Agriculture

Housed in Osborne Hall, 1878, originally entertainment centre with Osborne Hotel. Great variety of items pertaining to life in Forbes from early days, household settings, clothing, gold mining collection, splendid and extensive photographic collection, Paul Wenz corner, Ben Hall (Bush Ranger) unique memorabilia, aboriginal display, outside area has examples of agricultural and shearing items, farming vehicle and many more treasures of the way of life in earlier Forbes and District.Approximately 20 000 plus items
The Society was formed in 1963 and since 1968 has opeated a museum in the former School of Arts building, which is heritage-listed. The purpose of the Museum is the collecting, preserving and interpreting of local heritage for everyone. The Society aims to promote local history, including family history and the Museum collection, to the local community and the general public.Dungog Museum has a wide range of items representing local and family history. The collection reflects the area's rural history, including dairying and the timber industry, and local manufacturing including items from...
The building is known as the "Sergeants Residence" and was constructed in about 1871. It adjoins the police complex. The museum contains many aspects of the social life of this area; including an early bedroom, an early dining room, an early kitchen, two rooms depicting aspects of early life in this area, part of the early courthouse, a chemist shop, a hospital room, a blacksmiths shop and an agricultural machinery exhibit.An historical collection of Queanbeyan and district, ranging back well into the 1800's. This collection is strictly applicable to Queanbeyan and district.
Historical Cottage built in 1887. Corrugated iron and log sheds (shearing Shed Style). Extensive collections maintained, restored, conserved by volunteers. Special exhibitions arranged in line with community events such as a wool display for prime stock day and a "1901" theme for the centenary of federation.Local rural community archival religions and phonographs. Historical cottage with turn of the century display. i.e. Kitchen with old fuel stove, meat safes, butter churning, china, lace, linen, silver teapots. Antique farming machinery, office equipment, sulkies harness etc.
This is only a new building having been officially opened in September 1991. It is situated about 100 yards from the main street through town and though only small , all collections are quite unique and graphically depict the displays they represent.Gerringong Museum's strength lies in a series of small, though compact displays. As we are a dairying district this exhibit takes pride of place, includes types of cattle and tools. A Geology and Fauna display. Models of early shops - an exhibit of Kingsford Smiths "Southern Cross" and records of Pioneer families.
Buildings include; the old lockup and residence (1870) which houses the museum; and the Sergeant's Residence which is the research centre. Next door is the old Court House (pre 1900). The society researches and publishes historical material relevant to Scone and district, creates special exhibitions (Australia Day, Horse Festival) and collects material relevant to the district.Estimated 20,000 objects plus records and photographs.
The Museum building was constructed in 1909. It was opened in 1910 as the Gloucester Shire Council Chambers. The Council occupied the building until 1959. It then became a private residence until 1984 when the Gloucester District Historical Society Inc. purchased it. The building is listed in the Register of the National Trust of Australia (NSW).The Society collects and displays objects from the Gloucester District. Objects are, Australian domestic items, textiles, toys, military memorabilia, geological specimens, tools and photographs of activities, events and scenes of the Gloucester
...

The Museum is a former Methodist church and rebuilt slab settlers cottage furnished with Australian colonial furniture, mostly home made & original. It contains displays pertaining to the family histories of people from the Laralga district.Local history eg. Machinery used for dairying, potato growing, cropping etc. Photographs of local interest. Books from now closed stores, ledgers etc.

