Manufacturing

The Australian War Memorial commemorates the sacrifice of Australian men and women who have served in war, through its ceremonial areas, extensive exhibitions and research facilities. The focus of commemoration is the Hall of Memory, together with the Tomb of the Unknown Australian Soldier, the Pool of Reflection and the Roll of Honour that lists the names of over 102,000 Australians who have died in war.

The Memorial is internationally recognised for its exhibitions, that cover over 12,000 square metres, which present stories of Australia's military history from colonial times to...
The Noel Butlin Archives Centre (Archives of Business and Labour) is a nationally significant collection of primary source material relating to business and labour. The NBAC holds archives of industrial organisations, businesses, professional associations, industry bodies and the labour movement. It makes them available for research and use by the University and the wider community.Scope: National; size: 13km of shelf space; strengths: Trade Union & Labour Archives, Business Archives, National Aids Archives Collection, Organisation Archives
The Powerhouse Museum is located in the Darling Harbour precinct which attracts over eight million visitors a year and was of primary focus in both the 2000 millennium celebrations and the Sydney 2000 Olympic games. The Powerhouse museum opened in 1988 and is positioned as a dynamic, innovative and enjoyable museum which promotes awareness and understanding of the past, present and future of Australian society.

The Powerhouse achieves this through research, scholarship and the acquisition, conservation and presentation of material in the fields of science, technology, industry,...
The Colonial Inn Museum is located in the old West End Hotel built in 1856, and licensed as a hotel until 1923. It is a two storey building featuring wrought iron lace and pillars manufactured in a Mudgee iron foundry. Some displays have been developed around the building's early usage (eg the bar, parlour, kitchen and a bedroom). There is also an extensive display of farm machinery and horsedrawn vehicles, and general displays of items from Mudgee's past. Family history research is also available.8,000 items
The Museum focuses on local history and the community culture of Shellharbour City. Collections include; Aboriginal culture, pioneering industries of dairy farming with ancillary industries of coal mining, tanneries and coach building. The centre point of the museum is a bronze bust of Caroline Chisholm, 'The Emigrants Friend', who settled some 23 families to Shellharbour in 1843.
The 2004 exhibition 'The Built Environment of Shellharbour City', will open 24th April, to coincide with The National Trust 'Heritage Festival'. This exhibition will encompass man made structures such as...
Established in 1872, this is the oldest operating foundry in Australia. It is famous for its production of iron lace, ornamental and other castings. It also has an extensive collection of cedar patterns and early blacksmiths' and founders' tools. The entire foundry is in original working condition and is a fascinating industrial relic.Industrial Design, metalwork, woodwork, archaeology and antiquities, archives, cultural heritage, domestic items and technology, education and schools, images, local history, professions and trades, rural life, social history, engineering, horse-drawn...
The policy of the museum is to collect items relating to Paterson and the district - The collection is housed in the former Paterson Court House (1858-63) Fully restored externally and set in well maintained grounds. We extend country hospitality which complements the well accredited museum.The history of Paterson and District covering indigenous, white settlement, convict times to district development to present day in a relaxing well presented atmosphere.
The Society was formed in 1963 and since 1968 has opeated a museum in the former School of Arts building, which is heritage-listed. The purpose of the Museum is the collecting, preserving and interpreting of local heritage for everyone. The Society aims to promote local history, including family history and the Museum collection, to the local community and the general public.Dungog Museum has a wide range of items representing local and family history. The collection reflects the area's rural history, including dairying and the timber industry, and local manufacturing including items from...
The Liverpool Museum was established in 1989 and aims to preserve and promote Liverpool's history and cultural heritage through historical collections, exhibitions and public programs. They explore changing cultural experiences of local people - ways of living, working and believing (in workplaces, homes and communities).

Items from the past are used extensively in Museum exhibitions and public programs - community addresses, education programs and publications.

The Museum includes historic Collingwood House, which dates from 1810 and was the home of Nantucket whaling...
The Museum of the Riverina has two impressive sites. The first is situated in the former Historic Council Chambers, built in 1881, and converted in 1998 to function as a museum facility. This site is used as a meeting venue - in the former chamber - and as a venue for hosting a regular program of travelling exhibitions.

