Photography

The Museum is in the former Railway Station, built in 1885, and adjacent goods shed; it was opened in 1971 the centenary year of Jamestown and district. Items in the Museum Collection have been donated by the local people & they all recall a past way of life. The display highlights people and events unique to Jamestown local people expect the museum to be the custodians of archival items donated by them, so the collection has changed as we have noticed an increasing interest in local and family history.The Museum has a diverse collection of household items and other things connected to...
The Streaky Bay Museum is housed in the old school. It includes the family history of the Campbell family (1864), the Kelsh family (1860) Kelsh pioneer pug and pine cottage, the Freeman family (1856) and Mudge family 1855, as well as machinery dating back to the 1880s.A large collection of great variey. Furniture, household items, farm machinery, historic buildings, horse drawn vehicles, vintage cars and medical artefacts and instruments.. The collection is a source of local history of people and their way of life through the years.
The very down to earth "lived with", hands-on centre contains many historical papers, photos, articles and a beautiful "Plangon" doll collection. The collections are housed in several rooms with the themes of: tools; the community; ladies; boats; kitchen and dining; school, war and hospital; and dolls.200-300 items, plus 200-300 photographs
This historical building holds a collection of local history items and memorabilia relating to whaling, fishing, agriculture and social history. A blacksmith shop is part of the complex, with the upstairs furnished in 1890s style.
A magnificent Northern French Romanesque building. Built in 1866 as the Baptist Church with two floors. This is complimented by an extensive undercover display area for the agricultural, industrial and transport history of Kapunda. Bagot's Fortune is managed by the Kapunda Historical Society Inc. See separate Guide listing for their other venue, the Kapunda Museum.Extensive collection of the social, commercial, industrial and agricultural history of Kapunda.
The focal point is the original Chaffey homestead built in 1889, using a unique pine log method of construction. The house has been tastefully furnished and decorated with period artefacts. In addition the original fruit packing shed houses a great collection of old style tools and implements as used in the early days of what was the first irrigation settlement in Australia. A comprehensive museum of local memorabilia including aboriginal artefacts is also maintained.Inside the house, fruit packing shed and separate museum, is a large collection of local items with many photographs that give...
The museum's collection reflects the heritage of the post WW2 immigrants who brought their culture and art to Australia from Latvia. There are various art forms on display including Latvian national costumes with elaborate patterns that once expressed religious and mystical ideas. The collection comprises of textiles; historical artefacts; present day examples of traditional folk art; jewellery; ceramics; wood carvings; documents; books; coins; paintings; photographs and oral history.The collection comprises of approx. 600 items. Textiles which include national costumes, rugs and handicrafts...
Our museums goal is to tell the story of ordinary Australian motoring. We are a social history museum with a dynamic exhibition and events program. A scenic drive through the Adelaide hills leads to the small town of Birdwood. Our 3,500 sq metres of pavilions display a collection and interpretation that appeals to the general public as well as enthusiasts.
The National Motor Museum is a Museum of the History Trust of South Australia.The National Motor Museum has the largest collection of motor vehicles of any Museum in the Southern hemisphere. The collection is comprised of cars, trucks...
The museum is located in a heritage building in the heart of the Adelaide central business district. All items in the collection relate to freemasonry in South Australia and the Northern Territory, covering the period from 1834 to the present day. Some items originate from interstate or overseas. A guided tour operates every Thursday at 2:00 pm.The collection contains thousands of items of memorabilia, including regalia, jewels, furniture, glassware, minute books, paintings, warrants, and documents.
Oldest 2 story commercial premises, Built 1875. Underground Bakehouse. Old grocery Shop, Victoriana displays, music room, kitchen, bedroom. Dressmaking establishment, photo gallery, laundry/bathroom. Ironmongery room. Currently establishing large display of items from horse drawn era, in custom built shed, everything is represented of local history, books, histories, photo's and artefacts, outside display of farming equipment, tractors, wagons ect.Local archives and photos, farming machinery from the past, furniture, china, glass, musical instruments, household items each area has a...
