Tuxworth-Fullwood

Tuxworth-Fullwood House is the headquarters of the Tennant Creek National Trust. This property, constructed in 1942 by the Australian Military Forces as 55 Army Camp Hospital, is also a former outpatients clinic for the Tennant Creek district. Displays, including a diorama of a miners camp, focus on settlement, mining and development of the region. Outdoor displays include a police cell, C1930s, and a mine site. An extensive archive houses the Tuxworth and Fullwood collections relating to local history.

Address: 
Schmidt Street, Tennant Creek, NT
Tel: 
0889812848
Hours: 
4pm-6pm Mon-Fri, May to October. October to May (wet season) closed or opened by arrangement.
Admission: 
Free to children and pensioners.
Facilities: 
Parking, Car/Bus access, Guide dogs allowed, Guides/ guide material available.
Share

Items

Tuxworth-Fullwood House