Railways or Tramways

The building was built in 1888. The collection features old vintage vehicles, household furniture, tools and other domestic artefacts illustrating life in the Charleville district.Estimate 600 items
The Winton and District Historical Society have operated the Qantilda Museum since 1972. The members of the society are volunteers who donate their time to help educate people about the pioneers who built the outback. During the 28 year existence of the historical society a huge collection of outback memorabilia and artworks have been accumulated, documented and set out in such a way as to educate people on the livelihood of the aboriginal inhabitants and, the livelihood of the districts settlers and their descendants. A reading room, which is frequently updated, provides an immense...
The Museum is a heritage style building with a large veranda, the building is situated within a lovely park setting. The Museum presents a comprehensive series of displays, including an Aboriginal interpretive display, early pioneers and settlers hut, and a valuable collection of historical memorabilia. An early fire cart, a turn of the century telephone exchange and rail ambulance are but a few of the interesting exhibits on display. A new display on Mount Mulligan reflects the history on the 1921 mining disaster. Also a purpose built blacksmith shop at the rear of the Museum now shows cases...
The museum represents the social and natural history of Eumundi through displays and historical documentation. The museum has digitised it's photographic collection and provides access to these images through a computer situated within the museum. Further records are added regularly. The museum is situated in the former Methodist church, built in 1911.300 objects, 200 natural history specimens, 2 500 photographs. The Eumundi Historical Museum contains social history collections, family history documentation, a comprehensive natural history collection and an extensive collection of historical...

1892 Country Post Office and Residence, furnished country Dance Hall, large lace collection, household requirements used from the turn of the 20th Century, early 1900 farm implements, Blacksmith shop and tools, cheese making equipment, World War 2 memorabilia, shepherds hut, country school building and much, much moreLarge lace collection, World War II Memorabilia, photographs, farm machinery, circa 1900 buildings, picnic area, BBQ, Cheese making equipment, Blacksmith shop and tools.

The Museum consists of an old head teacher's residence transported to the site; a railway station building similar to the old Samford railway station; a hand-cut weather-board cream shed transported from a farm to the site; an old slab kitchen donated to the Museum and re-constructed in the grounds; laundry attached to kitchen and a machinery shed partly built with old slabs and original old cow bails. Each building displays relevant furniture, utensils, tools and goods donated by local residents. On permanent loan from the Queensland Museum is the diorama of the Samford Aboriginal Bora...
The Museum has several displays mounted at all times. The early school and its maps together with a good photographic collection are readily available. The Museum has quite a varied collection of early day household items. Tara's first Court House furniture is on display and outside the building is the original jail and railwagons and an original siding shed.Approximately 2,000 to 2,500 items
The complex is a pioneer village and museum. It comprises eleven weatherboard buildings in original condition: a museum hall (3 buildings); Acutt House - 1930 original home; 1910 ex Methodist Church and Church Vestry; a blacksmith shop; Dairy and three sheds of agricultural and manufacturing machinery including special "sugar cane" collection; and Goodwood Railway Station with rails and small goods carriage used for servicing oil tankers from the "Pier". The buildings are furnished with historical items, including significant collections of agricultural machinery, tools...
Loudoun House Museum, former home of John Moffat, Queensland's greatest mining entrepreneur, was built in 1884 from North Queensland red cedar. It houses a mineral collection and memorabilia from the early mining days of this area, a very extensive photographic collection which depicts the town and life as it was in the early years of this century. It also has a good archival collection on mining history.3,000 photographs, 20,000 items
The Society maintains a sandstone cottage, built c.1870, which features furniture and household items representing more than 130 years of family life in the district. Collections of photographs, historical items, farming equipment, vehicles and machinery are displayed. Several buildings have been relocated on the site, including a church, slab hut, overseers cottage and an emporium building. A printing display includes presses and associated items from the Warwick Daily News.15,000 items
The Village features original 19th Century buildings and a War Museum with a collection of memorabilia. The Shell House contains one of the largest privately owned collections of shells in Australia. The Village was established to collect and preserve memorabilia, photographs, narratives and recollections of residents of the area.
Bundaberg Steam Tramway Preservation Society Incorporated (BSTPS) trading as Botanical Gardens Railway (BGR) isolated in the Botanical Gardens North Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia. The society is a non-profit organisation operated and maintained by volunteers.

