Archives

The Museum is housed in the old power-station building, situated directly opposite the peanut silos in the town's Heritage Precinct. Other historic displays are located in Shire's earliest Council chambers and in Carroll's Cottage (the first building constructed in Kingaroy).The Museum's collection includes machinery used in local agriculture and the district's peanut industry. There is also a collection of tools used in trades such as carpentry, blacksmithing, dairying and the timber industry, as well as household items. The Museum also holds photos and a limited local archival records.
The Yugambeh Museum is a local history museum researching, documenting and presenting the language, history and culture of the traditional Aboriginal people of the region.Archival records, photographs, objects (traditional and contemporary) language resources.
Local council Art Gallery. Supporting Artists and craft people of the south Bucneil area. At any one time the gallery looks at 35 artists. The gallery conducts Workshops, Art Classes throughout the year. Also competition art from time to time.A collection building each year with many good pieces "Mary Edward Burnice - Eric Jollife - Herts Castons - David Bryce". Also ceramics and woodcarvings by David Bryce. Also the Bryce Archives (1916 - 2000).
Established in 1960, Queensland Ballet is the oldest professional ballet company in Australia and one of only three professional ballet companies in the country today. The Company maintains an archive and the collection is housed in The Thomas Dixon Centre for Dance, a heritage-listed historic building in Brisbane's West End which is the headquarters of Queensland Ballet and the Queensland Dance School of Excellence.

It is not a borrowing library, but access is available during office hours and facilities are available to photocopy or scan required material at a minimal cost....
We are a community based not-for-profit organisation who collect and preserve paper-based material that focuses on the history of Charters Towers and the surrounding Dalrymple Shire.Charters Towers and Dalrymple Archives focuses on all aspects of Charters Towers history. The collection contains 2,300 records, 1,500 photographs plus mining records including maps and plans.
Since their arrival in Brisbane on 10th May 1861, the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane Congregation have established a variety of significant health, education, and social welfare programs throughout the state - from Townsville in the north, to Roma in the west, and south to Stanthorpe on the border - and missions in Papua New Guinea and other overseas locations.

The Mercy Heritage Centre is dedicated to preserving the work of the Mercy Sisters, and their well-provenanced history, and maintains collections of relevant artefacts. We also serve as a contact for the Congregational...
The museum is located in what was previously the Unley Fire Station. The Museum collects, preserves, researches and displays items which are relevant to the history of the Unley Council area and which identify its unique character. A permanent display "Unley Remembered" traces the chronological history of the area. Changing exhibitions on a wide range of themes are presented regularly. The ACCESS Gallery provides space for local community groups and organisations to present their own displays.Approximately 3,000 photographs; 4,000 documents; 4,000 artefacts
The Museum is set in the South Australia Police Barracks built in 1914, and depicts the history of crime and deviance, and law enforcement, in South Australia.1000 items
Eight separate buildings: The historic pioneer house, the one teacher school, the blacksmith shop, the Government Shed are equipped. Sheds house the farm machinery, stationary engines and fir engine, while a separate museum centre contains a library, photographic and interpretive displays, taped histories and various documents relating to social history. All in bushland setting.Kimba's local history museum includes pioneer domestic and farming items, stationary engines, harness vehicles and equipment, vintage trucks and tractors, a water conservation model, schooling and communication...
We are situated on the main street in the Old Telegraph station c.1860. Focusing the history of the building and towns history. McKinlays artefacts (explorer)Small archival records, small collection of photographs, telegraphic memorabilia, household items. Gawler's early industrial era. General items of the towns businesses.
The museum is housed in the Hog Bay School building, the third school to be built on the site (1922). The first room you enter is the Maritime Room, this displays the history and shipwrecks of Kangaroo Island. The School Porch houses the displays of schooling. The Schoolroom has displays on Early Settlers, including aboriginal women, agriculture, industry, communications and social and domestic life are portrayed.2,000 items, 700 photographs. The displays are organised in such a way that the visitor quickly gains a feel for the history of Kangaroo Island, especially maritime, education, early...
Housed in the former Moonta Mines School is a collection of historical artefacts relating to the Cornish heritage and settlement of the district. Particular emphasis is placed on copper mining. Numerous records, photographs and microfilm are also held. The Moonta National Trust also operates an historic miner's cottage nearby, and an interpretive tourist railway through the former mine site.20,000 items, 5,000 photographs
Housed in the 1878 former school building, the Museum features a collection of artefacts and photographs relating to the early settlement and development of central Yorke Peninsula, including its Aboriginal, Agricultural and German heritage.Artefacts and photographs relating to early settlement on central Yorke Peninsula. Archives, Farm Machinery.
Port Victoria, the last of the windjammer ports, boasts a Maritime Museum featuring the grain trade and sailing ship era, with its numerous shipwrecks.
Urrbrae House was built in 1890 for Mr Peter Waite by the Adelaide architect Charles Howard Marriott. It was the first house in Adelaide to have red roof tiles, and electric lighting, and it also had an extensive refrigeration plant. The house and grounds are available for public inspection. A museum which outlines the history of the Waite Institute is also being developed nearby.150,000 items including artefacts, photographs and archives
The Museum has a large variety of displays relating to the geology of the district and European settlement. There is also a detailed history of the rocket range and the community lifestyle. The nearby missile park has many rockets and aeroplanes on display which have played an important role in the history of Woomera.Approximately 2,000 items
The Museum is located in a former bakehouse comprising grocer's shop, dining room, kitchen, upstairs bedroom and parlour, wash house, underground bakery, implement sheds and portrait gallery. The bakehouse is a special feature and is historically very important.Approximately 800 items plus large quantity of photographs
Local history of the district from 1880. Special sections on agriculture, entertainment, sports, marine, schools, churches, transport, household items, photographs, maps and books. The museum if also responsible for the care of Stokes Methodist Church and Pioneer Women's Memorial. Caretakers of the Provis Memorial Park. Markers at the sites of early schools and other places of historical interest. Listing of the heritage listed buildings in the area.900 items, 450 photographs. Memorabilia of local - transport, churches, schools, shipping, shops, early settlers, agriculture, entertainment,...
The museum is situated within Defence Centre - Adelaide's Keswick Barracks. The Barracks were established in 1912 when the Army moved from North Terrace, Adelaide, to a fringe parklands area at Keswick. The museum is housed in an original 1912 building near the Anzac Highway entrance gates and is accessible to the general public. It is tri-service, with a collection steadily growing to embrace all aspects of service life - army, navy, air force and women's services - from pre-Federation to the present day. The museum was opened on 30 September 1992.10,000 items of militaria. Approximately 9,...
The museum is situated in a 130 year old building set among others of the same era which formed part of a former gas works. In the museum is a collection of vintage gas appliances, gas making plant and records. The display of items depicts the history of the gas industry in Australia in general and the South Australian Gas Company in particular.

Pages