Agriculture

Housed in our building are Historical records, photographs and memorabilia of our town and district from early settlement until present day.Photographs, WWII memorabilia, local community historical records, hand sewn articles from 1890 era, local art, local hospital memorabilia. Sporting achievements, telephone exchange and old telephones, plus more.

Beenleigh Rum Distillery is the oldest registered distillery in Australia and is still operating. The stillhouse and stills are circa 1865, and feature several wooden vats, dating back to pre 1900, still in use. The Museum contains items used to make rum in bygone days and records the history of the cane fields, the rum trade and beginnings of Beenleigh as well as the uses for rum and the development of Beenleigh Distillers.50 stills and vats, over 300 smaller items, 300 photographs
The Taroom and District Historical Society has acquired various buildings including the old Church of St. Mary's (built 1893) which is now the main museum building, a blacksmith shop, boat house, hospital room, Reynolds Cottage and Jongh Tai Shue's shop. The buildings house a collection of old machinery used in the Taroom area, furniture, household items, tools, photographs and other artefacts. The museum organises the annual Leichhardt Festival in the museum grounds, between August and September.The collection illustrates elements of the social history of Taroom District and including life...
The Village features original 19th Century buildings and a War Museum with a collection of memorabilia. The Shell House contains one of the largest privately owned collections of shells in Australia. The Village was established to collect and preserve memorabilia, photographs, narratives and recollections of residents of the area.
A well presented display of the history of Bundaberg and district and its people. Sectionalised into agriculture, industry, commerce, home life, recreation and hobbies. Situated in a Botanic garden complex with a kiosk and other Museums nearby.Estimated 20,000 plus items and photographs. Articles related to everyday living of people of Bundaberg and District; Aboriginal and Islanders artefacts, shells, stuffed birds, files of written information, newspaper cuttings, communication and photographic history.
The complex consists of four buildings. A school building houses a school room display along with Aboriginal artefacts. Agricultural equipment is stored beneath. A cane cutters cottage has four rooms and is furnished with furniture etc from the 1900 era. A small one room building (originally from the local hospital) will be set up as a shop. A reconstructed slab hut will house and will have timber for its theme. An Open Day with various displays and activities is held each July, free to the public.The collection includes; pioneering implements, blacksmith, timber getting and general...
Our Chinchilla Museum has restored Pioneer cottage - fully furnished. Prickly Pear story from devastation to eradication. Traction steam engines, vintage motor vehicles, horse drawn vehicles, original Chinchilla state school, fully furnished - Two halls containing collection of Memorabilia of yesteryear: fully restored dairy and cream shed.Over 5,000 items on display, including farm machinery, horse drawn vehicles, well appointed library housing history of Chinchilla and its pioneers. First Chinchilla school (1883) on grounds containing early school memorabilia.
Fassifern District Historical Society oversees Templin Historical Village which consists of a country church, a store, house/office, school, dairy, slab hut and other museum buildings grouped around a central green to recreate a village atmosphere. The museum also has a collection of historical items and photographs.Estimated 10,000 items plus 5,000 photos
Exhibits at the Chillagoe Historical Centre include a pictorial history of local smelting operations (1901-1943), large mineral samples and a detailed bottle collection, a butterfly collection, old coins and notes, old mining machinery, an entrance area paved with local marble, projectors from a local theatre, local pioneering family histories, Aboriginal and New Guinea artefacts, and old dentist's chair and cameras.Estimated 1,000 items
The museum features extensive local history collections, a large photographic collection depicting the history of Noosa Shire and a display of Aboriginal artefacts. The museum occupies the original shire council chambers built in 1910, and is situated in an historic timber town.
This historic building (built in 1890) was the home of Henry Plantagenet and Katherine Rose Somerset. Henry was a member of Parliament from 1904-1920. Caboonbah is now the headquarters of the Brisbane Valley Historical Society Inc, and the complex consists of seven buildings: Caboonbah Homestead, Cement Building, Caretakers Cottage (private), the original Worker's Cottage, McGrath Cottage, Police Station and Cell Block. A telemetric service was provided from Caboonbah after the 1893 floods and is still on site and in use.600 collections
