Weapons Arms and Armor

Scienceworks is a dynamic interactive science and technology museum combining the newly built Melbourne Planetarium. Scienceworks encourages visitors to 'Get A Grasp of Science and Technology' by creating a range of interactive experiences that are enjoyable and educational through its range of high quality programs, services and facilities offered. This venue also features Melbourne's magnificent nineteenth century sewage pumping station.50,000 objects plus 200,000 two-dimensional items
This historic hotel/boarding house (built 1876) houses a collection of furniture, crockery, glassware, gowns, and napery, library, war memoranda, saddlery, pictures, photographs, family histories, carriages, farm machinery, tools etc. The first National Bank built in nearby Longwood (1886) has been resited in the grounds of the museum.Approximately 14 rooms of exhibits, annexe, machinery shed and National Bank, Eliza Furlonge Cottage
The Museum complex consists of the General Museum, the Fishing Industry Museum, the 40 pounder Rifled Breech Loading Armstrong Gun fully restored in the Armstrong Gun section, a Pioneer's Cottage (c1900), with Remembrance Garden of Peace in its grounds and Cottage Garden surrounds, including Heritage Permaculture Garden.Approximately 1000 plus 200 photographs
Occupying a spectacular position overlooking Port Phillip Bay, the Fort was one of Victoria's first colonial defence initiatives. Features include its fortified walls and tower, gun emplacements, powder magazines and uniforms, weapons and illustrative material on the history of Victoria's coastal defence.
The Museum is housed in a Trust National Building, which is currently undergoing restoration. There are many maritime objects, including models of ships and a scale model of "Gerberus". We also have early clothing, domestic articles, an historic signature quilt from World War I, which has been to Sydney on loan. We also have a sound effects machine, thousands of photographs, silverware, WWI memorabilia, family research and a bi-monthly newsletter.World War I memorabilia including a signature quilt made by the women of Williamstown including Jacka's signature. We have archival...
John Alexander, stonemason of Montrose Scotland, arrived in Ballarat, 1853, to build real history just 900 metres from the site of the 1854 Eureka Stockade, where the miners stood their ground against the harsh gold tax imposed by the government. In its middle class simple living style, Montrose captures our Celtic inheritance. Faithfully restored, Montrose is beautifully authentic, presenting an excellent portrayal of the personal trials and tribulations of our forebears. It now remains as possibly the finest restoration example of an authentic goldfields building, extant in Victoria. Today...
Museum established 1954. Two floors of displays - approx 250 sq metres. Began as collection relevant to background of the Bible and continues that thrust. Education programs for booked groups is main activity. All funding private.Approximately 2,500 objects. Antiquities from Egypt, Eastern Mediterranean, Levant and Mesopotamia. Strengths in Palestinian Pottery and Egyptian Pottery. Syrian Glass, Clay tablets, Mummified Child, Replicas.
The collection includes local photographs and mining equipment, firearms, gold nugget replicas and genealogical recordsEstimated 70 firearms and 20 gold nugget replicas amongst a total of 10,000 items
The Museum contains displays of Corps and related military memorabilia, as well as an outdoor display of over forty restored vehicles. Many other vehicles of relevance to the RACT and its predecessor Corps are awaiting work which will restore them to their original condition.Estimated 54 restored vehicles and 11 awaiting restoration work
The RAAF Museum is Australia's biggest collection of military aircraft and memorabilia relating to the rich history of the Australian Flying Corps and the Royal Australian Air Force. Regular flying displays are held. Showcasing the museum's historic aircraft fleet and visitors can also view skilled aircraft restorers and maintenance at work.Major national military aviation relating to the history to the history of the Australian Flying corps and the RAAF. Collection includes in excess of 75 aircraft, 400,000 individual objects 120,000 volumes and over 3 million negatives and photographs.
