Weapons Arms and Armor

This privately owned tourist complex contains an extensive museum housed in 5 buildings with over 100 metres of glass show cases. Over 100 collection are featured, including displays of antiques, gemstones, butterflies, clocks, weapons, cameras, coins, birds eggs, badges, irons, bottles, fossils and shells. A feature of the complex is a display of local reptiles.120 varied collections
Founded in 1856, the Museum holds collections of natural and cultural history which are among the finest in Australia. Natural history displays of fossils, animals and minerals have an emphasis on South Australian specimens. The Museum's cultural history collections are renowned and include Australian Aboriginal, early Pacific and Ancient Egyptian cultures. The Museum Shop stocks quality merchandise, including Museum publications.The collection at the South Australian Museum has 3,000,000 natural science specimens, 446,000 library items, 100,000 anthropological items, 800 shelf metres of...
The Streaky Bay Museum is housed in the old school. It includes the family history of the Campbell family (1864), the Kelsh family (1860) Kelsh pioneer pug and pine cottage, the Freeman family (1856) and Mudge family 1855, as well as machinery dating back to the 1880s.A large collection of great variey. Furniture, household items, farm machinery, historic buildings, horse drawn vehicles, vintage cars and medical artefacts and instruments.. The collection is a source of local history of people and their way of life through the years.
The Riddoch Art Gallery is South Australia's only publicly-funded and professionally-staffed regional gallery. It is named in honour of grazier and Philanthropist, John Riddoch, who donated the original collection of early Australian and British works. The focus of the collection is post 1960s Australian art and includes paintings, photographs, graphics, works on paper, textiles, sculpture installations and craftworks. Specialist collections include the Rodney Gooch Collection of Aboriginal art, comprising of over 200 artworks including works by Emily Kame Kngwarreye and paintings,...
A magnificent Northern French Romanesque building. Built in 1866 as the Baptist Church with two floors. This is complimented by an extensive undercover display area for the agricultural, industrial and transport history of Kapunda. Bagot's Fortune is managed by the Kapunda Historical Society Inc. See separate Guide listing for their other venue, the Kapunda Museum.Extensive collection of the social, commercial, industrial and agricultural history of Kapunda.
Cottage was built in 1862 from solid limestone blocks. All window frames, door frames and skirting board are still original - the only original floor remains in the bedroom (baltic pine). All other floors are replaced.n/a
Australia's oldest existing colonial gaol in original preservation offers the only surviving example of female solitary confinement cells in Tasmania and an extensive collection of convict relics. It includes men's solitary confinement cells, chain gang holding rooms, a flogging yard, privy, female cells and gaoler's house. Displayed documents describe the gaol's use until it was closed in 1928, highlighting the exploits of its most colourful prisoners (eg Martin Cash, Ikey Solomon).approximately 100 convict relics, plus documents
The Pilot Station was est. in 1805, the oldest building on site was convict built in 1835 of blue stone rubble walls and convict handmade brick interior, this accommodated 4 pilots and their families and now houses the Maritime Museum, research centre & archives and the Sir Raymond Ferrall Gallery. The other dwellings house visitor accommodation and the Pilot Station crew.Maritime & communication memorabilia, diving suit & air pump, 9 lb cannon, whaling artifacts, items recovered from shipwrecks, signal flags, signal lanterns oil and electric, rope and knot display convict...
(i) to preserve & maintain the "Victoria" Powder Magazine building situated on Carriage Drive, Queens Domain, Hobart within the guide-lines laid down for historic buildings on the register of National Estate.

(ii) to establish & maintain a museum relating to the military theme "the defences of the Derwent" from 1803 to 1945, at the "Victoria" Powder Magazine.

(iii) to raise monies pursuant to objectives (i) & (ii) by conducting military re-enactments in period uniform, and by acquiring, buying and selling Tasmanian Colonial...

