Tools

The home was built for William Moyle, a Cornwall engineer who operated the adjacent cordial factory and public baths. It is made of local stone with ironwork and illustrates turn of the century well-to-do living. The house is heritage listed and displays a wide range of collections, including period costumes, stained glass, furniture, household appliances, and a doll display. A brochure is available which provides fuller details.Thousands of artefacts including 1,000 pair of salt and pepper shakers, 2,500 dolls, 600 teddy bears
The Museum is in the former Railway Station, built in 1885, and adjacent goods shed; it was opened in 1971 the centenary year of Jamestown and district. Items in the Museum Collection have been donated by the local people & they all recall a past way of life. The display highlights people and events unique to Jamestown local people expect the museum to be the custodians of archival items donated by them, so the collection has changed as we have noticed an increasing interest in local and family history.The Museum has a diverse collection of household items and other things connected to...
The Museum is housed in Clare's first public building (1851) for Police Barracks and Courthouse. Holds collections of clothing, artefacts, local early records and photographs (copies can be ordered), wagons and farm implements. Clare is one of Australia's important wine producing area with 38 wineries in the area, approx 136km from Adelaide by road.Approx. 2000 photographs pf pioneers - pioneer clothing and domestic farming artefacts.
The Streaky Bay Museum is housed in the old school. It includes the family history of the Campbell family (1864), the Kelsh family (1860) Kelsh pioneer pug and pine cottage, the Freeman family (1856) and Mudge family 1855, as well as machinery dating back to the 1880s.A large collection of great variey. Furniture, household items, farm machinery, historic buildings, horse drawn vehicles, vintage cars and medical artefacts and instruments.. The collection is a source of local history of people and their way of life through the years.
The Museum emphasises the influence of local manufacturers and Roseworthy Campus on the development of dry land farming techniques, but includes allied subjects such as dairying, shearing and blacksmithing. It also has working tractors, stationary engines and participatory displays.700 items
Wheel righting, forge welding and blacksmithing were undertaken in this workshop by the Excell family. The workshop is complete in its original state from the 1905 and 1935 era. Objects in the workshop include an original D.C welder, forge, wheelwright section, upsetting machine, and the Brattenizing Plough, patented and built by Excell in Tumby Bay and widely used in South Australia.200 items
This historical building holds a collection of local history items and memorabilia relating to whaling, fishing, agriculture and social history. A blacksmith shop is part of the complex, with the upstairs furnished in 1890s style.
The enginehouse has been fully restored (1986), apart from the original engine. A scale model (1:16) is fully operational and explained by guides. Videos (x3) provide further relevant information as do information boards on all three floors. Walks outside include; via a restored adit into the retimbered shaft, access to Morphett's Windinghouse, pool, mine offices and cottages, Grave's enginehouse and view of open-cut mine.Model and information boards mentioned above. Scale model of jinker. Mining artefacts, including cabinets inside of more sensitive material (e.g. 1820's pocket bible)....
The Museum occupies three rooms which were originally the residential part of the Old Police Station. It contains a comprehensive collection of general artefacts and personal items, many of which came from the family of John Harvey who founded Salisbury in 1848. Because Salisbury was originally a farming community there are many farming relics; a complete blacksmith's shop, a display on the town's flour mill, and numerous household items. There is also an extensive photograph library.400 items; 500 photographs
A magnificent Northern French Romanesque building. Built in 1866 as the Baptist Church with two floors. This is complimented by an extensive undercover display area for the agricultural, industrial and transport history of Kapunda. Bagot's Fortune is managed by the Kapunda Historical Society Inc. See separate Guide listing for their other venue, the Kapunda Museum.Extensive collection of the social, commercial, industrial and agricultural history of Kapunda.
The museum's focus is on railway siganlling & safe working, telegraphic communications, aviation communications & navigation, and aviation pioneers, particularly of South Australia. Our state's Air Force heritage is honoured with special displays of model aircraft, uniforms, photographs and memorabilia. Emphasis is placed on working displays throughout the museum. There are extensive library resources.One building with courtyard displays. Railway signal equipment, aviation electronics equipment, aviation pioneers display, photographs, memorabilia. Home of the Civil Aviation Historical...
