Archives

We have a photographic collection of approximately 40,000 on all aspects of the Eastern Goldfields Region and a large library.Eastern Goldfields archival records, photos, negatives, donated memorabilia
The museum's major exhibit is a B-52 bomber. Other exhibits include the wreckage of the first Zero shot down over Australian soil, Mirage and Sabre jets, B-52 Mitchell, Wessex helicopter, Spitfire replica and a number of civil aircraft and ultralights. There are displays of aircraft engines, armament, photos and memorabilia depicting the history of aviation in the Northern Territory from the early record breaking flights through to the jet age. This is all housed in a single hangar approximately sixty metres by sixty metres by fifteen metres high at its apex.20,000 items plus 50,000...
Located in the grounds of the Old Timers Village the Museum is half way between Alice Springs CBD and the airport. Old Timers began in the early 1950's as part of Rev Dr John Flynn's dream of, "a mantle of safety" for people of the inland, a place where they could retire in comfort and receive medical attention. Today it consists of nursing home, hostel, independent living units, day therapy centre and Museum.

It was the dream of another man in the 1960's that saw the Museum created. Then manager of Old Timers, John Blakeman, concerned that the history of Central...

Hartley Street School was opened in 1930 as a small two-roomed school. It was extended in 1940 by an additional room and verandah, and in 1945 an octagonal room and classroom were added. The National Trust occupies the most recent section, which houses the Trust office, library, shop and School Museum.Less than 100 items, estimated 6,000 photographs

Collection of old railway signs, books, photos, letters, maps100 items
Housed in a historic 110yr old building, this museum contains photographs of development in the Northern Territory, Chinese relics, minerals, war years, communications, mining and social history. The museum also holds the only photographic collection of the Pine Creek area.Items have been donated to the Pine Creek National Trust Museum by many people in the area. The museum displays many items relating to early settlement, an extensive bottle and mineral collection, war relics, Chinese household goods, photographs and text.
Tuxworth-Fullwood House is the headquarters of the Tennant Creek National Trust. This property, constructed in 1942 by the Australian Military Forces as 55 Army Camp Hospital, is also a former outpatients clinic for the Tennant Creek district. Displays, including a diorama of a miners camp, focus on settlement, mining and development of the region. Outdoor displays include a police cell, C1930s, and a mine site. An extensive archive houses the Tuxworth and Fullwood collections relating to local history.
Built in 1907-08, this building served as the town's gaol until 1938. Stuart Town Gaol was the town's first official building. Although it is architecturally simple in style, its use of local materials if of great importance. The floor plan and fittings reflect the harsh discriminatory treatment of prisoners during the time of its use. The display focus is on the history of law and order in Central Australia and the conditions under which prisoners were kept until 1938.
Constructed in1886, when Borroloola was a significant riverport and drover's camp, the property was a police station for fifty years before it became a patrol officer's residence. It is the oldest surviving outpost police station in the Northern Territory.The collection represents a comprehensive history of the European Establishment in the Gulf Region. The branch is presently looking to develop the collection by highlighting the Indigenous perspective on the region.
The precinct consists of four houses built in 1938-39 as part of a housing scheme for high-ranking public servants. The four houses are the last of their kind in-situ and are prime examples of pre World War II architecture. Burnett House, named after the architect B.C.G. Burnett, is home for the Trust headquarters. As the Department of Works' architect, Burnett designed the houses at the precinct and many other notable buildings in the Northern Territory. He was responsible for establishing a regional architectural style. The precinct highlights tropical architecture pre WWII and the various...
The important thing is the display of medical history, from the 19th Century right up to the UN Peacekeeping force in East Timor. The display consists of photographs, documents, weapons, uniforms, medals, flags etc. displayed in the indoor sections of the Museum, while some very large items are displayed in the outdoor sections, including all anti-aircraft guns, field guns, a tank, a ship's radar antenna, an old Navel anchor and a battered aircraft propeller with a dramatic history of air-sea rescue. The location of the War Museum is special, as it is situated against a natural backdrop of...
Motorcycles from 11 countries. 1939 - 1980's dirt road and competition models. Extensive range of manuals and literature. Children's books 1920's on. Cinema films 1940's on. Literature on films and film stars.65 Motorcycles, plus motor Cycle Manuals, 1005 items.
Molly Clark of Old Andado Station founded Australia's National Pioneer Women's Hall of Fame in 1993. It is a national project dedicated to preserving the place of women in history and their special contribution to Australia's heritage. The National Pioneer Women's Hall of Fame is currently building up a collection of stories, photographs, artifacts and memorabilia relating to pioneering women, as well as a reference library of books, video and audio cassettes relating to Australian women's history. We are intending to put our databases online in the near future including our HerStory...

Pages