Camperdown Buggy Museum

Camperdown Buggy Museum

The museum is housed in an original 1947 Nissan Building which has been given to the town of Camperdown to be managed by the local service clubs. Guided tours of the restored carriages and buggies recall the bygone era of horse-drawn transport.

Address: 
26 Ower St, Camperdown, VIC
Tel: 
0355931119
Hours: 
Will open any time. Buggy rides by appointment only - must have a day's notice.
Admission: 
Nil
Collection: 
16 carriages in the Ower St building and 6 in the Old Four Mill, all date from before the turn of the 19th century.
Share

Items

Jmker

Creator:
Powell & McDougal at Colac
Description:
These horse drawn vehicles were very plentilful just after the first world war. It had room for the driver and his family.
Date:
1927

Bicycle

Description:
This French Hobby Horse (or Bone Shaker) bicycle has been rebuilt by the Camperdown Buggy Museum.
Date:
1780

Landau

1850 Landau

1850 Landau
Creator:
unknown
Description:
This carriage has been completely restored by the Camperdown Buggy Museum.
Date:
1850

Hearse

Horse drawn open hearse

Horse drawn open hearse
Creator:
unknown
Description:
All black open spindle hearse was rebuilt by the Camperdown Buggy Museum from plans contained in The Coach Builder Atlas of Scale Drawings by J Bishop & Co publisher, 1898.
Date:
1880

American speed buggy

Creator:
Unknown
Description:
This American speed buggy was imported to Australia in 1898. The entire buggy has been rebuilt by the Camperdown Buggy Museum.
Date:
Early 1800s