Onslow Museum is housed in The Old Goods Shed which was transported over by Camel Train from the Old Town of Onslow in 1925. As it is an Historical Building it has been classified by the National Trust. Many larger items, such as the train and carriage used in transport of goods from the jetty, are on The wool ramps adjacent to the building.Artifacts relating to the pioneering days of the Onslow and surrounding Ashburton/ Pilbara district, plus a collection of photographs.
The Museum is housed in the Old Police Station, Prison and Courthouse complex. The building was erected in 1870, with extensions being completed in 1873. The original building comprised a court room, police station, cell block and living quarters, and was built from locally-quarried limestone; the walls are some 450mm thick, constructed in the coarse random rubble style. The roof, which was originally wooden shingle, has been replaced by corrugated iron. A sample of the original shingles is displayed in the exhibition.

The Irwin District Historical Society have another museum located at Russ...
The J S Battye of West Australian History is part of the State Library of Western Australia. The Battye Library, as it is more commonly known, has prime responsibility for collecting and preserving published and original materials of relevance to Western Australia. It holds the most comprehensive collection of Western Australian documentary heritage materials in the world.The collections of the Battye Library include Private Archives which holds original papers documenting the concerns and activities of Western Australia's private sector; the Pictorial collection containing approximately...
The building is the first permanent Courthouse in the Eastern Goldfields. It is part of the block of government buildings which is comprised of the Courthouse, Mining Registrar Offices and residences, Post Office and Residences. Construction commenced in 1892. The foundations are of local stone cemented together with mud. The walls are of locally made mud bricks.
Located in the grounds of the Old Timers Village the Museum is half way between Alice Springs CBD and the airport. Old Timers began in the early 1950's as part of Rev Dr John Flynn's dream of, "a mantle of safety" for people of the inland, a place where they could retire in comfort and receive medical attention. Today it consists of nursing home, hostel, independent living units, day therapy centre and Museum.

It was the dream of another man in the 1960's that saw the Museum created. Then manager of Old Timers, John Blakeman, concerned that the history of Central Australia was disappearing...
Housed in a historic 110yr old building, this museum contains photographs of development in the Northern Territory, Chinese relics, minerals, war years, communications, mining and social history. The museum also holds the only photographic collection of the Pine Creek area.Items have been donated to the Pine Creek National Trust Museum by many people in the area. The museum displays many items relating to early settlement, an extensive bottle and mineral collection, war relics, Chinese household goods, photographs and text.
We are still an operating Royal Flying Doctor Base. The museum is housed in a heritage listed building. We have an original Traeger Pedal Radio along with more old radios. There is a collection of medical equipment. Also on display are two model aircraft.medium
The museum is housed in the original terminal for the Department of Civil Aviation. It contains collections and artefacts, photographs and historical items relating to the Katherine region. The Clyde Fenton Hangar houses the Gypsy Moth aircraft and photographs and text pertaining to Dr Clyde Fenton. The Skillion Shed houses artefacts, photographs and text pertaining to the farming industry of the region.Approx. 1 500 items and 2 000 photographs.
In 1879 Alfred Giles, who was overlanding for Springvale near Katherine, carried out the first sinking endeavours at Bonney Well. The Telegraph Department completed the work in 1884. Further alterations occurred in 1892, with the well being abandoned in 1936. Bonney Well is one of the last remaining original water improvements on the Overland Telegraph Line and stock route.
The Strehlow Research Centre was built by the Northern Territory Government to safely house the Strehlow Collection which is used as a cultural resource by aboriginal people, academic researchers and interested members of the general public when appropriate and, if necessary, sanctioned by aboriginal elders.The Strehlow Research Centre, established in 1991 under the Strehlow Research Centre Act, serves as a keeping place for cultural material relating to the aboriginal people of central Australia. The collection was accumulated between 1932 and 1978 and reflects both a sacred and open range...