Weapons Arms and Armor

The Powerhouse Museum Research Library collection, services and staff expertise provide a rich research resource for museum staff, library visitors and colleagues in the cultural sector. The Research Library collection dates from the establishment of the museum in 1880. The collection is diverse and reflects the changing research requirements from the past and anticipates future research needs. The library collects to support exhibition development, publication production, education programmes, museology and corporate information needs.The research Library collection reflects the interests...
The museum is situated in ten hectares of parkland and houses a vast display of mining era memorabilia: housing, dairy display, mining equipment etc. It also features a railway museum and a light horse museum. The winding engine operates under steam a minimum of four times a year.Over 4,000 items
This extensive collection of local and Darling Downs history features a large display of memorabilia. The Allora and District Historical Society also has a second museum, the Old Shire Hall. This is located on the corner of Forde and Warwick streets. It provides facilities for reading and research as well as special displays. The Museum is open on the 4th Saturday in each month as well as by appointment. Admission is also $1.50.Approximately 10,000 items and 2,500 photographs
The building was built in 1888. The collection features old vintage vehicles, household furniture, tools and other domestic artefacts illustrating life in the Charleville district.Estimate 600 items
The Winton and District Historical Society have operated the Qantilda Museum since 1972. The members of the society are volunteers who donate their time to help educate people about the pioneers who built the outback. During the 28 year existence of the historical society a huge collection of outback memorabilia and artworks have been accumulated, documented and set out in such a way as to educate people on the livelihood of the aboriginal inhabitants and, the livelihood of the districts settlers and their descendants. A reading room, which is frequently updated, provides an immense...
The aim of the Museum of Australian Army Flying is to acquire, restore, maintain and display aircraft, equipment, material and documents relating to Australian Army flying since its inception in 1912. Importance is also placed on preservation of the history of No. 6 Airport Depot RAAF, the original military unit located at Oakey Airfield. Exhibits range from a Bristol Boxkite (the aircraft to see army service) to current aircraft types. Other aircraft on display include Auster, Cessna, Winjeel, Porter, Kiowa and Sioux.24 aircraft, 25 assorted uniforms, approximately 900 other related...
A folk museum which interprets, records and displays the history of the area now known as Coloundra City, Qld. It is housed in the original Landsborough Shire Council Building built in 1924 with a rammed earth construction extension in 1988. All displays are under cover.7,000 entries in sets plus individual items include an estimated 2,500 images
The village consists of over 60 buildings of Historical Significance to the Caboolture Shire and Environs. All the buildings are appropriately furnished or used for other useful and interesting purposes. The site also includes restored machinery and vehicles, some in good working condition.Approximately 14,000 items catalogued

1892 Country Post Office and Residence, furnished country Dance Hall, large lace collection, household requirements used from the turn of the 20th Century, early 1900 farm implements, Blacksmith shop and tools, cheese making equipment, World War 2 memorabilia, shepherds hut, country school building and much, much moreLarge lace collection, World War II Memorabilia, photographs, farm machinery, circa 1900 buildings, picnic area, BBQ, Cheese making equipment, Blacksmith shop and tools.

