Agriculture

Five buildings house a collection of old machinery, some of which have been restored.
The museum houses a collection of various equipment and items relating to early farming life.
Local history of the district from 1880. Special sections on agriculture, entertainment, sports, marine, schools, churches, transport, household items, photographs, maps and books. The museum if also responsible for the care of Stokes Methodist Church and Pioneer Women's Memorial. Caretakers of the Provis Memorial Park. Markers at the sites of early schools and other places of historical interest. Listing of the heritage listed buildings in the area.900 items, 450 photographs. Memorabilia of local - transport, churches, schools, shipping, shops, early settlers, agriculture, entertainment,...
The Loxton Historical Village has been developed to preserve the history and way of life of the early settlers with the emphasis on the struggle and growth of the farming community from its beginning in 1895. The project started with the building of the pine and pug hut in 1970. There are now over 30 buildings. A mallee stump weighing one and a half tons carries the plaque commemorating the opening by Don Dunstan in 1973.
The Museum is housed in the first school building, 1878-1908. The Main room shows the history of Stansbury in detail, other rooms: doll collection, clothes, hardware, bedroom, sitting room and dining room.2,000 items. A farm implement and hardware shed are complemented by kitchen and laundry collections as well as RSL and bottle collecitons.
The Town is on a 20 acre site which houses ninety buildings laid out in an old town setting. It includes eleven streets, a railway line with fourteen carriages and a station. The shops, houses and public building are furnished from 1880 to 1950. Visitors feel they have stepped into the past from the present day.
The Museum, fully accredited by the History Trust of South Australia, tells the story of Millicent town and district through displays based on six themes: Aboriginal, Early Transport (sea, horse drawn, rail), Agricultural, Way of Life, Drainage, Forestry and the Timber Industry. These displays are set out in four main buildings on a one acre site on Highway One.Approximately 9,000 items
The Kadina Heritage Museum incorporates the National Dryland Farming Centre. The Museum is transforming its comprehensive agricultural machinery collection into a dynamic interpretive centre. It aims to explore all aspects of rural life along with the evolution of dryland farming machinery and techniques for which the region of Yorke Peninsula is renowned. This is the home of the Stump-jump plough! The colony of South Australia rapidly became the granary of the continent an early push towards mechanization.Sheds have been upgraded and extended to create over 4,000 square meters of exhibition...
The museum contains some items relating to the railway; photos; utensils; and items associated with pioneer days. It also includes a telephone switchboard.
This cereal grain collection includes mainly Australian varieties but also some from other parts of the world.
The hotel is a Heritage listed National Trust building. It has been completely restored and contains a museum, licensed restaurant, arts and crafts sales and tearoom. The bedroom, lounge and dining room house period furniture and framed portraits of local pioneers. A weatherboard building houses agricultural items of pioneers. There are also collection of pioneer family photographs, old magazines and catalogues, and bottles.300 items and 100 photographs
This display consists of a collection of tractors, engines and steam engines from 1916; veteran, vintage and classic cars and trucks; a 1942 General Grant tank; various aircraft engines; and household memorabilia from the turn of the century. It is housed in a large shed on a farm property off the Barrier Highway, approximately halfway between Adelaide and Broken Hill.70 tractors, 20 stationary engines and 10 veteran and vintage cars
The museum is part of the Smith Plough Factory and was the power house that drove the engineering machinery. The collection contains various types of farm machinery that was manufactured here along with the Stump Jump Ploughs for which the factory was famous. Part of the extensive collection of original machine plans are on displayas well as photos of machines, share certificates, Clarence H. Smith's apprenticeship indenture, and items associated with the factory and other memorabilia. A room has been set aside to house relics from the Barque 'Lanoni' which sank off Ardrossan in 1867 with a...
Hope Cottage is one of three built in 1857 by the Calnan family, later to become known as Faith, Hope and Charity. The Museum holds a collection of photographs, books, shipwreck articles, tractors, engines and farm machinery (some restored to working order). A tower in the grounds carries the light transferred from Tippera Reef to Cape Willoughby in 1922. There is also a working model of a eucalyptus still and a working windmill.A wide variety of different articles from early Kangaroo Island. The cottage has the normal things found in a home in the early days including the first piano...
A local and social history museum depicting the heritage of Wallaroo. Main themes: copper mining and smelting period (1861-1923) History of the port of Wallaroo since 1861. General local history - sport, entertainment, industry, civic affairs and religion. Located in the first post office building 1865-1910. Has been Museum building since 1975.Over 3,000 exhibits depict the Industrial, Mining, Smelting, Maritime and Social History of the port of Wallaroo. The Museum is also home to the former Tipara Reef Lighthouse (1877-1996) Re-located to the Museum in 2001.
This National Trust historic house contains 5 rooms of furniture, exhibits and photographs. There are also outdoor displays of machinery, tractors and vehicles, as well as walking trails and picnic spots with river views, a 100 hectare flora and fauna reserve, a pump shed and a paddle steamer, 'Roy'Photographs of historical value of River Boats
The Museum's collections focus on: the 1894 settler's cottage; the 1910 Congregational church and manse; the AMP Society Land Development; the Gold Escort Route of 1852; and the Wild Dog Fence which saved the fledgling colony of South Australia from failing.Approximately 1,000 items including a feral dog preserved by taxidermist, as well as photographs.
An undercover collection of locomotives and railway vehicles, depicting the history of railways in SA and the Commonwealth Railways. The steam era, railcars and diesel's and all three rail gauges are represented. The museum also contains displays of railway operations and other historic memorabilia associated with railway history.100 railway vehicles, 12,000 photographs and approximately 50,000 documents along with a collection of smaller railway memorabilia, uniforms, clocks, signal lights and signs.
Luhr's cottage is the original dwelling of the Lutheran School's first school teacher and his wife and family of 6 children (one stillborn). It has been furnished to match the era. It is constructed of pug and timber (Redgum) and fronted by a cottage garden. At the rear is a room dedicated to schoolroom items including large pupils desk, copy books, readers and German wall charts. In the shed are agricultural machines and a German wagon.Housed in Luhr's Cottage is a collection of homewares and bric a brac relating to the German heritage of Light Pass and the Barossa Valley. The "...
This privately owned tourist complex contains an extensive museum housed in 5 buildings with over 100 metres of glass show cases. Over 100 collection are featured, including displays of antiques, gemstones, butterflies, clocks, weapons, cameras, coins, birds eggs, badges, irons, bottles, fossils and shells. A feature of the complex is a display of local reptiles.120 varied collections

Pages