Steam Machinery

The Museum, fully accredited by the History Trust of South Australia, tells the story of Millicent town and district through displays based on six themes: Aboriginal, Early Transport (sea, horse drawn, rail), Agricultural, Way of Life, Drainage, Forestry and the Timber Industry. These displays are set out in four main buildings on a one acre site on Highway One.Approximately 9,000 items
This display consists of a collection of tractors, engines and steam engines from 1916; veteran, vintage and classic cars and trucks; a 1942 General Grant tank; various aircraft engines; and household memorabilia from the turn of the century. It is housed in a large shed on a farm property off the Barrier Highway, approximately halfway between Adelaide and Broken Hill.70 tractors, 20 stationary engines and 10 veteran and vintage cars
Hope Cottage is one of three built in 1857 by the Calnan family, later to become known as Faith, Hope and Charity. The Museum holds a collection of photographs, books, shipwreck articles, tractors, engines and farm machinery (some restored to working order). A tower in the grounds carries the light transferred from Tippera Reef to Cape Willoughby in 1922. There is also a working model of a eucalyptus still and a working windmill.A wide variety of different articles from early Kangaroo Island. The cottage has the normal things found in a home in the early days including the first piano...
A local and social history museum depicting the heritage of Wallaroo. Main themes: copper mining and smelting period (1861-1923) History of the port of Wallaroo since 1861. General local history - sport, entertainment, industry, civic affairs and religion. Located in the first post office building 1865-1910. Has been Museum building since 1975.Over 3,000 exhibits depict the Industrial, Mining, Smelting, Maritime and Social History of the port of Wallaroo. The Museum is also home to the former Tipara Reef Lighthouse (1877-1996) Re-located to the Museum in 2001.
An undercover collection of locomotives and railway vehicles, depicting the history of railways in SA and the Commonwealth Railways. The steam era, railcars and diesel's and all three rail gauges are represented. The museum also contains displays of railway operations and other historic memorabilia associated with railway history.100 railway vehicles, 12,000 photographs and approximately 50,000 documents along with a collection of smaller railway memorabilia, uniforms, clocks, signal lights and signs.
Our Museum covers an undercover area of 2,500 sq metres. It contains an extensive collection of tractors, stationary engines, steam engines plus collections of bottles, tractor seats, magnetos and other early farm memorabilia. Each year we hold a Rally on the last Sunday in March (or the first Sunday in April - to avoid the Easter weekend) when the machines are started and displayed outside.Our collection contains steam engines, vintage and veteran tractors, stationary engines and historic farming equipment.
The enginehouse has been fully restored (1986), apart from the original engine. A scale model (1:16) is fully operational and explained by guides. Videos (x3) provide further relevant information as do information boards on all three floors. Walks outside include; via a restored adit into the retimbered shaft, access to Morphett's Windinghouse, pool, mine offices and cottages, Grave's enginehouse and view of open-cut mine.Model and information boards mentioned above. Scale model of jinker. Mining artefacts, including cabinets inside of more sensitive material (e.g. 1820's pocket bible)....
Our museums goal is to tell the story of ordinary Australian motoring. We are a social history museum with a dynamic exhibition and events program. A scenic drive through the Adelaide hills leads to the small town of Birdwood. Our 3,500 sq metres of pavilions display a collection and interpretation that appeals to the general public as well as enthusiasts.
The National Motor Museum is a Museum of the History Trust of South Australia.The National Motor Museum has the largest collection of motor vehicles of any Museum in the Southern hemisphere. The collection is comprised of cars, trucks...
The museum is located in the repaired ruins of large ornate brick engine houses, built in 1905 for the Beaconsfield "Tasmania" gold mine. This 950sqm space is augmented by a 540sqm new building, outside space and a near-by park depicting the flowery gully school and a miner's cottage. A viewing platform overlooks the surface operational area of the Beaconsfield Mine Joint Venture. Average viewing time for the museum is 1 hour.2,000 items. Relics of Tasmania's largest gold mine 1878-1914, which produced 26 tonnes of gold. Adjacent to a large new mine about to produce gold from the...
