Agriculture

Located in the main street adjacent to closed ANZ Bank, Café and B&B, the museum is housed in five buildings which contain a varied collection of items and memorabilia depicting life and activities from the surrounding shire area. The main building contains a reconstructed general store and barber shop, and rooms have been outfitted with furniture depicting a parlour and bedroom from the 1920s. A slab shed, built with materials from local properties, holds mining and agricultural equipment. Many exhibits depict rural life from earlier times, including examples of fencing, a horse works...
The Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre recalls those familiar features of the Australian landscape - corrugated iron roofs, water tanks, silos, wool sheds and shady verandahs. The interior features a vaulted ceiling and displays designed to reflect the wide-open spaces, colour and character of the outback landscape they celebrate.

The Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre has now proven itself to be the envisaged tourism destination. Longreach is a pivotal point on the Tropic of Capricorn, linking the Reef in the east with...
The Museum consists of two large corrugated iron sheds. Displayed in these we have heavy agricultural machinery, farming equipment and other large and smaller items relating to a dairying district. Despite this the museum is not crowded. Also displayed, in glass cabinets we have crockery, glassware, bric-a-brac, sewing articles and three rooms depicting the 1930's - 1940's style of living. Our small items and photo room contains many records, fabrics and various documents. We have a great collection of transcripts of taped interviews with long time residents of Rosalie Shire. We have...
The museum building was formerly a Scared Heart Convent of the Sisters of Mercy; two story timber 15mts x 25mts, internal walls are stained with tongue and groove crow's ash (1946). Yarraman Railway Station (1913) and Arthur Brown's butcher shop (c.1920). The grounds contain a scrub/rainforest area, farm machinery, plant shade house, water wise garden and unique water tank system from convent days. The total area is 1.2 hectares.The collection started in October 1997. Yarraman Heritage Centre has a wide range of community involvement, manly because of the necessity to attract large fundings...
The heritage listed Woolscour, that is once again operated by steam, has been left intact as a living document, it is the lat one of this type in Australia. There is a 20 stand shearing shed attached to the wool washing complex and an open flowing bore nearby. Outbuildings include a cookhouse, shearers quarters and managers residence. It has been left mainly intact. Current conservation work was completed in early 2002, with steam being reintroduced to the site.The collection consists mainly of historic machinery and buildings, large boilers, steam engines, wool washing troughs, large steam...
The museum's collection was commenced by the late Arther Jeffrey in 1972 and is housed in two buildings. The original museum has been moved to its present site and restored to hold memorabilia of early shire life. The main building houses Maritime and Endeavour displays, aboriginal artefacts, a photographic display and the reading room. Also on display are natural history objects including Sir Joseph Banks' plant studies, as well as coral, shell, fossil and rock collections .Significant items in the collection include the Endeavour voyage book, objects relating to Banks and Solander and their...
Established in 1977, the museum is located in the sugar village of Mourilyan, just south of Innisfail North Queensland, and is dedicated to Australia's sugar heritage, from 1823 to the present day. In 1988, with Bicentennial funding, the Museum's display space was significantly enlarged, exhibits improved and a retail area added.
The museum offers guided tours, audio visual presentations, static displays, changing exhibitions and activities for children.
In the Sugarama Gallery attached to the museum a changing exhibition program showcases Queensland's social history and visual...
The museum is housed in a 100yr old weatherboard home, school and display sheds. A highlight is one of only two remaining Stiger Vortex Rain Guns (used in the 1902 drought). An annual film screen honours Charles and Elsa Chauvel, and the museums has a photo display taken from all of their films.Domestic artefacts and farm machinery, plus typical 1-Room School. Collection of photographs by Charles and Elsa Chauvel (Australian movie pioneers)
The Killarney and District Historical Society Inc., has been in operation for about 5 years, it has a small membership of about 30. The Society's rooms are called the Heritage Centre, and consist of the two rooms and a strong room that were the business area of a bank built in 1913. The aim of the Society is to stimulate awareness and understanding of the district's past. To met this aim, the society has published several smaller books on local history, and it maintains a collection of items significant to the area. It had also erected sixty markers marking sites that were important in 1901....