The Gold Museum performs a dual role as the home of the celebrated Simon collection of gold nuggets and coins, and as the Regional Museum for Ballarat. Permanent and temporary exhibitions exploring the history of the district are presented, encompassing both Ballarat social history and Koori cultural heritage.The Simon Gold Pavilion tells the story of gold throughout the ages, while the recently opened 'Ballarat: Inspired by Gold' exhibition traces the evolution of a grand Victorian city. The multi-media 'Land of the Watha Wurrung' delivers a dramatic interpretation of the region’s Koori...

Brambuk Aboriginal Cultural Centre is a unique and award winning design based on the open wings of the white Cockatoo - totem of the Grampians/Gariwerd region. Brambuk is committed to education, training and employment of Indigenous people and the preservation and promotion of culture. It is 100% owned and operated by Aboriginal People.Aboriginal artefacts ranging in age from today to 40,000 years ago. Contemporary and traditional arts and craft, contemporary and traditional dance and stories.

The Museum, consists of an historic post office (1890), a early and later period school buildings, pioneer's cottage and a bark hut. Lewis Lasseter (of fabled gold reef fame) - story of his activities in the district. His work boat is on display at the Museum. Displays deal with local history - from the discovery of gold, followed by timber getting, then dairying. As the area developed into a thriving community.Approximately 800 artefacts and 2000 photographs, and 100 documents

Our Museum consists of a house and various out buildings located on two town blocks in Port Welshpool. The collection is spread over the whole area. Our strong point is the early fishing industry in Corner Inlet, including a daily diary kept by the Smith family from 1887-1958. Housed in Welshpool's first residence (1881), the Museum contains a local history collection that includes natural history objects, fishing and maritime artefacts. Original display cases house a magnificent shell collection that dates from the 1800s.Our collection is the contents of the house which is now the museum,...
The Battery was built to defend Victoria against a feared Russian invasion in 1889. A small collection of photographs and memorabilia are on display, while the underground Magazine and Lamp Passage are accessible by ladder. Three cannons were restored as part of Portland's 150th anniversary and these are fired off on official occasions.
Louis Michel was the first person to discover gold in Australia. He did so in Anderson Creek, Warrandyte. Many famous artists have lived and worked here, many noted potters and craftsmen have lived and died here. The area has survived severe droughts, floods and raging fires. There has always been and always will be a good sense of community spirit in Warrandyte.Over 1000 photographs and a significant collection of archival materials, plus a modest collection of artefacts relating to gold mining and associated industries. Also artefacts from the indigenous culture and our artistic past.
The Clunes Museum is an historic building (1860) in the main street of Clunes which houses a collection of memorabilia from Victoria's first gold town. Displays include agricultural, gold, coins and cultural themes. Reception has a shop where local crafts, souvenirs and local history books are on sale. A research section offers a wide range of records dating back to the early 1860's. The Clunes Museum is run by volunteers. The Clunes Museum is accredited by MAP.The major strengths of the collection of 2,500 objects are photographs and items pertaining to gold mining, agriculture, industry,...
This double-storeyed century old building features a beautiful staircase, tiling and doors, and stained glass windows. Some original fire places still remain. Entry includes a guided tour of this magnificent building.The display of war memorabilia from World War I and World War II is housed in two rooms of the building. There is also an extensive library. Also large collection of Photographs and Glass Slides.
This museum exhibits civil and military aircraft with an emphasis on Australian design and/or manufacture. Exhibitions display photographs and artefacts.Estimate 40 aircraft total collection including 21 aircraft on public display, plus 7 buildings with 4 open to the public
A collector's paradise, the Museum presents over 200 collections in thirty rooms. Set amidst five acres of International Gardens (the Savill Gardens), its special attractions include the fourteenth portable gaol built in Victoria and the state's smallest church.Estimate over 1 million items
The Firelight Museum is located 10 minutes (9km) North from Leongatha. The Tudor style building also features other changing displays. It is set in a park with a playground and barbecue facilities.On display at the Firelight Museum is a fascinating collection of antique lamps (1860 - 1940), coins, pocket watches (1803 onwards), jewellery and firearms (1560-1935).

Pages