Tools

The Museum building was constructed in 1909. It was opened in 1910 as the Gloucester Shire Council Chambers. The Council occupied the building until 1959. It then became a private residence until 1984 when the Gloucester District Historical Society Inc. purchased it. The building is listed in the Register of the National Trust of Australia (NSW).The Society collects and displays objects from the Gloucester District. Objects are, Australian domestic items, textiles, toys, military memorabilia, geological specimens, tools and photographs of activities, events and scenes of the Gloucester
...
The Museum building dates back to C1871 when James Campbell Duff built a general store. The building is the oldest commercial premises in Wingham.Local History as seen in photos, farm equipment, hospital equipment, home life, education, good living, music and wartime. Also a collection of Local and Family History Archives.
The Liverpool Museum was established in 1989 and aims to preserve and promote Liverpool's history and cultural heritage through historical collections, exhibitions and public programs. They explore changing cultural experiences of local people - ways of living, working and believing (in workplaces, homes and communities).

Items from the past are used extensively in Museum exhibitions and public programs - community addresses, education programs and publications.

The Museum includes historic Collingwood House, which dates from 1810 and was the home of Nantucket whaling...
The museum is currently housed in the former Young Public School, built in 1883. Originally opened in the town library in 1967 by the Young Historical Society, formed in 1958, the museum later moved to larger premises in the old Presbyterian Church building that was unfortunately destroyed to make way for a restaurant. The museum then moved to the Young Public School.Collection items total tens of thousands and have various points of interest. Displays include a collection of fashion items dating from 1854, war memorabilia and items from the Old Young Gaol. Also, a number of trades and...
The Museum of the Riverina has two impressive sites. The first is situated in the former Historic Council Chambers, built in 1881, and converted in 1998 to function as a museum facility. This site is used as a meeting venue - in the former chamber - and as a venue for hosting a regular program of travelling exhibitions.

