Rural Life

The Museum building was constructed in 1909. It was opened in 1910 as the Gloucester Shire Council Chambers. The Council occupied the building until 1959. It then became a private residence until 1984 when the Gloucester District Historical Society Inc. purchased it. The building is listed in the Register of the National Trust of Australia (NSW).The Society collects and displays objects from the Gloucester District. Objects are, Australian domestic items, textiles, toys, military memorabilia, geological specimens, tools and photographs of activities, events and scenes of the Gloucester
...
Museum is situated in the historic railway station dated 1883. Centre of Nyngan, on the Mitchell Highway, group visit, ex. School's various clubs, meeting place. Audio system's with pioneer tapes. Video on 1990 flood. Reading machine with old local paper dated from 1898 to 1994. Girilambone copper mines display, of types of ore and working. Barber shop. Bob Giddy from 1904. 1969 flood photo and history.History of Nyngan in writing. Photographs, 2 audio, room, tape record.

The Museum is a former Methodist church and rebuilt slab settlers cottage furnished with Australian colonial furniture, mostly home made & original. It contains displays pertaining to the family histories of people from the Laralga district.Local history eg. Machinery used for dairying, potato growing, cropping etc. Photographs of local interest. Books from now closed stores, ledgers etc.

Housed in the East Wing of the historical Bathurst Court House in the centre of the city. Opposite King's Parade, the Carillon, Evans Memorial and Boer War Memorial. Enclosed at the back by the beautiful and historical Machattie Park. In an area surrounded by many well preserved historical buildings in the city's conservation area.Collection of late 19th Century and 20th Century items from Bathurst and surrounding districts. Excellent photographic collection. Excellent collection of rare Ben Chifley memorabilia including many personal items.
The Museum building dates back to C1871 when James Campbell Duff built a general store. The building is the oldest commercial premises in Wingham.Local History as seen in photos, farm equipment, hospital equipment, home life, education, good living, music and wartime. Also a collection of Local and Family History Archives.
The museum building is important due to its age and place in Albury's history. There is an active program of events, talks, and school holiday programs. The museum also collaborates with the local Charles Sturt University and other knowledge based institutions and historical societies. Plans for a purpose-built museum in the city centre as part of a cultural precinct are underway.A varied collection from thimbles to Sunshine harvesters. Approximately 18,000 objects. Two significant collections are the Bonegilla Collection and the McPherson photographic collection.
The Museum of the Riverina has two impressive sites. The first is situated in the former Historic Council Chambers, built in 1881, and converted in 1998 to function as a museum facility. This site is used as a meeting venue - in the former chamber - and as a venue for hosting a regular program of travelling exhibitions.

