Powerhouse Museum Yanco

The Yanco Powerhouse was built in c1913 to supply power to the Murrumbidgee irrigation area. The building was extended in 1937 and decommissioned in 1957 when electricity from the Snowy Mountains Scheme became available. An all concrete construction, the Power House is five stories high with a large chimney stack. Since restoration work the building has been used as a museum displaying mostly farm machinery and items of local history. A flat is available for rent and the museum has a sixty seat theatrette. Work has commenced on a photo gallery which will display a wide range of images including a before and after series on the irrigation area.

Binya Street, Yanco, NSW
1pm-4pm last Sunday of each month
By donation
Guided tours on request
45 items farm machinery; 100 photographs and other items