Main Street Burnie as it was in 1900 at the height of the towns first Economic boom is regarded in this bustling street and include an INN, Dentist's Surgery, A Home, Carpenters, Printery, General Store and Saddlery. Authentic 19th Century materials, colours and Architectural styles have been used in the reconstruction.The collection was established in 1942 and consists of photographs, charts, clothing, tools, personal effects and furnishings.
The display in the foyer of the headquarters of the Australian Antarctic Division (AAD) contains artefacts from the heroic age of Antarctic exploration. The focus is on Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions (ANARE) from 1947 onwards and current Antarctic research. The AAD manages Australian government activity in Antarctica, provides transport and logistic support, maintains the four permanent Australian research stations, and conducts and manages scientific research programs both on land and in the Southern Ocean.
The Hamilton Heritage Centre is a small, local interest museum consisting of photographs and artefacts of the area. It is located in the Old Warder's Cottage, which was part of the convict probation station at Hamilton. It consists of a two-roomed cottage with displays, church records, farm and household items and photocopy facilities.Photographs 1870's to 1950's showing rural life and vista of Hamilton. Church records for St Peter's Anglican Church and Cemetery. Records for all churches in upper Derwent Valley. Farm implements and household articles.
A photographic museum commemorating the life and work of prominent Hobart photographer John Watt Beattie. It contains black and white photographs of Tasmania between 1890 and 1930.3,000 photographs and corresponding negatives
The Museum was established in a former lighthouse keeper's cottage in 1980. All aspects of the Island's history are represented in the displays of the King Island Museum. Relics from the large number of shipwrecks around the coastline of the Island are also featured.estimated 2,000 objects and 1,500 photographs
Created by Mr. Eric Thomas. The main feature of the Gallery Museum is its Photographic collection dating from 1890's. It shows people and places on the west coast of Tasmania, with an extensive display on the mount Lyell diaster, which claimed 42 lives. Other displays include old lamps, silver china, coins, tools and hospital artefacts. Household items and clothing, right down to grandma's undies. There are 22 rooms to roam through with more to open in the future. Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee (small donation) while watching video's on the west coast.Over 900 photographs plus artefacts. A 1912...
The Museum contains may culinary domestic items as well as some antique machinery and office equipment. Medals, coins, clothing, bottles and approximately 1,000 historic photos are displayed at two monthly intervals, as the area only allows for a small percentage to be displayed at one time.250 items; 1,000 photos
The museum is a cluster of seven buildings which are themselves exhibits e.g.. One is 'Dryazell' (on its original site), one time private school and residence of first government subsidised teacher on Flinders Island. Another building is the replica of a Muttonbird processing shed as used 1920-1948. This shed contains original artefacts donated by Frank and Heather Willis whose family have been Muttonbirding for well over 100 years. Muttonbird harvesting is also a part of the culture of the indigenous people of the Furneaux. The museum is operated entirely by volunteer members of the Furneaux...
The main building onsite houses a collection of artefacts of local historical interest, displayed in mock building/room settings. The library building (a historic school building moved to the site) allows both genealogical historical and photographic study. Access to our computers enables research using our history database files and our developing interactive tour of the district program.Extensive collection of artefacts significant to the Central Coast district of Tasmania. Major photographic collection/archive. Extensive genealogical archive relating to local families.
Woolmers is of outstanding cultural significance because it has continuous association with the one family (Thomas Archer and his descendants), providing and encapsulated record of six generations of the family and the changes to their lifestyle, from the time the land was first settled in the Longford area, to the death of the last heir in 1994. It is the longest association in Tasmania. Woolmers has small museum status.Apart from the original house (1819) and the new additions in 1840's. The Extant outbuildings, workshop, cottages plant and artefacts are a unique record of the scale of...

Pages