The Museum building dates back to C1871 when James Campbell Duff built a general store. The building is the oldest commercial premises in Wingham.Local History as seen in photos, farm equipment, hospital equipment, home life, education, good living, music and wartime. Also a collection of Local and Family History Archives.
Tarella Historic Cottage is in its original condition. In 1879 John McLaughlin was granted 50 acres in the Blue Mountains in recognition of his service in the NSW Volunteer Force. The grant is on Cox's Road at the site of 'Hobby's Reach', the stretch of road constructed by LT. Hobby in Cox's absence. In C.1886 John McLaughlin built Tarella as a holiday home for his family, and it was in the family's ownership until 1988 when the last remaining daughter Beryl (there being no issue) bequeathed the cottage, the contents and the remaining three acres to the Blue Mountains Historical Society. A...
The Turkish Bath Museum, having been built in the 1880's by Richard Wynne, a founder of Mt Wilson and the benefactor for the Wynne Art Prize for Landscape and Sculpture, is situated on a hill facing north overlooking the Blue Mountains National Park and is part of the heritage estate of 'Wynstay' which is listed on the State Heritage Register. The Museum is also on the National Heritage register. Now partly conserved, it is a stylish building with beautifully stained and hand painted glass windows, polychrome brick work, Italianate decoration and an elaborate turret. Although there is only...
The museum is currently housed in the former Young Public School, built in 1883. Originally opened in the town library in 1967 by the Young Historical Society, formed in 1958, the museum later moved to larger premises in the old Presbyterian Church building that was unfortunately destroyed to make way for a restaurant. The museum then moved to the Young Public School.Collection items total tens of thousands and have various points of interest. Displays include a collection of fashion items dating from 1854, war memorabilia and items from the Old Young Gaol. Also, a number of trades and...
The Museum of the Riverina has two impressive sites. The first is situated in the former Historic Council Chambers, built in 1881, and converted in 1998 to function as a museum facility. This site is used as a meeting venue - in the former chamber - and as a venue for hosting a regular program of travelling exhibitions.

The second site, adjacent to the Botanic Gardens, was formerly run by the Wagga Wagga & District Historical Society, and opened in 1965. The site was renovated and reopened in September 2001 and contains internal exhibitions and a number of outbuildings. The...
Yamba's museum display has often been described by visitors as the finest small historical collection on Australia's east coast. Sited close to the towns centre on a sealed road which leads to one of the area's most beautiful Pacific Ocean beaches, the museum is located in spacious grounds with ample off-street parking. Directly opposite in a well-maintained park is a fully restored 150 year flagstaff, which once controlled the entry and exit of all ships into the nearby Clarence River, the biggest single waterway on the East Coast. The flagstaff surrounds are the focal point fro many local...
The museum houses the work of the Millthorpe and District Historical Society, who have spent thirty-six years collecting, conserving and displaying district records, artefacts, farm equipment, family history and photographs and domestic appliances. The Society provides Family History research, copies of portraits and material. They promote local history through special events, host family reunions, provide access for school excursions and coach tours, and undertake fund-raising ventures for capital improvements to the museum property.The collection includes; farm machinery, an important...
Collection of photographs of early fishing, timber and shipping industries in the area. Files of early pioneer families and local history. Early timber-working tools and domestic artefacts.1910 Heritage listed post office building; artefacts pertaining to the area. Emphasis on collecting old photographs and local history research
Nine buildings housing items of historical interest to Walcha and the surrounding district. There is the Museum, Original Pioneer Cottage, Wool Museum, Tiger Moth Aeroplane Hangar. Walcha is situated on the Southern New England Tablelands and was discovered in 1818 and settled from 1832 - 1839. The local history centre houses an extensive collection of maps, books, ledgers, photographs and memorabilia about Walcha and the surrounding districts.Local community archival records and photographs, clothing collection, small Aboriginal artefact collection and Dendroglyph plus pioneer and...
Pioneer Cottage is a house museum, built in c.1880 of local cedar and beech by the pioneer John Kerle Burnett. Structurally unaltered, the rooms and furnishings are arranged as used by the Burnetts. On display are many household items that were in everyday use. The Burnett family lived in the cottage for more than seventy years. The displays reflect their early lifestyle and the living alterations they made as times changed. The Sibyl Vise Museum Room provides visitors with the opportunity to browse through photographs and read about the history of Buderim. At the rear of the cottage a slab...
The museum is situated in ten hectares of parkland and houses a vast display of mining era memorabilia: housing, dairy display, mining equipment etc. It also features a railway museum and a light horse museum. The winding engine operates under steam a minimum of four times a year.Over 4,000 items
The Winton and District Historical Society have operated the Qantilda Museum since 1972. The members of the society are volunteers who donate their time to help educate people about the pioneers who built the outback. During the 28 year existence of the historical society a huge collection of outback memorabilia and artworks have been accumulated, documented and set out in such a way as to educate people on the livelihood of the aboriginal inhabitants and, the livelihood of the districts settlers and their descendants. A reading room, which is frequently updated, provides an immense...

Pages