The second site, adjacent to the Botanic Gardens, was formerly run by the Wagga Wagga & District Historical Society, and opened in 1965. The site was renovated and reopened in September 2001 and contains internal exhibitions and a number of outbuildings. The...
The museum houses the work of the Millthorpe and District Historical Society, who have spent thirty-six years collecting, conserving and displaying district records, artefacts, farm equipment, family history and photographs and domestic appliances. The Society provides Family History research, copies of portraits and material. They promote local history through special events, host family reunions, provide access for school excursions and coach tours, and undertake fund-raising ventures for capital improvements to the museum property.The collection includes; farm machinery, an important...
The Museum of Education consists of two original 1880's school buildings (Pallamallawa and Dumaresq) and a post WWII portable building from the Armidale High School. A weather-shed and a pit toilet complete the ensemble. Each schoolhouse is furnished with authentic school furniture, books, teaching aids and photographs.Of special significance is the collection of early school texts and departmental publications, comprising 6000 volumes. Armidale's Museum of Education is considered to be the most comprehensive collection of educational material held in any university or public collection,...
Dundullimal was built in the 1840s originally as part of a 6,500 hectare squatting run. The timber slab homestead is sophisticated in its T-shape plan and fine cedar joinery. Stone stables, stockyards and the remnants of a 19th century garden all help make this a fascinating visit.
The property, established in the 1830s, was developed by F.J. White, a member of one of Australia's significant pastoral families. A visit to Saumarez Homestead brings to life the world of a pastoral property.The Trust property comprises a two-storey Edwardian mansion, set in elaborate gardens and a rich collection of farm buildings dating from the 1840s to 1950s.
Bundanoon History Group Inc has a collection relevant to Bundanoon dating from 1862. The display is constantly rotated between the stack and display room. The collection contains photos, newspaper articles, essays and letters - of particular interest are those of Jordan's Crossing.The collection is mainly paper records: both text and photographs. There are photographs of schools and school children, class rolls covering almost 150 years of a village where agriculture, timber and coal industries flourished. Contemporary information is also collected.
Nine buildings housing items of historical interest to Walcha and the surrounding district. There is the Museum, Original Pioneer Cottage, Wool Museum, Tiger Moth Aeroplane Hangar. Walcha is situated on the Southern New England Tablelands and was discovered in 1818 and settled from 1832 - 1839. The local history centre houses an extensive collection of maps, books, ledgers, photographs and memorabilia about Walcha and the surrounding districts.Local community archival records and photographs, clothing collection, small Aboriginal artefact collection and Dendroglyph plus pioneer and...
Rockhampton Art Gallery is the major gallery in the region. We run touring exhibitions, film nights, workshops for adults and children and art appreciation workshops. The gallery space is used by various groups such as poetry and music, chamber music and drama groups.The Gallery has an extensive collection of two dimensional and three dimensional Australian artworks, particularly from the 50's, 60's and 70's era and we are increasing our contemporary collection. We have, in the past, collected many landscape and figurative images and are now broadening the themes to include urban subject...
The Museum was the old Muttaburra Hospital. Half of the Museum is a medical museum (as it was); the other half focuses on the local area, displaying the history of Muttaburra and places of interest.Approximately 1200 items and approximately 200 photographs
As part of the North Pine Country Park Historic Precinct, operated by the Pine Rivers Shire Council, our all volunteer society operates the boiler house to keep alive the machines which helped to bring industry and prosperity to our state. It provides a unique learning experience for members and visitors alike.The boiler house has a unique collection of large steam engines, plus a number of smaller ones, that run on live steam. It also includes a 1900 traction engine, numerous old stationary engines and tractors, trucks and other memorabilia.
The Museum is housed in six buildings whose sections deal with roadside relics, old tools, the old shop, dairy, washing and ironing, household goods, clocks, telephones, lights, wireless, old hospital, pottery, jewellery and toys. The proprietor, John Menzies works in the museum as a harness maker, wheelwright, coach builder, mule skinner and blacksmith. He demonstrates his skills in these areas, as well as the working collection of horse gear and horse-drawn vehicles to visitors.8,000 items
Pioneer Cottage is a house museum, built in c.1880 of local cedar and beech by the pioneer John Kerle Burnett. Structurally unaltered, the rooms and furnishings are arranged as used by the Burnetts. On display are many household items that were in everyday use. The Burnett family lived in the cottage for more than seventy years. The displays reflect their early lifestyle and the living alterations they made as times changed. The Sibyl Vise Museum Room provides visitors with the opportunity to browse through photographs and read about the history of Buderim. At the rear of the cottage a slab...
This extensive collection of local and Darling Downs history features a large display of memorabilia. The Allora and District Historical Society also has a second museum, the Old Shire Hall. This is located on the corner of Forde and Warwick streets. It provides facilities for reading and research as well as special displays. The Museum is open on the 4th Saturday in each month as well as by appointment. Admission is also $1.50.Approximately 10,000 items and 2,500 photographs
The Winton and District Historical Society have operated the Qantilda Museum since 1972. The members of the society are volunteers who donate their time to help educate people about the pioneers who built the outback. During the 28 year existence of the historical society a huge collection of outback memorabilia and artworks have been accumulated, documented and set out in such a way as to educate people on the livelihood of the aboriginal inhabitants and, the livelihood of the districts settlers and their descendants. A reading room, which is frequently updated, provides an immense...

Pages