Agriculture

The Museum is a heritage style building with a large veranda, the building is situated within a lovely park setting. The Museum presents a comprehensive series of displays, including an Aboriginal interpretive display, early pioneers and settlers hut, and a valuable collection of historical memorabilia. An early fire cart, a turn of the century telephone exchange and rail ambulance are but a few of the interesting exhibits on display. A new display on Mount Mulligan reflects the history on the 1921 mining disaster. Also a purpose built blacksmith shop at the rear of the Museum now shows cases...
This display concentrates on the history of the Port of Maryborough and how the city developed around the Port (an important river port and the Port of Entry for immigration)Approximately 5,000 items. Collection relates to the museum displays and the history of the Port of Maryborough and associated industries.
The museum represents the social and natural history of Eumundi through displays and historical documentation. The museum has digitised it's photographic collection and provides access to these images through a computer situated within the museum. Further records are added regularly. The museum is situated in the former Methodist church, built in 1911.300 objects, 200 natural history specimens, 2 500 photographs. The Eumundi Historical Museum contains social history collections, family history documentation, a comprehensive natural history collection and an extensive collection of historical...
The stone house was constructed in the 1880s. The Museum features local historical items of interest, including photographs, machinery, communications and cultural materials from the local area.The Stone House, The Fossil Museum, The Howard Cottage with photographs, medical and local items, rural items.
A folk museum which interprets, records and displays the history of the area now known as Coloundra City, Qld. It is housed in the original Landsborough Shire Council Building built in 1924 with a rammed earth construction extension in 1988. All displays are under cover.7,000 entries in sets plus individual items include an estimated 2,500 images

1892 Country Post Office and Residence, furnished country Dance Hall, large lace collection, household requirements used from the turn of the 20th Century, early 1900 farm implements, Blacksmith shop and tools, cheese making equipment, World War 2 memorabilia, shepherds hut, country school building and much, much moreLarge lace collection, World War II Memorabilia, photographs, farm machinery, circa 1900 buildings, picnic area, BBQ, Cheese making equipment, Blacksmith shop and tools.

The Historical Society of Cairns was formed by the School of Arts Committee in 1958 to study and record the history of Far North Queensland. It has fulfilled these aims admirably. Its publication program includes books such as Photographic Memories, Establishment Trinity Bay, Cairns Range Railway and Cairns Mulgrave Tramway, as well as several minor booklets and 485 monthly bulletins. The current membership of the Society is over 390 and growing. The Society has been housed in the School of Arts Building since its inception and is run by a dedicated group of voluntary workers and office...
The Museum consists of an old head teacher's residence transported to the site; a railway station building similar to the old Samford railway station; a hand-cut weather-board cream shed transported from a farm to the site; an old slab kitchen donated to the Museum and re-constructed in the grounds; laundry attached to kitchen and a machinery shed partly built with old slabs and original old cow bails. Each building displays relevant furniture, utensils, tools and goods donated by local residents. On permanent loan from the Queensland Museum is the diorama of the Samford Aboriginal Bora...
The Museum collection is of early and local history. It comprises: farm implements, tools and machinery, bottles, saddles and riding equipment, blacksmiths' tools, telephones, rock specimens, mining tools and tropical rainforest timber samples.Over 600 items
The Beaudesert Historical Society and Information Centre was founded on 11th April, 1961 and has had its headquarters in the Historical Complex situated in Brisbane St. Beaudesert. The building also houses the museum collection. The Pioneer Cottage, originally built in 1875 by a pioneer on his Kerry property, was given to the society by his grandchildren and rebuilt entirely of hand hewn timbers, slats and shingle roof and finished with a four-poster bed, large cedar side-board and numerous articles that portray the life of the early pioneers.

The new museum houses a comprehensive...
The Cardwell Museum holds material in two library buildings (Cardwell and Tully). This consists mainly of historical photographs, although objects are beginning to be acquired. All items are of local interest to the Cardwell Shire area. The Museum includes a collection of local Aboriginal artefacts, and features material on the local sugar industry.2,500 photographs, 300 items
The Museum is centred around a Georgian brick cottage built on site in 1864. Approximately one-third of Ban Ban Station homestead was moved to the complex plus a small country school. The collection includes a wide variety of household and farm equipment. A main attraction are the steam engines and saw mill, all in working order. These are shown working several times each year.3,500 items plus 2,800 photographs
The Raspberry Creek Homestead was moved to Byfield from the Shoalwater Bay Military area in 1987. Its buildings and items are appropriate to a remote cattle property pre 1950. The site includes a library, and museum artefacts will be on display for special occasions.
The Museum has several displays mounted at all times. The early school and its maps together with a good photographic collection are readily available. The Museum has quite a varied collection of early day household items. Tara's first Court House furniture is on display and outside the building is the original jail and railwagons and an original siding shed.Approximately 2,000 to 2,500 items
The Museum displays Wondai Shire's history through artefacts from the early 1900s. Some of these include a 1934 Dennis fire engine, an Australia Remembers cabinet, bottle collection, steam traction engine, a hospital operating theatre, shingle barn, manual telephone exchange, petrol pump, church organ 1916, film projection equipment plus numerous farm machinery, equipment and other items.Approximately 8,500 items including photographic boards.
The complex is a pioneer village and museum. It comprises eleven weatherboard buildings in original condition: a museum hall (3 buildings); Acutt House - 1930 original home; 1910 ex Methodist Church and Church Vestry; a blacksmith shop; Dairy and three sheds of agricultural and manufacturing machinery including special "sugar cane" collection; and Goodwood Railway Station with rails and small goods carriage used for servicing oil tankers from the "Pier". The buildings are furnished with historical items, including significant collections of agricultural machinery, tools...
The Heritage Centre consists of six distinct buildings plus a streetfront display of a windmill ostensibly supplying water to a 2 metre water wheel. This is backed by a covered display of wagons and farm machinery. The whole reflect the folk history content of the museum's buildings.Approximately 250 items
The Society maintains a sandstone cottage, built c.1870, which features furniture and household items representing more than 130 years of family life in the district. Collections of photographs, historical items, farming equipment, vehicles and machinery are displayed. Several buildings have been relocated on the site, including a church, slab hut, overseers cottage and an emporium building. A printing display includes presses and associated items from the Warwick Daily News.15,000 items
The Museum has a large collection of photographs covering pioneer families, Aborigines, ex-servicemen from World Wars I and II, and modern photographs - all tracing Theodore's development. The displays include the history of early station families, arts and crafts, a pioneer kitchen and bedroom, Aboriginal artefacts, town plans and farm machinery.
Cottage crafts, pottery, fibre making, education and schools, historic homes and rural buildings, local history, community groups ie. Riding for disabled, rural farm, steam machinery, rainforest walk.The park comprises an historical village of many acres, including restored and replica buildings of the Shire, steam and fire museums, potters, blacksmiths, rural farm, bush poetry, Sunday Markets, Australian education experience for students and accommodation for 100.

Pages