Social History Museum

The Museum is a heritage style building with a large veranda, the building is situated within a lovely park setting. The Museum presents a comprehensive series of displays, including an Aboriginal interpretive display, early pioneers and settlers hut, and a valuable collection of historical memorabilia. An early fire cart, a turn of the century telephone exchange and rail ambulance are but a few of the interesting exhibits on display. A new display on Mount Mulligan reflects the history on the 1921 mining disaster. Also a purpose built blacksmith shop at the rear of the Museum now shows cases...
Over 35,000 bottles were used to build the House of Bottles which contains the bottle museum. Bottles of all sizes and purposes are displayed, from those up to 2,000 years old to modern times. Features of the site include the Big Stubbie, a 3-storey bottle shaped building, made of beer stubbies, which visitors can mount from inside. The museum was opened 31 years ago and attracts Australian and international visitors.Over 35,000 bottles
The aim of the Museum of Australian Army Flying is to acquire, restore, maintain and display aircraft, equipment, material and documents relating to Australian Army flying since its inception in 1912. Importance is also placed on preservation of the history of No. 6 Airport Depot RAAF, the original military unit located at Oakey Airfield. Exhibits range from a Bristol Boxkite (the aircraft to see army service) to current aircraft types. Other aircraft on display include Auster, Cessna, Winjeel, Porter, Kiowa and Sioux.24 aircraft, 25 assorted uniforms, approximately 900 other related...
The museum represents the social and natural history of Eumundi through displays and historical documentation. The museum has digitised it's photographic collection and provides access to these images through a computer situated within the museum. Further records are added regularly. The museum is situated in the former Methodist church, built in 1911.300 objects, 200 natural history specimens, 2 500 photographs. The Eumundi Historical Museum contains social history collections, family history documentation, a comprehensive natural history collection and an extensive collection of historical...
The stone house was constructed in the 1880s. The Museum features local historical items of interest, including photographs, machinery, communications and cultural materials from the local area.The Stone House, The Fossil Museum, The Howard Cottage with photographs, medical and local items, rural items.
A folk museum which interprets, records and displays the history of the area now known as Coloundra City, Qld. It is housed in the original Landsborough Shire Council Building built in 1924 with a rammed earth construction extension in 1988. All displays are under cover.7,000 entries in sets plus individual items include an estimated 2,500 images
The Museum is a complex comprising different buildings and collections. It includes a display area for vehicles, a jailhouse, a courthouse, a slab hut, social history buildings and a Museum display area.500 items
The village consists of over 60 buildings of Historical Significance to the Caboolture Shire and Environs. All the buildings are appropriately furnished or used for other useful and interesting purposes. The site also includes restored machinery and vehicles, some in good working condition.Approximately 14,000 items catalogued
John Flynn Place houses the Royal Flying Doctor Service Museum. It contains memorabilia of John Flynn, the Australian Inland Mission etc. The Fred McKay Art Gallery houses major works including prize winners from the Ernst Henry Memorial Art Show. The complex also contains the Alfred Traeger Cultural Centre and the Allan Vickers Outdoor Theatre.There are 3 levels in the Museum Building. Ground floor: John Flynn Gallery with memorabilia on John Flynn and the Flying Doctor Service. Downstairs you will find the Radio Gallery, with original Pedal Wireless plus photographs, radios, first aid...
The collection is housed in a large, vinyl-clad building, erected in 1895 is of good appearance. The floor area is partitioned off into alcoves, each displaying memorabilia of a similar nature eg. Mining alcoves, Kitchen alcove etc. Further memorabilia is housed in the museum yard. There is ample parking adjacent to museum.Over 1,000 photographs, mostly mining; over 700 objects, many mining items. Our Collection consists of numerous photographs (with a brief history of the image) objects and manuscripts which depict the history of the mine and town from the start of mining in 1882. The...
The North Stradbroke Island Historical Museum comprises four buildings. The history of the Dunwich Benevolent Asylum (the first state aged care nursing home) from 1866 to 1947 is displayed in a replica 1872 ward that was a Centenary of Federation project; the main building houses the general collection and is constructed of timber from demolished Benevolent Asylum buildings and contains the Aboriginal, shipwreck, communications, pioneer and present day industries displays; the Herdsman's Hut (dismantled, moved 200 metres, then reassembled) is an original Benevolent Asylum building; a replica...
The Queensland Air Museum is a non-profit volunteer run society, occupying a two hectare site on the Caloundra airport, The collection consists of aircraft, uniforms, memorabilia, archives and a collection of photographs. The museum currently has 25 aircraft it its collection ranging from a hang-glider to a DC-3, and includes examples of civil and military aircraft of the post war period. The museum's De Havilland Sea Vixen and Gloster Meteor TT20 are the only examples of their type in Australia.
The Historical Society of Cairns was formed by the School of Arts Committee in 1958 to study and record the history of Far North Queensland. It has fulfilled these aims admirably. Its publication program includes books such as Photographic Memories, Establishment Trinity Bay, Cairns Range Railway and Cairns Mulgrave Tramway, as well as several minor booklets and 485 monthly bulletins. The current membership of the Society is over 390 and growing. The Society has been housed in the School of Arts Building since its inception and is run by a dedicated group of voluntary workers and office...
A collection of the district's old buildings and many items of historical value: machinery, tools, household items, photograph albums and certificates.
The Museum contains a mixture of antique dolls and miniatures from 1802 onward. Bears from early last century right through to modern dolls and bears, as well as international dolls from 100 countries. There is something to interest everyone.Over 3,000 dolls and bears, 1,000 miniatures and sundry items
The Museum consists of an old head teacher's residence transported to the site; a railway station building similar to the old Samford railway station; a hand-cut weather-board cream shed transported from a farm to the site; an old slab kitchen donated to the Museum and re-constructed in the grounds; laundry attached to kitchen and a machinery shed partly built with old slabs and original old cow bails. Each building displays relevant furniture, utensils, tools and goods donated by local residents. On permanent loan from the Queensland Museum is the diorama of the Samford Aboriginal Bora...
The Museum collection is of early and local history. It comprises: farm implements, tools and machinery, bottles, saddles and riding equipment, blacksmiths' tools, telephones, rock specimens, mining tools and tropical rainforest timber samples.Over 600 items
The Beaudesert Historical Society and Information Centre was founded on 11th April, 1961 and has had its headquarters in the Historical Complex situated in Brisbane St. Beaudesert. The building also houses the museum collection. The Pioneer Cottage, originally built in 1875 by a pioneer on his Kerry property, was given to the society by his grandchildren and rebuilt entirely of hand hewn timbers, slats and shingle roof and finished with a four-poster bed, large cedar side-board and numerous articles that portray the life of the early pioneers.

The new museum houses a comprehensive...
The Museum is centred around a Georgian brick cottage built on site in 1864. Approximately one-third of Ban Ban Station homestead was moved to the complex plus a small country school. The collection includes a wide variety of household and farm equipment. A main attraction are the steam engines and saw mill, all in working order. These are shown working several times each year.3,500 items plus 2,800 photographs
The Museum has several displays mounted at all times. The early school and its maps together with a good photographic collection are readily available. The Museum has quite a varied collection of early day household items. Tara's first Court House furniture is on display and outside the building is the original jail and railwagons and an original siding shed.Approximately 2,000 to 2,500 items

Pages