The second site, adjacent to the Botanic Gardens, was formerly run by the Wagga Wagga & District Historical Society, and opened in 1965. The site was renovated and reopened in September 2001 and contains internal exhibitions and a number of outbuildings. The...
The Spastic Centre was the first organisation of its kind in the world for people with cerebral palsy. The Archives track the development of treatment, education, accommodation and employment services at Mosman and Allambie Heights (Warringah) in Sydney, NSW.The collection consists of: the key administrative records from one of the Centre's founders, Audrie McLeod; photographs from the 1950s to 1980s, fundraising and awareness campaigns, the development and operation of Centre Industries at Allambie Heights; building work at Mosman and Allambie Heights; research reports from overseas visits;...
The Museum is housed in one of Katoomba's historic sandstone residences. Situated half a kilometre from Echo Point, The Three Sisters and The Scenic Railway, the Museum is on all mountain scenic bus routes.The Museum's collection of purses and handbags dates from 1650 to the late 1900s and shows examples of fashion excesses and trends. There are over 400 items in the collection demonstrating many craft techniques such as beadwork, crochet and embroidery.

1892 Country Post Office and Residence, furnished country Dance Hall, large lace collection, household requirements used from the turn of the 20th Century, early 1900 farm implements, Blacksmith shop and tools, cheese making equipment, World War 2 memorabilia, shepherds hut, country school building and much, much moreLarge lace collection, World War II Memorabilia, photographs, farm machinery, circa 1900 buildings, picnic area, BBQ, Cheese making equipment, Blacksmith shop and tools.

This heritage-listed woolscour, that once operated by steam, has been left intact as a living document. It is this last one of this type in Australia. There is a 20 stand shearing shed attached to the wool washing complex and an open flowing bore nearby. Outbuildings include a cookhouse, shearers quarters and managers residence. It has been left mainly intact and conservation work completed in 2002 reintroduced steam to the site.The collection consists mainly of historic machinery and buildings, large boilers, steam engines, wool wash troughs, large steam driven dryers, historic wool presses...
Exhibits at the Chillagoe Historical Centre include a pictorial history of local smelting operations (1901-1943), large mineral samples and a detailed bottle collection, a butterfly collection, old coins and notes, old mining machinery, an entrance area paved with local marble, projectors from a local theatre, local pioneering family histories, Aboriginal and New Guinea artefacts, and old dentist's chair and cameras.Estimated 1,000 items
Stage two of Qantas Founders Outback Museum was opened on 31 March 2002, as part of the Queensland Heritage Trails Network project. The new building resembles an aircraft hanger and houses the state-of-the-art museum, a café, shop and resource centre. Interactive multimedia, working displays and historical artefacts tell the history of QANTAS, giving visitors insight into the challenges overcome by the fledgling airline, the impact the new airline had on outback life and an appreciation for the people who expanded the business from the airline's first plane, an open cockpit Avro 504K, to the...
The Museum is housed in the old power-station building, situated directly opposite the peanut silos in the town's Heritage Precinct. Other historic displays are located in Shire's earliest Council chambers and in Carroll's Cottage (the first building constructed in Kingaroy).The Museum's collection includes machinery used in local agriculture and the district's peanut industry. There is also a collection of tools used in trades such as carpentry, blacksmithing, dairying and the timber industry, as well as household items. The Museum also holds photos and a limited local archival records.
The museum is located in what was previously the Unley Fire Station. The Museum collects, preserves, researches and displays items which are relevant to the history of the Unley Council area and which identify its unique character. A permanent display "Unley Remembered" traces the chronological history of the area. Changing exhibitions on a wide range of themes are presented regularly. The ACCESS Gallery provides space for local community groups and organisations to present their own displays.Approximately 3,000 photographs; 4,000 documents; 4,000 artefacts
The Museum is housed in an original river boat "Captain's Cottage" and details the history of Murray Bridge, the importance of the Murray River in the growth of the township and surrounding areas. It also outlines the process of swamp reclamation and the consequent dairy industry which has been a major part of the local industry. Model river boats and cottages are also on display.Approximately 5,500 items, 250 photographs
We are situated on the main street in the Old Telegraph station c.1860. Focusing the history of the building and towns history. McKinlays artefacts (explorer)Small archival records, small collection of photographs, telegraphic memorabilia, household items. Gawler's early industrial era. General items of the towns businesses.

Pages