The Morven Historical Museum is housed in three buildings. A slab hut is used for machinery and hardware and such larger articles as an old manual wool press and stores a miscellaneous collection of old books and photographs, and local artefacts. The second building features a unique collection of finally crafted miniature buildings that were to be found in Morven in the early 1900's. Displayed in the third building is the Davey Packman working steam engine. These buildings are typical of many early Australian settlements and together depict the social history of Morven in this bygone era....
Greycliffe is a wooden slab-construction 6-room homestead, originally constructed in the 1870s. This building is the main focus of the historical society's activities, as it houses a collection of furniture, utensils, photographs, documents and machinery that pertain to the history of the Callide Valley. Tours of Greycliffe are available by appointment. As well as the homestead, there is a blacksmith shop, and a shed housing the bullock dray, tip dray etc.Approximately 150-200 items (including photographs)
The Proserpine Historical Museum is the only Cultural Heritage Learning Facility in the region. Museums are now recognised as part of the growing Tourism Market. This Museum is situated on the Bruce Highway, offers one of the few all-weather tourist attractions on the mainland for the entire family. The Proserpine Historical Museum offers a large and well-designed foyer for the benefit of local Artists and Craftspeople to show their works - free of charge for short-term exhibitions. Artists were consulted during the planning stage and their needs in terms of lighting and hanging systems were...
Built in the 1890's Carbethon was moved from Haden to Crow's Nest and opened as a folk museum in 1979. Historic house 'Carbethon' is the centrepiece, featuring local history and agricultural items and situated in a pioneer village of fifteen buildings. Buildings in the complex include a working printery, wireless shop, butcher's shop, blacksmith's shop, machinery shed, photographer's studio, church, slab huts, and a one teacher replica school. Other displays include Aboriginal artefacts, a native beehive and an Aboriginal honey tree.Items and history of lifestyle from early settlement (1870'...
The Redcliffe Museum tells the fascinating story of the history and community od Redcliffe. Redcliffe, a beautiful peninsula located on the northern end of Moreton Bay, was the site of first white settlement in Queensland with settlers and convicts landing in 1824. Through multi-media and object based exhibitions, visitors are able to learn not only about the Peninsula's past, but also about the character of Redcliffe as it is today.The collection ranges from domestic and farming technology, to business equipment and war memorabilia. A photographic collection is augmented by an excellent...
The Museum records the social history of South East Queensland since European settlement. Cleveland was one of the earliest settled areas and for a hundred years was a thriving farming community specialising in fruit and vegetables for the Brisbane area. The Museum presents a range of topics across a total display space of over 1300m2. Travelling exhibitions, community displays and in-house short term exhibitions frequent the temporary space of 74m2.Horse drawn vehicles, farming machinery, textiles and costumes, household equipment, maritime history, WWI & II memorabilia, medical and...
Innisfail museum is housed in the old School of Arts building and occupies two rooms. The collection relates to local history and contains items from all facets of life from the early settlement of Geraldton (name later changed to Innisfail after confusion with Geraldton in Western Australia). Items include personal possessions; rural, recreational, medical, biological, Aboriginal and Chinese artefacts; and a number of early photographs showing cyclone and flood damage, local industries and life in a tropical town.Approximately 2,500 objects and 1,500 photographs
The Museum was established in a Pioneer house by the owner, Ms Olive Wieland, as a children's project in 1990. A Morning Star Chapel was begun for children 12 years ago. The Museum complements the Chapel, which is in the front room of the house. It contains an antique organ, table and chair and pews. The Museum includes a range of shells, pictures, wood specimens, household items and many items used on farms from the 1920s and earlier.Original farm implements, Horse drawn plow and other horse drawn farming equipment.
Housed in the relocated old Tolga Railway Station, the Tolga Historical Society have a collection of photographs depicting life during World War II, when Tolga was a major base for troops and for an ambulance train, as well as photos of the activities of the local saw mills which have now ceased operations. Other photos depict local maize farming activities and the building of the nearby maize silos. New showcases have recently been constructed to hold the exhibits. Railway apparatus from the original station is still intact.

Pages