Central

The Monsignor Hawes Priest House Museum is run by a small group of parish volunteers. The museum is situated at the side of the local Catholic church which was also built by the priest Architect Monsignor JC Hawes during his tenue as Priest to the local community of Mullewa a small wheat belt town...
Built originally as the Town Hall in 1905, the Federation Academic Classical architectural style of the Geraldton Regional Art Gallery is reflective of civic buildings built throughout Western Australia in the post gold rush days. In 1984 the Town Hall was saved from demolition and converted into...
Walkaway Station Museum, was originally Walkaway Railway Station, it was built in 1887 (architect was Poole). The building is a two storeyed section, containing Station Master's residence and office - A second building was built for a post master. In 1921 the Railway Dept. Needed another staff...
Local shire history from the period of the shire's establishment. Previous to that the general pastoral history of the area is collected including a comprehensive base history. The emphasis is agricultural and social and includes the four other small towns which existed in the area. We are starting...
Chiverton House is a community museum; its collection reflects changing lifestyles influenced by mining (1848-1950). The building, histories and collections relating to Capt Samuel Mitchell and his family provide a link to the convicts and Lynton Hiring Station (1853-56), the railway (1879-1957),...
A very large historical precinct of mining equipment and buildings (commissioned by Herbert Hoover, 1896) and restored houses, shop and boarding house in the town of Gwalia. The Museum has a excellent display of photographs, business and household equipment from 100 years of mining. This History...
Russ Cottage is a typical Yeoman's residence built on the banks of the Irwin River by Titus Russ in 1868-70 from local limestone. The cottage consists of four rooms with verandahs all around, and is furnished in the style of the early farming families with gifts from local residents. The sitting...
The museum is located inside the original Mingenew Government school, built in 1894. We are run solely by volunteers. We have two machinery sheds housing farming machinery and implements, some in working order. Located in a small rural community. We have a small collection of aboriginal artefacts....
Onslow Museum is housed in The Old Goods Shed which was transported over by Camel Train from the Old Town of Onslow in 1925. As it is an Historical Building it has been classified by the National Trust. Many larger items, such as the train and carriage used in transport of goods from the jetty,...
The Museum is housed in the Old Police Station, Prison and Courthouse complex. The building was erected in 1870, with extensions being completed in 1873. The original building comprised a court room, police station, cell block and living quarters, and was built from locally-quarried limestone; the...