This five room former station Mistress's residence houses the collections of the Boyne Valley Historical Society. These collections focus on the timber, gold mining and railway history which was so important to the development of the region. Two rooms of the cottage are reconstructed as a 1930s kitchen and bedroom. The rest of the cottage features display cases, photographs and wall displays on the themes of gold mining, timber and transport.
The Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre recalls those familiar features of the Australian landscape - corrugated iron roofs, water tanks, silos, wool sheds and shady verandahs. The interior features a vaulted ceiling and displays designed to reflect the wide-open spaces, colour and character of the outback landscape they celebrate.

The Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre has now proven itself to be the envisaged tourism destination. Longreach is a pivotal point on the Tropic of Capricorn, linking the Reef in the east with...
The Queensland Museum is an innovative, exciting and accessible museum of science, human achievement and social history, of international standing, reaching out to all Queenslanders. Through excellence in communication, collection, interpretation and research, the Museum displays and publications bring significant times, peoples and places to life.2,250,000 specimens

Pages