Overlooking Corio Bay, the Geelong Maritime Museum is located in the stable of Osborne House which was built in 1857. The museum has displays looking at the colourful history of Osbourne House which was the site of the first Australian Naval College in 1913 and the first submarine base in 1921. The museum also focuses on the history of Corio Bay as a port.Naval: from Nelson and Trafalgar to WW11; Maritime: merchant navy, our Corio Bay, sail instruments; Library: charts, maps, maritime and naval reference
Main collections include: Goldmining and life on the goldfields, R.E. Johns Aboriginal Collection, Beechworth Chinese Community Collection, Local Families, Identities Collection, Natural History and Development, Archives, Ned Kelly.In 1863 the Burke Museum was added to the Beechworth Public Library and Athenaeum (est 1856) in honour of Robert O'Hara Burke, the explorer of Burke and Wills fame. Today the Burke Museum presents cultural and natural heritage material, which contributes to the understanding and appreciation of the customs, activities, historic episodes, the natural environment and...
This is the largest privately owned military museum in Australia. Over 30,000 square feet of floor space with over 70 vehicles and artillery pieces, and showcases of military memorabilia.Australian military history covering WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam represented through military vehicles and equipment used by Australian soldiers here and overseas from Gallipoli to Vietnam.
Only museum in Australia with the Vietnam War as the main focus. Situated in a main tourist area with easy access and parking. School bus tours and other groups cared for. BBQ meal arrangements provided on request.Items in the museum vary from 6 wheel drive trucks, to letters sent home by soldiers. All items have been donated by veterans and the museum is operated 7 days a week by Vietnam Veterans
The Kyneton Museum collection is housed in a group of buildings, the most substantial of which was built in 1856 from local bluestone for the infant Bank of New South Wales. The branch was opened to service miners of the region's goldfields. Original outbuildings include kitchens, celler and stables, and these have been augmented by various outbuildings including an original settlers cottage which was relocated here in 1970. The outbuildings house the extensive agricultural display, whilst the kitchen and laundry show authentic household utensils. An original settler's cottage 'Theaden' is...
Murray Breweries Historic Museum together with the National Trust's Beechworth Carriage Museum and the Australian Lighthorse Heritage Collection is located in the Historic Billson's Brewery. The Brewery was built in 1865 during the Gold Rush on the site of a natural spring which continues to provide the pure water sold as such and used in the beverages made on the premises.The Brewery Building houses a celler museum of bottles, brewing equipment, labels and brewery memorabilia. The Australian Lighthorse Heritage Collection presents a display of rare uniforms, badges, saddlery and sentimental...
HMAS Castlemaine corvette/minesweeper, was built at Williamstown Victoria 1941-42 and served with distinction during World War II in the coastal and northern waters of Australia, Pacific, Indian Ocean and China Sea. She was paid off in 1945 and later used for training purposes at HMAS Cerberus, Westernport Victoria until the early 1970's. The Maritime Trust has now restored the vessel as a floating museum and naval memorial.Castlemaine is a historic WWII Australian vessel and our collection centres around the ship and period, but also covers many other aspects of maritime heritage relating to...
This eleven room wattle and daub cottage built circa 1832 consists of an entry, box room, parlour, nursery, bedroom, dining room, family room, sewing room, kitchen, laundry and side verandah. Appropriate artefacts covering several eras are in the various rooms, with display cases in every room. Set in a neat garden surroundsAccessioned photographs number 8,000. Accessioned artworks number 500. There are some 7,000 artifacts of all types.
A 30 room complex of men's cell blocks and some warder's quarters built in 1852 for imperial convicts shipped to WA as artisans and skilled labourers. Women's cells, the great hall and more warder's quarters were constructed of brick in 1872-75. At this time the complex was also used as a colonial prison. It was last used as a police lockup in the great depression of the 1930s. Extensive restoration from 1989 to 1996 returned its condition to as original as possible. Cells, warder's quarters, and the great hall contain appropriate displays.Accessioned photographs number 8,000....
Two storey building of stone, constructed in 1870 by the Peninsular and Oriental Steamship Navigation Company as a Cooperative Society Store for their goods, employees and families. From circa 1885 the building had a variety of uses - as a printery, soft drink factory, lodging house, apartments, and railway employees barracks (1973-1991). Extra rooms and a verandah were added circa 1935. It is currently leased to Albany Historical Society and used as a storage museum for the artefacts, visual art and photography not on display. Accessioning, conservation of artefacts, administration and...

Pages