The complex is a pioneer village and museum. It comprises eleven weatherboard buildings in original condition: a museum hall (3 buildings); Acutt House - 1930 original home; 1910 ex Methodist Church and Church Vestry; a blacksmith shop; Dairy and three sheds of agricultural and manufacturing machinery including special "sugar cane" collection; and Goodwood Railway Station with rails and small goods carriage used for servicing oil tankers from the "Pier". The buildings are furnished with historical items, including significant collections of agricultural machinery, tools...
The Society maintains a sandstone cottage, built c.1870, which features furniture and household items representing more than 130 years of family life in the district. Collections of photographs, historical items, farming equipment, vehicles and machinery are displayed. Several buildings have been relocated on the site, including a church, slab hut, overseers cottage and an emporium building. A printing display includes presses and associated items from the Warwick Daily News.15,000 items
The Taroom and District Historical Society has acquired various buildings including the old Church of St. Mary's (built 1893) which is now the main museum building, a blacksmith shop, boat house, hospital room, Reynolds Cottage and Jongh Tai Shue's shop. The buildings house a collection of old machinery used in the Taroom area, furniture, household items, tools, photographs and other artefacts. The museum organises the annual Leichhardt Festival in the museum grounds, between August and September.The collection illustrates elements of the social history of Taroom District and including life...
In 1994 the Torres Strait Museum displays were transferred from the old Masonic Lodge on John Street to the underground section of historic Green Hill Fort. The Fort was originally intended as a first line of defence for Australia against sea invasions in the 1855 war and World War II. Rooms of the Fort have been dedicated to different themes of display. The Cordite Store houses the Wanetta Collection - a collection of gifts, souvenirs and collectables put together by Mr Reg Hockings Snr. earlier this century. The defence display is being developed in the Powder Magazine. The Lamp Room...
Fassifern District Historical Society oversees Templin Historical Village which consists of a country church, a store, house/office, school, dairy, slab hut and other museum buildings grouped around a central green to recreate a village atmosphere. The museum also has a collection of historical items and photographs.Estimated 10,000 items plus 5,000 photos
The building was a court house and then police station in Mt Chalmers, re-located to Emu Park in 1986. The collection comprises historical data of the town and district from its inception and includes photographs, artefacts, a library of rare books, collection of sea shells and coloured sands, rocks, crockery, relics, coins, family histories, military memorabilia, dolls and tools.Estimated 2,350 items plus 200 photographs
Exhibits at the Chillagoe Historical Centre include a pictorial history of local smelting operations (1901-1943), large mineral samples and a detailed bottle collection, a butterfly collection, old coins and notes, old mining machinery, an entrance area paved with local marble, projectors from a local theatre, local pioneering family histories, Aboriginal and New Guinea artefacts, and old dentist's chair and cameras.Estimated 1,000 items
The Cooktown Museum is a museum of maritime history with a focus on Cape York/Torres Strait Islands and the surrounding regions. The museum's collection is a tribute to seafaring men who brought civilisation to the Far North. The pioneering history, the gold rush, early cyclones, early discovery, shipping and Chinese migration are just some of the themes depicted in the museum's collection.The collection consists of over 300 photographs and newspaper cuttings; 600 marine specimens including a shell collection; 11 model ships; 5 anchors; 2 gold skips; 8 canoes and other maritime memorabilia.
The Museum is derived from Britain's first social history museum. It was founded in 1934 in England and was brought to Australia after World War II. After nearly 40 years of storage, it now occupies a new building opened in 1986 near Bribie Island, 40 kilometres North of Brisbane. A fine arts and archaeology museum, the museum's collections cover the history of humankind over the last 500,000 years with original artefacts from Europe, Asia, America and Africa and limited collections from Australia. They include works of art, ceramics, glass, metalwork, textiles, sculpture and paper. Each year...
Housed in the Pier Marketplace, the museum contains a large collection of historic shipwreck relics from many ships, including relics of the famous "Pandora"; relics from Cook's "Endeavour"; and continuous films of Ben Cropp's adventures.Estimate over 1,000 items. Historical relics from shipwrecks on the North Eastern Australian coast. Maritime diving displays, undersea simulation, Ben Cropp's Wild Australia series videos run continuously. Relics and displays related to shipwrecks of Yongala, Pandora, Purpoise, Cambus Wallace, Aahrus, Eastern Argosy, Sun, Titanic, Batavia...
The Museum records the social history of South East Queensland since European settlement. Cleveland was one of the earliest settled areas and for a hundred years was a thriving farming community specialising in fruit and vegetables for the Brisbane area. The Museum presents a range of topics across a total display space of over 1300m2. Travelling exhibitions, community displays and in-house short term exhibitions frequent the temporary space of 74m2.Horse drawn vehicles, farming machinery, textiles and costumes, household equipment, maritime history, WWI & II memorabilia, medical and...

Pages