Numismatics, Coins and Currency

We are situated on the main street in the Old Telegraph station c.1860. Focusing the history of the building and towns history. McKinlays artefacts (explorer)Small archival records, small collection of photographs, telegraphic memorabilia, household items. Gawler's early industrial era. General items of the towns businesses.
The Museum displays photos of explorers, parts of ships, mines, maps, barometer, sextant, plate, spoon and other odds and ends brought up by divers from wrecks. Numerous other items have also been collected.
The Museum is housed in a former General Store and timber yard. The collection comprises machinery, tools, clothing, photographs and household goods used by early settlers in the district. Each summer holidays an exhibition is held in the museum as an added attraction.Approximately 2,000 items
Local history of the district from 1880. Special sections on agriculture, entertainment, sports, marine, schools, churches, transport, household items, photographs, maps and books. The museum if also responsible for the care of Stokes Methodist Church and Pioneer Women's Memorial. Caretakers of the Provis Memorial Park. Markers at the sites of early schools and other places of historical interest. Listing of the heritage listed buildings in the area.900 items, 450 photographs. Memorabilia of local - transport, churches, schools, shipping, shops, early settlers, agriculture, entertainment,...
Hope Cottage is one of three built in 1857 by the Calnan family, later to become known as Faith, Hope and Charity. The Museum holds a collection of photographs, books, shipwreck articles, tractors, engines and farm machinery (some restored to working order). A tower in the grounds carries the light transferred from Tippera Reef to Cape Willoughby in 1922. There is also a working model of a eucalyptus still and a working windmill.A wide variety of different articles from early Kangaroo Island. The cottage has the normal things found in a home in the early days including the first piano...
A local and social history museum depicting the heritage of Wallaroo. Main themes: copper mining and smelting period (1861-1923) History of the port of Wallaroo since 1861. General local history - sport, entertainment, industry, civic affairs and religion. Located in the first post office building 1865-1910. Has been Museum building since 1975.Over 3,000 exhibits depict the Industrial, Mining, Smelting, Maritime and Social History of the port of Wallaroo. The Museum is also home to the former Tipara Reef Lighthouse (1877-1996) Re-located to the Museum in 2001.
This privately owned tourist complex contains an extensive museum housed in 5 buildings with over 100 metres of glass show cases. Over 100 collection are featured, including displays of antiques, gemstones, butterflies, clocks, weapons, cameras, coins, birds eggs, badges, irons, bottles, fossils and shells. A feature of the complex is a display of local reptiles.120 varied collections
The Museum seeks to depict aspects of Lithuanian life and culture, particularly for the benefit of the younger generation. Exhibits include Lithuanian art and crafts, stamps, amber, artefacts and uniforms of free Lithuania's officials.2000 items, 1500 photographs, 2000 books and journals, 50 paintings
The Streaky Bay Museum is housed in the old school. It includes the family history of the Campbell family (1864), the Kelsh family (1860) Kelsh pioneer pug and pine cottage, the Freeman family (1856) and Mudge family 1855, as well as machinery dating back to the 1880s.A large collection of great variey. Furniture, household items, farm machinery, historic buildings, horse drawn vehicles, vintage cars and medical artefacts and instruments.. The collection is a source of local history of people and their way of life through the years.
Situated in the picturesque Koppio Hills, the Museum consists of a fully restored blacksmith shop built in 1903, an historic cottage, also restored, and displays of farm machinery and other items of interest from around the turn of the century. There is also a district school building housing memorabilia and Aboriginal artefacts, and a restored pine log cottage, c1890, Glenleigh. Heritage Hall contains Jericho family treasures and the Bob Dobbins Barbed Wire collection.Approximately 10,000 items, plus photographs. The museum covers 1 hectare, with fourteen buildings - i.e.. Old homes, small...
This historical building holds a collection of local history items and memorabilia relating to whaling, fishing, agriculture and social history. A blacksmith shop is part of the complex, with the upstairs furnished in 1890s style.
