Tools

The building was a court house and then police station in Mt Chalmers, re-located to Emu Park in 1986. The collection comprises historical data of the town and district from its inception and includes photographs, artefacts, a library of rare books, collection of sea shells and coloured sands, rocks, crockery, relics, coins, family histories, military memorabilia, dolls and tools.Estimated 2,350 items plus 200 photographs
Historical railway artefacts, housed in Bundaberg's original station building, surrounding by other historical railway building and rolling stock. Large collection of items used by railway staff in past days, photos, plans and drawings, rule books, driving manuals, appendix and daily work books as used in years gone by. Members participate at local functions by displaying and operating individual pieces.The collection provides as well as the obvious large physical static items, a great documentation and photographic history records collection. Our library section contains books and videos...
The museum features extensive local history collections, a large photographic collection depicting the history of Noosa Shire and a display of Aboriginal artefacts. The museum occupies the original shire council chambers built in 1910, and is situated in an historic timber town.
This historic building (built in 1890) was the home of Henry Plantagenet and Katherine Rose Somerset. Henry was a member of Parliament from 1904-1920. Caboonbah is now the headquarters of the Brisbane Valley Historical Society Inc, and the complex consists of seven buildings: Caboonbah Homestead, Cement Building, Caretakers Cottage (private), the original Worker's Cottage, McGrath Cottage, Police Station and Cell Block. A telemetric service was provided from Caboonbah after the 1893 floods and is still on site and in use.600 collections
Constructed completely out of timber, Wood Works is operated in partnership by the Queensland Department of Primary Industries and the Queensland Museum. The wide range of static and working displays include a steam-driven sawmill; bullock drays, timber snigging and haulage wagons; pit saw and crosscut saw demonstration area; a working blacksmith's shop; timber cutter's bark hut; a 1925 Republic winch truck; a springboard display; and pioneering forest hand tools display. On various occasions throughout the year WoodWorks runs steam-driven sawmill days which demonstrates the operations of a...
The Morven Historical Museum is housed in three buildings. A slab hut is used for machinery and hardware and such larger articles as an old manual wool press and stores a miscellaneous collection of old books and photographs, and local artefacts. The second building features a unique collection of finally crafted miniature buildings that were to be found in Morven in the early 1900's. Displayed in the third building is the Davey Packman working steam engine. These buildings are typical of many early Australian settlements and together depict the social history of Morven in this bygone era....
The Cooktown Museum is a museum of maritime history with a focus on Cape York/Torres Strait Islands and the surrounding regions. The museum's collection is a tribute to seafaring men who brought civilisation to the Far North. The pioneering history, the gold rush, early cyclones, early discovery, shipping and Chinese migration are just some of the themes depicted in the museum's collection.The collection consists of over 300 photographs and newspaper cuttings; 600 marine specimens including a shell collection; 11 model ships; 5 anchors; 2 gold skips; 8 canoes and other maritime memorabilia.
Greycliffe is a wooden slab-construction 6-room homestead, originally constructed in the 1870s. This building is the main focus of the historical society's activities, as it houses a collection of furniture, utensils, photographs, documents and machinery that pertain to the history of the Callide Valley. Tours of Greycliffe are available by appointment. As well as the homestead, there is a blacksmith shop, and a shed housing the bullock dray, tip dray etc.Approximately 150-200 items (including photographs)
The Museum is derived from Britain's first social history museum. It was founded in 1934 in England and was brought to Australia after World War II. After nearly 40 years of storage, it now occupies a new building opened in 1986 near Bribie Island, 40 kilometres North of Brisbane. A fine arts and archaeology museum, the museum's collections cover the history of humankind over the last 500,000 years with original artefacts from Europe, Asia, America and Africa and limited collections from Australia. They include works of art, ceramics, glass, metalwork, textiles, sculpture and paper. Each year...
Railco is a non profit company devoted to restoring and running steam trains. The Ravenshoe railway line is a full size, operating steam railway with original railway infrastructure and buildings. The train runs along the highest track in Queensland - a steeply graded and sharply curved pioneer line through hilly forested countryside. The railway features five first class fully restored timber carriages and a D17 tank engine "Capella". The 7km tourist trip takes one hour.8km track, 4 timber bridges, two locomotives, 15 items of rolling stock etc.
The Museum records the social history of South East Queensland since European settlement. Cleveland was one of the earliest settled areas and for a hundred years was a thriving farming community specialising in fruit and vegetables for the Brisbane area. The Museum presents a range of topics across a total display space of over 1300m2. Travelling exhibitions, community displays and in-house short term exhibitions frequent the temporary space of 74m2.Horse drawn vehicles, farming machinery, textiles and costumes, household equipment, maritime history, WWI & II memorabilia, medical and...
Innisfail museum is housed in the old School of Arts building and occupies two rooms. The collection relates to local history and contains items from all facets of life from the early settlement of Geraldton (name later changed to Innisfail after confusion with Geraldton in Western Australia). Items include personal possessions; rural, recreational, medical, biological, Aboriginal and Chinese artefacts; and a number of early photographs showing cyclone and flood damage, local industries and life in a tropical town.Approximately 2,500 objects and 1,500 photographs
The Museum was established in a Pioneer house by the owner, Ms Olive Wieland, as a children's project in 1990. A Morning Star Chapel was begun for children 12 years ago. The Museum complements the Chapel, which is in the front room of the house. It contains an antique organ, table and chair and pews. The Museum includes a range of shells, pictures, wood specimens, household items and many items used on farms from the 1920s and earlier.Original farm implements, Horse drawn plow and other horse drawn farming equipment.
Housed in the relocated old Tolga Railway Station, the Tolga Historical Society have a collection of photographs depicting life during World War II, when Tolga was a major base for troops and for an ambulance train, as well as photos of the activities of the local saw mills which have now ceased operations. Other photos depict local maize farming activities and the building of the nearby maize silos. New showcases have recently been constructed to hold the exhibits. Railway apparatus from the original station is still intact.
Social history displays of items of cultural and historic interest in a building of historic significance (former School of Arts - National Trust listed). Specialising in photographic displays with large collection of originals and copies. Also needlework and lace artefacts.3500 photographs and continually growing - predominantly on the Maryborough Burnett region, 3000 books, hundreds of files. Wedding gowns 1890-1910.
The collection is housed in the National Bank building, built at Barcaldine in 1906. Other buildings include a wagon shed, furnished single man's railway quarters and an unusual two storey building built in 1900, which was the bookkeeper/manager's office at Westbourne wool scour. A miniature train is available for rides on the last Sunday of the month from March to October. Morning tea and a barbecue lunch are available on these family days. A Railway Guard's van, once the Barcaldine Information Centr, serves as an office and storage for historical archives relating to Barcaldine and...
The Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre recalls those familiar features of the Australian landscape - corrugated iron roofs, water tanks, silos, wool sheds and shady verandahs. The interior features a vaulted ceiling and displays designed to reflect the wide-open spaces, colour and character of the outback landscape they celebrate.

The Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre has now proven itself to be the envisaged tourism destination. Longreach is a pivotal point on the Tropic of Capricorn, linking the Reef in the east with...
The Queensland Museum is an innovative, exciting and accessible museum of science, human achievement and social history, of international standing, reaching out to all Queenslanders. Through excellence in communication, collection, interpretation and research, the Museum displays and publications bring significant times, peoples and places to life.2,250,000 specimens
The Museum consists of two large corrugated iron sheds. Displayed in these we have heavy agricultural machinery, farming equipment and other large and smaller items relating to a dairying district. Despite this the museum is not crowded. Also displayed, in glass cabinets we have crockery, glassware, bric-a-brac, sewing articles and three rooms depicting the 1930's - 1940's style of living. Our small items and photo room contains many records, fabrics and various documents. We have a great collection of transcripts of taped interviews with long time residents of Rosalie Shire. We have...
The museum building was formerly a Scared Heart Convent of the Sisters of Mercy; two story timber 15mts x 25mts, internal walls are stained with tongue and groove crow's ash (1946). Yarraman Railway Station (1913) and Arthur Brown's butcher shop (c.1920). The grounds contain a scrub/rainforest area, farm machinery, plant shade house, water wise garden and unique water tank system from convent days. The total area is 1.2 hectares.The collection started in October 1997. Yarraman Heritage Centre has a wide range of community involvement, manly because of the necessity to attract large fundings...

Pages