Loudoun House Museum

Loudoun House Museum, former home of John Moffat, Queensland's greatest mining entrepreneur, was built in 1884 from North Queensland red cedar. It houses a mineral collection and memorabilia from the early mining days of this area, a very extensive photographic collection which depicts the town and life as it was in the early years of this century. It also has a good archival collection on mining history.

Tel: 
0740964020
Hours: 
7 days 10-4pm
Admission: 
Adults $5.00, Seniors/Concession $4.00, Children $2.00
Facilities: 
Toilets nearby; guided tours
Collection: 
3,000 photographs, 20,000 items
Share