Archives

Original Glen Innes Hospital (Heritage listed) with over 10,000 displays from local Pioneer families including a slab hut inside the museum; 250,000 (minimum) Archive records on early settlers, businesses, council, properties, 10,000 original photos of early days.WW II memorabilia, slab Hut, Horse drawn vehicles, colonial rooms, costumes from 1800's
The Museum of the Riverina has two impressive sites. The first is situated in the former Historic Council Chambers, built in 1881, and converted in 1998 to function as a museum facility. This site is used as a meeting venue - in the former chamber - and as a venue for hosting a regular program of travelling exhibitions.

The second site, adjacent to the Botanic Gardens, was formerly run by the Wagga Wagga & District Historical Society, and opened in 1965. The site was renovated and reopened in September 2001 and contains internal exhibitions and a number of outbuildings. The...
The museum houses the work of the Millthorpe and District Historical Society, who have spent thirty-six years collecting, conserving and displaying district records, artefacts, farm equipment, family history and photographs and domestic appliances. The Society provides Family History research, copies of portraits and material. They promote local history through special events, host family reunions, provide access for school excursions and coach tours, and undertake fund-raising ventures for capital improvements to the museum property.The collection includes; farm machinery, an important...
State Records preserves the official archives of the state of NSW from 1788 to the present. The State's archives are a unique and irreplaceable part of our culture heritage. They document the business of government in New South Wales and its interaction with people and groups in our society. In addition to the reading room located in the Rocks area there is also a reading room located in Western Sydney: The Western Sydney Records Centre 143 O'Connell Street, Kingswood Telepnone: (02) 9673 1733The collection...
The Spastic Centre was the first organisation of its kind in the world for people with cerebral palsy. The Archives track the development of treatment, education, accommodation and employment services at Mosman and Allambie Heights (Warringah) in Sydney, NSW.The collection consists of: the key administrative records from one of the Centre's founders, Audrie McLeod; photographs from the 1950s to 1980s, fundraising and awareness campaigns, the development and operation of Centre Industries at Allambie Heights; building work at Mosman and Allambie Heights; research reports from overseas visits;...
This local history collection covers Pittwater local government area, and to some extent Manly and Warringah. It includes photographs, books, documents, newspaper cuttings and oral histories.3,500 Photographs, 300 Books, Files, Documents, Oral histories, Maps, Displays
The Blue Mountains Historical Society's premises are on the site of a 50 acre grant of land to John McLaughlin, a Sydney solicitor and member of the Legislative Council in 1879. This historic cottage, "Tarella", which was built by him in 1890, is the oldest cottage on the northern side of Wentworth Falls. The cottage rooms are set up in the period of the early 1900s with many items belonging to the McLaughlin family, who were the sole owners prior to the BMHS ownership in 1988.

The modern premises consist of the Research Centre, which holds over 10,000 local records of...
The Sir Hermann Black Gallery & Sculpture Terrace is owned and run by the University of Sydney Union. The University of Sydney Union is unique in New South Wales in being the only student body to maintain a gallery, sculpture terrace and a large art collection. The Gallery & Sculpture Terrace was established in 1994, and is located on the main campus of Australia's first university, the University of Sydney.

The Gallery runs a regular exhibition program of contemporary Australian and international art, as well as exhibitions of selected works from the Union's 90 year old...
The College of Nursing archival collection contains records pertaining to the college, the development of nursing in Australia as well as individual nurses and other nursing organisation records.The collection consists of mostly paper records and photographs and a large nursing badge collection.
Our mission is to seek out and archive all materials, resources and artefacts which contribute to an understanding and appreciation of the history of the Granville district and to provide researchers access to this material. The Society has a fine reference and resource library for the district and operates from the Granville Neighbourhood Centre.Granville Historical Society Inc. has an extensive library which contains numerous publications relating to the history of Granville: its environs, people, places and events. The artefacts collection consists of over six hundred items which reflect...
Bundanoon History Group Inc has a collection relevant to Bundanoon dating from 1862. The display is constantly rotated between the stack and display room. The collection contains photos, newspaper articles, essays and letters - of particular interest are those of Jordan's Crossing.The collection is mainly paper records: both text and photographs. There are photographs of schools and school children, class rolls covering almost 150 years of a village where agriculture, timber and coal industries flourished. Contemporary information is also collected.
Australian Jewish Records - archival (organisations and individual), periodicals, tapes, photos, indexed newspaper clippings and microform.The collection contains archives and records of Australian Jewish organisations and individuals.
Early Australian history with particular reference to the First Fleet of 1788 and their descendents.Reference books pertaining to First Fleet, early settlement of Australia and family trees.
The NSW Schoolhouse Museum is housed in the first school buildings of North Ryde Public School. The original schoolroom was built in 1877 and started with 45 children. A second room was added in 1893 and two further rooms were added in 1910. Each room, and the differences evident in their architecture, reflect the philosophy of education of each period - from the church-like appearance of the earliest room to the curved corners of the 1910 rooms designed to minimise dust.

The rooms have been authentically restored and furnished with original school furniture items together with...
Nine buildings housing items of historical interest to Walcha and the surrounding district. There is the Museum, Original Pioneer Cottage, Wool Museum, Tiger Moth Aeroplane Hangar. Walcha is situated on the Southern New England Tablelands and was discovered in 1818 and settled from 1832 - 1839. The local history centre houses an extensive collection of maps, books, ledgers, photographs and memorabilia about Walcha and the surrounding districts.Local community archival records and photographs, clothing collection, small Aboriginal artefact collection and Dendroglyph plus pioneer and...
The museum is situated in ten hectares of parkland and houses a vast display of mining era memorabilia: housing, dairy display, mining equipment etc. It also features a railway museum and a light horse museum. The winding engine operates under steam a minimum of four times a year.Over 4,000 items
This extensive collection of local and Darling Downs history features a large display of memorabilia. The Allora and District Historical Society also has a second museum, the Old Shire Hall. This is located on the corner of Forde and Warwick streets. It provides facilities for reading and research as well as special displays. The Museum is open on the 4th Saturday in each month as well as by appointment. Admission is also $1.50.Approximately 10,000 items and 2,500 photographs
Mackay City Council Library Services Local History Collection acts as a repository and reference source for printed Local History. The Historical Pictorial Collection contains over 5000 images of Mackay, its people and the surrounding area. Some special collections and artefacts are held.Printed local history, Photographs, Council records, Family histories, Special collections.
The Queensland Air Museum is a non-profit volunteer run society, occupying a two hectare site on the Caloundra airport, The collection consists of aircraft, uniforms, memorabilia, archives and a collection of photographs. The museum currently has 25 aircraft it its collection ranging from a hang-glider to a DC-3, and includes examples of civil and military aircraft of the post war period. The museum's De Havilland Sea Vixen and Gloster Meteor TT20 are the only examples of their type in Australia.
The Historical Society of Cairns was formed by the School of Arts Committee in 1958 to study and record the history of Far North Queensland. It has fulfilled these aims admirably. Its publication program includes books such as Photographic Memories, Establishment Trinity Bay, Cairns Range Railway and Cairns Mulgrave Tramway, as well as several minor booklets and 485 monthly bulletins. The current membership of the Society is over 390 and growing. The Society has been housed in the School of Arts Building since its inception and is run by a dedicated group of voluntary workers and office...

Pages