The aim of the society is to Restore, Maintain and Operate Steam Locomotives that were utilised in the Bundaberg district to haul Sugar Cane to the areas Juice and Sugar Mills. While doing this it is also to bring awareness to present and future generations of the machinery used by our pioneering families.

The...
The building was a court house and then police station in Mt Chalmers, re-located to Emu Park in 1986. The collection comprises historical data of the town and district from its inception and includes photographs, artefacts, a library of rare books, collection of sea shells and coloured sands, rocks, crockery, relics, coins, family histories, military memorabilia, dolls and tools.Estimated 2,350 items plus 200 photographs
Historical railway artefacts, housed in Bundaberg's original station building, surrounding by other historical railway building and rolling stock. Large collection of items used by railway staff in past days, photos, plans and drawings, rule books, driving manuals, appendix and daily work books as used in years gone by. Members participate at local functions by displaying and operating individual pieces.The collection provides as well as the obvious large physical static items, a great documentation and photographic history records collection. Our library section contains books and videos...
Exhibits at the Chillagoe Historical Centre include a pictorial history of local smelting operations (1901-1943), large mineral samples and a detailed bottle collection, a butterfly collection, old coins and notes, old mining machinery, an entrance area paved with local marble, projectors from a local theatre, local pioneering family histories, Aboriginal and New Guinea artefacts, and old dentist's chair and cameras.Estimated 1,000 items
The Cooktown Museum is a museum of maritime history with a focus on Cape York/Torres Strait Islands and the surrounding regions. The museum's collection is a tribute to seafaring men who brought civilisation to the Far North. The pioneering history, the gold rush, early cyclones, early discovery, shipping and Chinese migration are just some of the themes depicted in the museum's collection.The collection consists of over 300 photographs and newspaper cuttings; 600 marine specimens including a shell collection; 11 model ships; 5 anchors; 2 gold skips; 8 canoes and other maritime memorabilia.
The museum complex comprises the main building, barn, wash house, dairy, blacksmith's shop, butcher shop, settler's slab hut with detached kitchen, goods shed, railway carriage and trike, railway station, shire office and catering facilities. Our aims are the preservation of local history, items and objects. Many facets of life are depicted during peace, war, school, recreation, music, farming, timber getting and community life.District pioneer records, photographs and early settlement of Woocoo Shire. Large collection of implements, machinery and horse drawn vehicles. Hand work of pioneer...
Railco is a non profit company devoted to restoring and running steam trains. The Ravenshoe railway line is a full size, operating steam railway with original railway infrastructure and buildings. The train runs along the highest track in Queensland - a steeply graded and sharply curved pioneer line through hilly forested countryside. The railway features five first class fully restored timber carriages and a D17 tank engine "Capella". The 7km tourist trip takes one hour.8km track, 4 timber bridges, two locomotives, 15 items of rolling stock etc.
The Museum records the social history of South East Queensland since European settlement. Cleveland was one of the earliest settled areas and for a hundred years was a thriving farming community specialising in fruit and vegetables for the Brisbane area. The Museum presents a range of topics across a total display space of over 1300m2. Travelling exhibitions, community displays and in-house short term exhibitions frequent the temporary space of 74m2.Horse drawn vehicles, farming machinery, textiles and costumes, household equipment, maritime history, WWI & II memorabilia, medical and...
Innisfail museum is housed in the old School of Arts building and occupies two rooms. The collection relates to local history and contains items from all facets of life from the early settlement of Geraldton (name later changed to Innisfail after confusion with Geraldton in Western Australia). Items include personal possessions; rural, recreational, medical, biological, Aboriginal and Chinese artefacts; and a number of early photographs showing cyclone and flood damage, local industries and life in a tropical town.Approximately 2,500 objects and 1,500 photographs

Pages