The second site, adjacent to the Botanic Gardens, was formerly run by the Wagga Wagga & District Historical Society, and opened in 1965. The site was renovated and reopened in September 2001 and contains internal exhibitions and a number of outbuildings. The...
The Glen Innes area is the Traditional Tribal Lands of the Ngoorabul Aboriginal people. This centre is the home of the Cooramah Aboriginal Art Gallery and Keeping Place, where
local indigenous artworks and artefacts are on display for public viewing. Centre is situated on the New England Highway and had ample parking. The centre has a 60 seat restaurant with an Australian and also Bush Tucker menu (koori Cuisine Restaurant)Local artefacts (boomerangs etc), traditional stone tools, locally produced contemporary art.
Collection of photographs of early fishing, timber and shipping industries in the area. Files of early pioneer families and local history. Early timber-working tools and domestic artefacts.1910 Heritage listed post office building; artefacts pertaining to the area. Emphasis on collecting old photographs and local history research
Inverell Transport Museum was formed to display Veteran, Classic and Antique vehicles for the locals and visitor to our district. Inverell is classed a one of the go ahead antique car clubs of the state. A virtually new building of 3800suare metres of concrete construction was available from the Shire Council. Help was freely given by the local council, the Business Enterprise Centre, and local service clubs. An area of 3ha is available for our annual car show. Groups of car enthusiasts from Queensland, NSW and Victoria are making use of the museum for their tours with teas and meals...
Our mission is to seek out and archive all materials, resources and artefacts which contribute to an understanding and appreciation of the history of the Granville district and to provide researchers access to this material. The Society has a fine reference and resource library for the district and operates from the Granville Neighbourhood Centre.Granville Historical Society Inc. has an extensive library which contains numerous publications relating to the history of Granville: its environs, people, places and events. The artefacts collection consists of over six hundred items which reflect...
The Powerhouse Museum Research Library collection, services and staff expertise provide a rich research resource for museum staff, library visitors and colleagues in the cultural sector. The Research Library collection dates from the establishment of the museum in 1880. The collection is diverse and reflects the changing research requirements from the past and anticipates future research needs. The library collects to support exhibition development, publication production, education programmes, museology and corporate information needs.The research Library collection reflects the interests...
Nine buildings housing items of historical interest to Walcha and the surrounding district. There is the Museum, Original Pioneer Cottage, Wool Museum, Tiger Moth Aeroplane Hangar. Walcha is situated on the Southern New England Tablelands and was discovered in 1818 and settled from 1832 - 1839. The local history centre houses an extensive collection of maps, books, ledgers, photographs and memorabilia about Walcha and the surrounding districts.Local community archival records and photographs, clothing collection, small Aboriginal artefact collection and Dendroglyph plus pioneer and...
The Museum was the old Muttaburra Hospital. Half of the Museum is a medical museum (as it was); the other half focuses on the local area, displaying the history of Muttaburra and places of interest.Approximately 1200 items and approximately 200 photographs
As part of the North Pine Country Park Historic Precinct, operated by the Pine Rivers Shire Council, our all volunteer society operates the boiler house to keep alive the machines which helped to bring industry and prosperity to our state. It provides a unique learning experience for members and visitors alike.The boiler house has a unique collection of large steam engines, plus a number of smaller ones, that run on live steam. It also includes a 1900 traction engine, numerous old stationary engines and tractors, trucks and other memorabilia.
The Museum is housed in six buildings whose sections deal with roadside relics, old tools, the old shop, dairy, washing and ironing, household goods, clocks, telephones, lights, wireless, old hospital, pottery, jewellery and toys. The proprietor, John Menzies works in the museum as a harness maker, wheelwright, coach builder, mule skinner and blacksmith. He demonstrates his skills in these areas, as well as the working collection of horse gear and horse-drawn vehicles to visitors.8,000 items
This is a rural museum which tries to preserve a way of life from early settlement. A collection of early farm machinery, tractors, wool presses, blacksmithing tools, picture show projectors and dairy equipment is on display. Corn threshing by machine and by hand is demonstrated on open day, as well as rope making and spinning.300 documents, 200 photographs, 100 farm machines, 20 Aboriginal artefacts
The museum is situated in ten hectares of parkland and houses a vast display of mining era memorabilia: housing, dairy display, mining equipment etc. It also features a railway museum and a light horse museum. The winding engine operates under steam a minimum of four times a year.Over 4,000 items
The Winton and District Historical Society have operated the Qantilda Museum since 1972. The members of the society are volunteers who donate their time to help educate people about the pioneers who built the outback. During the 28 year existence of the historical society a huge collection of outback memorabilia and artworks have been accumulated, documented and set out in such a way as to educate people on the livelihood of the aboriginal inhabitants and, the livelihood of the districts settlers and their descendants. A reading room, which is frequently updated, provides an immense...
The Zara Clarke Museum is housed in a late nineteenth century commercial building of size and scale unusual in Queensland country towns. The museum contains items pertaining to the history of Charters Towers. The large collection includes early transport vehicles, documents and domestic items.

The Gift Shop and office of the Charters Towers Branch of the National Trust of Queensland are also located in the Zara Clarke Museum.
The Museum is a heritage style building with a large veranda, the building is situated within a lovely park setting. The Museum presents a comprehensive series of displays, including an Aboriginal interpretive display, early pioneers and settlers hut, and a valuable collection of historical memorabilia. An early fire cart, a turn of the century telephone exchange and rail ambulance are but a few of the interesting exhibits on display. A new display on Mount Mulligan reflects the history on the 1921 mining disaster. Also a purpose built blacksmith shop at the rear of the Museum now shows cases...
The museum represents the social and natural history of Eumundi through displays and historical documentation. The museum has digitised it's photographic collection and provides access to these images through a computer situated within the museum. Further records are added regularly. The museum is situated in the former Methodist church, built in 1911.300 objects, 200 natural history specimens, 2 500 photographs. The Eumundi Historical Museum contains social history collections, family history documentation, a comprehensive natural history collection and an extensive collection of historical...

Pages