The Riddoch Art Gallery is South Australia's only publicly-funded and professionally-staffed regional gallery. It is named in honour of grazier and Philanthropist, John Riddoch, who donated the original collection of early Australian and British works. The focus of the collection is post 1960s Australian art and includes paintings, photographs, graphics, works on paper, textiles, sculpture installations and craftworks. Specialist collections include the Rodney Gooch Collection of Aboriginal art, comprising of over 200 artworks including works by Emily Kame Kngwarreye and paintings,...
The contents of the Museum reflect the life of Kapunda through home, work, sport and farming. The Museum covers some 11,000 square feet depicting all aspects of lifestyles and working life in Kapunda. There are important collections relating to copper mining, manufacture of farm implements, the Hawke Foundry and social life. The Kapunda Museum is managed by the Kapunda Historical Society Inc. See separate Guide listing for their other venue, Bagot's Fortune.20,000 items
A magnificent Northern French Romanesque building. Built in 1866 as the Baptist Church with two floors. This is complimented by an extensive undercover display area for the agricultural, industrial and transport history of Kapunda. Bagot's Fortune is managed by the Kapunda Historical Society Inc. See separate Guide listing for their other venue, the Kapunda Museum.Extensive collection of the social, commercial, industrial and agricultural history of Kapunda.
Founded by Professor John Elliot in 1954, the Classics Museum has grown to comprise a substantial collection of antiquities including representative examples of art and artefacts of ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, Greece, Etruria and Rome. Most notable are 100 Greek vases, many of them fine specimens of painted decoration, and some 500 ancient coins ranging from the invention of coins to the end of the Roman Empire.750 items
The Museum contains may culinary domestic items as well as some antique machinery and office equipment. Medals, coins, clothing, bottles and approximately 1,000 historic photos are displayed at two monthly intervals, as the area only allows for a small percentage to be displayed at one time.250 items; 1,000 photos
The Pilot Station was est. in 1805, the oldest building on site was convict built in 1835 of blue stone rubble walls and convict handmade brick interior, this accommodated 4 pilots and their families and now houses the Maritime Museum, research centre & archives and the Sir Raymond Ferrall Gallery. The other dwellings house visitor accommodation and the Pilot Station crew.Maritime & communication memorabilia, diving suit & air pump, 9 lb cannon, whaling artifacts, items recovered from shipwrecks, signal flags, signal lanterns oil and electric, rope and knot display convict...
The "Old Court House" was built in 1938 and was used as a Court of Petty Sessions until the 1970's and for Council meetings until 1993. The Bruny History Collection was established in 1988 and the History Room opened in 1997. The History Room provides a venue for the community and visiting public to peruse information on Bruny Island's history with subjects arranged in alphabetical order including Aboriginal History, Convicts, Family Trees, Industries, schools, Wars and many others.The collection contains items of yesteryear, local community archival records and photographs...

The Gold Museum performs a dual role as the home of the celebrated Simon collection of gold nuggets and coins, and as the Regional Museum for Ballarat. Permanent and temporary exhibitions exploring the history of the district are presented, encompassing both Ballarat social history and Koori cultural heritage.The Simon Gold Pavilion tells the story of gold throughout the ages, while the recently opened 'Ballarat: Inspired by Gold' exhibition traces the evolution of a grand Victorian city. The multi-media 'Land of the Watha Wurrung' delivers a dramatic interpretation of the region’s Koori...

The Golden Dragon Museum is the first museum in Victoria to become accredited through the museum accreditation program in 1997. The Golden Dragon Museum provides a living history of The Chinese people of Bendigo from the goldrush of the 1850's to the present day. Central to the permanent display is Sun Loong, the longest imperial dragon in the world. The Museum also features one of the finest collections of Chinese processional regalia in the world, and several hundred Chinese coins, some dating back to 221 BC.Approximately 2000 photographs, including objects, embroidery and costumes. A...

Pages