Historical Museum. 1840's two storey house with tower built by John Newman, an old Etonian. Four outbuildings and garden. General articles of history of the community, Victorian furniture, a 1/2 scale model of the "Endeavour", photographs, the services memorabilia, children's toys, special displays, lace, tools of trades, carpentry teacher aids, laundry, wireless. In large pavilion 2 fire engines, Holden cars, interactive workshop, joinery, machinery, interactive Woodville station railway signal equipment. In upstairs of house - year 2002, special display "below decks" of...
Bluey Blundstone's Blacksmith shop was built in 1865 in Melrose, South Australia. Melrose is the oldest town in the Flinders Ranges, first settled with the discovery of copper in 1846. This is just 10 years after South Australia was proclaimed a state. For some time Melrose was the most Northerly judicial, commercial, educational, religious and postal centre, serving the huge expanse known as 'The Far North'. The substantial size, architectural style and unique double forge reflect the importance of Blueys to these local and regional activities. The entire complex has been lovingly and...
The museum is a National Trust property. It is located on the remains of the Bon Accord Mine site and incorporates the original mine office and workshop (c1859) The Bon Accord Mine commenced operations in 1846 and ceased in 1863. There were many years of inactivity during this period as no payable copper deposits were found. The display in the mine office includes boards with comprehensive information, photographs, mining relics, ore samples and the office pay table from the Monster (Burra Burra) Mine. There are two models featured in the museum - one of a Horsewhim, the other of "...
Our museums goal is to tell the story of ordinary Australian motoring. We are a social history museum with a dynamic exhibition and events program. A scenic drive through the Adelaide hills leads to the small town of Birdwood. Our 3,500 sq metres of pavilions display a collection and interpretation that appeals to the general public as well as enthusiasts.
The National Motor Museum is a Museum of the History Trust of South Australia.The National Motor Museum has the largest collection of motor vehicles of any Museum in the Southern hemisphere. The collection is comprised of cars, trucks...
The complex is comprised of a stone courthouse, police station, police horse stables and original lock-up. Established in 1848, it played an important role in the development of the district. Exhibitions are also displayed in two modern buildings on site.The early police and judiciary are the main themes of our museum exhibition, supported by displays dealing with early settlement in the area. We also have extensive historic photographic and paper (documents etc) collections.
Oldest 2 story commercial premises, Built 1875. Underground Bakehouse. Old grocery Shop, Victoriana displays, music room, kitchen, bedroom. Dressmaking establishment, photo gallery, laundry/bathroom. Ironmongery room. Currently establishing large display of items from horse drawn era, in custom built shed, everything is represented of local history, books, histories, photo's and artefacts, outside display of farming equipment, tractors, wagons ect.Local archives and photos, farming machinery from the past, furniture, china, glass, musical instruments, household items each area has a...
The museum is located in the repaired ruins of large ornate brick engine houses, built in 1905 for the Beaconsfield "Tasmania" gold mine. This 950sqm space is augmented by a 540sqm new building, outside space and a near-by park depicting the flowery gully school and a miner's cottage. A viewing platform overlooks the surface operational area of the Beaconsfield Mine Joint Venture. Average viewing time for the museum is 1 hour.2,000 items. Relics of Tasmania's largest gold mine 1878-1914, which produced 26 tonnes of gold. Adjacent to a large new mine about to produce gold from the...
Main Street Burnie as it was in 1900 at the height of the towns first Economic boom is regarded in this bustling street and include an INN, Dentist's Surgery, A Home, Carpenters, Printery, General Store and Saddlery. Authentic 19th Century materials, colours and Architectural styles have been used in the reconstruction.The collection was established in 1942 and consists of photographs, charts, clothing, tools, personal effects and furnishings.
The display in the foyer of the headquarters of the Australian Antarctic Division (AAD) contains artefacts from the heroic age of Antarctic exploration. The focus is on Australian National Antarctic Research Expeditions (ANARE) from 1947 onwards and current Antarctic research. The AAD manages Australian government activity in Antarctica, provides transport and logistic support, maintains the four permanent Australian research stations, and conducts and manages scientific research programs both on land and in the Southern Ocean.

Pages