A narrow gauge bush railway with 7km of track extending from the main road to a disused jetty near Southport passing scenic and historic sites. At certain times of the year a steam locomotive is used.
Pearn's Steam Museum is a volunteer group dedicated to the restoration and preservation of early agricultural heritage.The collection includes Foden, Birdsall, Fowler, Buffalo Pitts, Avelinga, Porter and Eclipse steam traction engines. Railway memorabilia, stationary engines, associated farm and household tools, implements, tractors, fairground organ, miniature train travel on a 500m loop of the complex.
A photographic museum commemorating the life and work of prominent Hobart photographer John Watt Beattie. It contains black and white photographs of Tasmania between 1890 and 1930.3,000 photographs and corresponding negatives
The Society is devoted to re-opening the scenic and historic Derwent Valley railway for steam and diesel. It provides diesel-electric hauled day excursions to National Park as well as occasional trips to other destinations on the Tasmanian railway network. The Society has three 1951 vintage steam locomotive, 3 1950/1961 vintage diesel electric locomotives, 3 articulated passenger carriages circa 1950, 2 standard carriages of 1940s vintage, and assorted freight wagons.3 locomotives, 5 carriages, assorted freight wagons
A railway museum with working and static exhibits including Tasmania's oldest surviving steam locomotive. Trains run on the hour 10am to 4pm on a scenic line along the Don River to Coles Beach, Devonport. A large and varied collection of steam and diesel locomotives and passenger and revenue stock dating from 1869 to 1954. Stations, Signal box, communication equipment and railway memorabilia.11 x Steam Locomotives ; 7 x Diesel Locomotives and rail cars ; 26 x Passenger/Guards carriages, (50 +) x wagons and flat tray wagons, Railway cranes, extensive collection of tools, engineering equipment...
The "Old Court House" was built in 1938 and was used as a Court of Petty Sessions until the 1970's and for Council meetings until 1993. The Bruny History Collection was established in 1988 and the History Room opened in 1997. The History Room provides a venue for the community and visiting public to peruse information on Bruny Island's history with subjects arranged in alphabetical order including Aboriginal History, Convicts, Family Trees, Industries, schools, Wars and many others.The collection contains items of yesteryear, local community archival records and photographs...
The Museum aims to preserve representative items of transport interest and has developed into an important community asset in the Glenorchy Municipality. The museum caters for the cultural and educational needs of those who live in the area as well as those who find pleasure in Tasmanian transport heritage: those enthusiasts for whom past forms of transport and associated memorabilia have a particular fascination. The museum operates train rides on the first and third Sunday of each month.The collection includes steam locomotives; rail cars and rolling stock; reconstructed railway station...
The permanent display of various steam engines is supplemented by exciting rallies each May and November.Large collection of restored steam engines, traction engines, steam rollers, internal combustion engines, farm tractors, restored farm cottage displaying old wares etc, working 90 tonne steam shovel, working steam powered 'power' generating display.
The Puffing Billy Railway is assisted by the efforts of over 700 volunteers from the Puffing Billy Preservation Society. The Society has over 1,000 members and these people help in the daily running of our world famous railway.5 Operating 'NA' Class Locomotives, 1 Climax Locomotive, 1 Beckett Locomotive, 2 De Caulville Locomotives, 3 Diesels, 36 Carriages, 10 Fright Wagons.
The authentic site and buildings of this inland port which feature an historic red gum wharf. The collection includes a fleet of barges, original river paddle-steamers, railway carriages, locomotives and a selection of allied steam machinery. A museum shed houses a variety of maritime artefacts. Cruises are available on three working steamers.Approximately 3 working historic steamers plus a museum shed with artefacts
Scienceworks is a dynamic interactive science and technology museum combining the newly built Melbourne Planetarium. Scienceworks encourages visitors to 'Get A Grasp of Science and Technology' by creating a range of interactive experiences that are enjoyable and educational through its range of high quality programs, services and facilities offered. This venue also features Melbourne's magnificent nineteenth century sewage pumping station.50,000 objects plus 200,000 two-dimensional items

Pages