House Museum

This well preserved historic original court house features a Magistrates Courtroom with authentic court furnishings.
The Museum was established in a Pioneer house by the owner, Ms Olive Wieland, as a children's project in 1990. A Morning Star Chapel was begun for children 12 years ago. The Museum complements the Chapel, which is in the front room of the house. It contains an antique organ, table and chair and pews. The Museum includes a range of shells, pictures, wood specimens, household items and many items used on farms from the 1920s and earlier.Original farm implements, Horse drawn plow and other horse drawn farming equipment.
A timber homestead built 1870's modified and extended many times. Interpreted c. 1904. The pise walls of the main house were washed away in 1893 floods and the timber frame resheeted in timber with wallpaper some of which survives intact. Moved to its present location in Coominya in 1975.800 items
Wolston House is an early stone and brick farmhouse built in 1852/53 but substantially extended in the 1860's.

The two storey farmhouse with cellars and dairy under, and the layout of one room width linked by verandahs is unusual in Queensland. Although only 20 minutes from Brisbane, the house retains its pastoral setting overlooking the river flats. Many furnishings date from the mid nineteenth century including some pieces made in south east Queensland.1000 items. Approximately 1000 pieces of Cedar furniture and other artifacts of the 1800's.
Old Government House was built as the Governor's official residence in 1861-62 to the design of Charles Tiffin. It served as the Governor's office and residence until 1910 when it became the new University of Queensland. Since 1973 it has been the headquarters of the National Trust of QueenslandAlthough the house is presently unfurnished, the fine proportions, excellent cedar joinery and most of all, the planning are evidence of its unique place in Queenslands heritage.
The only surviving tent house in Mt Isa. The house was built in 1937 as one of many workers houses built by Mt Isa Mines to a standard pattern. This design was thought to derive from tent housing and incorporates a free standing roof and frame covering a separate structure with a canvas ceiling.1000 items
Claremont is an early stone villa built by John Panton, an Ipswich merchant, in 1858. In the early 1870's it was the home of George Throne, parliamentarian, and a centre for social life.This house is under restoration and is partially decorated with furnishings dating from the 1870's.
The Tent House is a timber framed house with a canvas roof under a free standing galvanised iron roof. This unusual environmental adaptation was once common in Mount Isa as 1930’s mining company housing.The Tent House contains furnishings and objects of historical interest from Mount Isa.
Cardwell's Old Telegraph Station and Post Office was built in 1870 and is probably the oldest building in North Queensland. It survived from the earliest days of Cardwell's history as Cardwell was the first settlement north of Bowen on the coast. With the former Courthouse, Lock-up and Old Shire Hall, the heritage precinct tells the story of Cardwell and its place in the communications vital to the development of North Queensland.The collection consists of objects and photographs of local provenance which are relevant to the buildings and local history.
The bulk of the exhibits consists of artefacts, furniture, books and documentary material associated with the Angas family and their pastoral activities. There are also a number of items acquired for display as typical furnishings of a rural mansion in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Urrbrae House was built in 1890 for Mr Peter Waite by the Adelaide architect Charles Howard Marriott. It was the first house in Adelaide to have red roof tiles, and electric lighting, and it also had an extensive refrigeration plant. The house and grounds are available for public inspection. A museum which outlines the history of the Waite Institute is also being developed nearby.150,000 items including artefacts, photographs and archives
The Museum is located in a former bakehouse comprising grocer's shop, dining room, kitchen, upstairs bedroom and parlour, wash house, underground bakery, implement sheds and portrait gallery. The bakehouse is a special feature and is historically very important.Approximately 800 items plus large quantity of photographs
The lighthouse stood for 100 years offshore on a reef, 5 miles at sea. When it became obsolete it was dismantled and brought ashore and re-erected in Kingston. The lighthouse is furnished with some of the original furniture and contains all the lantern room equipment. Although not used as a lighthouse , it is still in working order.The height of the lighthouse is 134 feet and one of the few lighthouses with living quarters as part of the structure. Some original furnishings remain in the lighthouse
Old Government House is situated in Belair National Park, South Australia's oldest National Park, 12 kms from Adelaide C.B.D. Its building - a main building and detached kitchen with servants accommodation - date from the 1850s and were built for the first vice-regal summer retreat in South Australia. Full restoration took place in the 1970s as a fully furnished Victorian gentleman's country retreat; turreted colonial - Georgian in style, surrounded by extensive tiled terracing. Each room reflects its original function - wide entrance hall, manly study, gracious dining room with drawing area...
The hotel is a Heritage listed National Trust building. It has been completely restored and contains a museum, licensed restaurant, arts and crafts sales and tearoom. The bedroom, lounge and dining room house period furniture and framed portraits of local pioneers. A weatherboard building houses agricultural items of pioneers. There are also collection of pioneer family photographs, old magazines and catalogues, and bottles.300 items and 100 photographs
This National Trust historic house contains 5 rooms of furniture, exhibits and photographs. There are also outdoor displays of machinery, tractors and vehicles, as well as walking trails and picnic spots with river views, a 100 hectare flora and fauna reserve, a pump shed and a paddle steamer, 'Roy'Photographs of historical value of River Boats
Luhr's cottage is the original dwelling of the Lutheran School's first school teacher and his wife and family of 6 children (one stillborn). It has been furnished to match the era. It is constructed of pug and timber (Redgum) and fronted by a cottage garden. At the rear is a room dedicated to schoolroom items including large pupils desk, copy books, readers and German wall charts. In the shed are agricultural machines and a German wagon.Housed in Luhr's Cottage is a collection of homewares and bric a brac relating to the German heritage of Light Pass and the Barossa Valley. The "...
The home was built for William Moyle, a Cornwall engineer who operated the adjacent cordial factory and public baths. It is made of local stone with ironwork and illustrates turn of the century well-to-do living. The house is heritage listed and displays a wide range of collections, including period costumes, stained glass, furniture, household appliances, and a doll display. A brochure is available which provides fuller details.Thousands of artefacts including 1,000 pair of salt and pepper shakers, 2,500 dolls, 600 teddy bears
Former customs and station master's house built in 1866/67 of Georgian style architecture. Four furnished rooms containing historical documents, photographs, pictures, portraits, displays, furniture and furnishings relevant to the early history of the area and its association with an overseas port and latterly with the railways. Shop with National Trust items, books, crafts, jams, souvenirs. The new Encounter Coast Discovery Centre houses a living display of the history of the Encounter Coast area from 1800 to 1900, with fascinating artefacts and audio narrative.
Yallum Park is a private home, bought by the present owners in 1914. It is the homestead of a working property, owned by Glen Clifford. The two storey homestead was built by John Riddoc in 1880. It contains original William Morris (53 different) wallpapers, eleven Italian marble mantelpieces, gold leaf used in decorations, antiques furniture and ornaments. Visitors can arrange a viewing by appointment. Guided tours of ground floor only.

Pages