The museum is situated in the restored Deputy Superintedents Quarters. The displays depict the lives and personal experiences of both prison staff and their families as well as the prisoners. Copies of original photos from the prison era along with a range of artefacts and written interpretive panels are featured.Most of the artefacts collected relate to the prison era of St Helena 1867-1932 with some post-prison agricultural items also included. The prison was noted for its self sufficiency, evident in the collection range - from library books, sewing machines, leather shoes to machinery...
The Museum is housed in the old power-station building, situated directly opposite the peanut silos in the town's Heritage Precinct. Other historic displays are located in Shire's earliest Council chambers and in Carroll's Cottage (the first building constructed in Kingaroy).The Museum's collection includes machinery used in local agriculture and the district's peanut industry. There is also a collection of tools used in trades such as carpentry, blacksmithing, dairying and the timber industry, as well as household items. The Museum also holds photos and a limited local archival records.
The Museum is housed in an original river boat "Captain's Cottage" and details the history of Murray Bridge, the importance of the Murray River in the growth of the township and surrounding areas. It also outlines the process of swamp reclamation and the consequent dairy industry which has been a major part of the local industry. Model river boats and cottages are also on display.Approximately 5,500 items, 250 photographs
Eight separate buildings: The historic pioneer house, the one teacher school, the blacksmith shop, the Government Shed are equipped. Sheds house the farm machinery, stationary engines and fir engine, while a separate museum centre contains a library, photographic and interpretive displays, taped histories and various documents relating to social history. All in bushland setting.Kimba's local history museum includes pioneer domestic and farming items, stationary engines, harness vehicles and equipment, vintage trucks and tractors, a water conservation model, schooling and communication...
We are situated on the main street in the Old Telegraph station c.1860. Focusing the history of the building and towns history. McKinlays artefacts (explorer)Small archival records, small collection of photographs, telegraphic memorabilia, household items. Gawler's early industrial era. General items of the towns businesses.
The museum is housed in the Hog Bay School building, the third school to be built on the site (1922). The first room you enter is the Maritime Room, this displays the history and shipwrecks of Kangaroo Island. The School Porch houses the displays of schooling. The Schoolroom has displays on Early Settlers, including aboriginal women, agriculture, industry, communications and social and domestic life are portrayed.2,000 items, 700 photographs. The displays are organised in such a way that the visitor quickly gains a feel for the history of Kangaroo Island, especially maritime, education, early...
A folk museum of memorabilia and photographs mainly of the years 1850-1950. Repository for museum items for perusal of future generationsApproximately 2,000 items, numerous photographs
Housed in the 1878 former school building, the Museum features a collection of artefacts and photographs relating to the early settlement and development of central Yorke Peninsula, including its Aboriginal, Agricultural and German heritage.Artefacts and photographs relating to early settlement on central Yorke Peninsula. Archives, Farm Machinery.
Urrbrae House was built in 1890 for Mr Peter Waite by the Adelaide architect Charles Howard Marriott. It was the first house in Adelaide to have red roof tiles, and electric lighting, and it also had an extensive refrigeration plant. The house and grounds are available for public inspection. A museum which outlines the history of the Waite Institute is also being developed nearby.150,000 items including artefacts, photographs and archives
The Museum is located in a former bakehouse comprising grocer's shop, dining room, kitchen, upstairs bedroom and parlour, wash house, underground bakery, implement sheds and portrait gallery. The bakehouse is a special feature and is historically very important.Approximately 800 items plus large quantity of photographs
The Museum is housed in a former General Store and timber yard. The collection comprises machinery, tools, clothing, photographs and household goods used by early settlers in the district. Each summer holidays an exhibition is held in the museum as an added attraction.Approximately 2,000 items

Pages