Local History

This is a new Gallery only two years old which has just started to form a collection and policy. The main emphasis will be on local art and artists, and/or art pertaining to the area.negligible as yet
A modern brick building constructed in 1987, the gallery has a very large collection of paintings and an excellent collection of ceramics. Exhibitions are changed regularly.Approximately 600 items
The Heritage Centre consists of six distinct buildings plus a streetfront display of a windmill ostensibly supplying water to a 2 metre water wheel. This is backed by a covered display of wagons and farm machinery. The whole reflect the folk history content of the museum's buildings.Approximately 250 items
The Society maintains a sandstone cottage, built c.1870, which features furniture and household items representing more than 130 years of family life in the district. Collections of photographs, historical items, farming equipment, vehicles and machinery are displayed. Several buildings have been relocated on the site, including a church, slab hut, overseers cottage and an emporium building. A printing display includes presses and associated items from the Warwick Daily News.15,000 items
The Museum has a large collection of photographs covering pioneer families, Aborigines, ex-servicemen from World Wars I and II, and modern photographs - all tracing Theodore's development. The displays include the history of early station families, arts and crafts, a pioneer kitchen and bedroom, Aboriginal artefacts, town plans and farm machinery.
Cottage crafts, pottery, fibre making, education and schools, historic homes and rural buildings, local history, community groups ie. Riding for disabled, rural farm, steam machinery, rainforest walk.The park comprises an historical village of many acres, including restored and replica buildings of the Shire, steam and fire museums, potters, blacksmiths, rural farm, bush poetry, Sunday Markets, Australian education experience for students and accommodation for 100.

Housed in our building are Historical records, photographs and memorabilia of our town and district from early settlement until present day.Photographs, WWII memorabilia, local community historical records, hand sewn articles from 1890 era, local art, local hospital memorabilia. Sporting achievements, telephone exchange and old telephones, plus more.

The complex consists of a local history museum, railway rolling stock and buildings, and original station homesteads made from hand cut slabs. Collections include a geological display; bottle collection; display of war artefacts and photographs of local service personnel; telecommunications exhibits with a manual exchange and old telephones; and a large collection of old tools and farm machinery.
Beenleigh Rum Distillery is the oldest registered distillery in Australia and is still operating. The stillhouse and stills are circa 1865, and feature several wooden vats, dating back to pre 1900, still in use. The Museum contains items used to make rum in bygone days and records the history of the cane fields, the rum trade and beginnings of Beenleigh as well as the uses for rum and the development of Beenleigh Distillers.50 stills and vats, over 300 smaller items, 300 photographs
The Society maintains a local and family history collection of research material (photographs, articles, books, newspaper cuttings and artefacts) housed in the former Borough Chambers in North Rockhampton. A guest speaker features at monthly meetings, held the first Sunday of each Month at 2pm (except January)
The Society's Museum is housed in an air-conditioned, single storey brick building. It features a wall display of chronological history; a thematic display under glass; various free-standing historical items; a small library of books, video tapes and slides; a large paper collection on file of localities and identities; and a large collection of photographs from pre 1990. Historical books produced by the Society and souvenirs are on sale. The Society provides guided tours of local historical areas and lectures delivered at local schools.Approximately 2,500 photographs, 7,000 items, 3...
The Taroom and District Historical Society has acquired various buildings including the old Church of St. Mary's (built 1893) which is now the main museum building, a blacksmith shop, boat house, hospital room, Reynolds Cottage and Jongh Tai Shue's shop. The buildings house a collection of old machinery used in the Taroom area, furniture, household items, tools, photographs and other artefacts. The museum organises the annual Leichhardt Festival in the museum grounds, between August and September.The collection illustrates elements of the social history of Taroom District and including life...
Acland was the last underground coal mine on the Darling Downs of Queensland and the last in Australia to work under these conditions, the only one to be intact from a working colliery. Guided tours show how and why items were used, the history and make-up of coal.Eight buildings and associated machinery. All items used by coal miners at the Acland Colliery (1913-1984). Hand Borers used 1913 to 1956 - Coal Cutter, Loader, Loco's, Crusher, Winch and drum used 1956 to 1984. Coal mining lights from Tallow to modern electric, Gas Testing - Safety Lamp, Drager, Anemometer, Sling Hygrometer, Books...
The Village features original 19th Century buildings and a War Museum with a collection of memorabilia. The Shell House contains one of the largest privately owned collections of shells in Australia. The Village was established to collect and preserve memorabilia, photographs, narratives and recollections of residents of the area.
A well presented display of the history of Bundaberg and district and its people. Sectionalised into agriculture, industry, commerce, home life, recreation and hobbies. Situated in a Botanic garden complex with a kiosk and other Museums nearby.Estimated 20,000 plus items and photographs. Articles related to everyday living of people of Bundaberg and District; Aboriginal and Islanders artefacts, shells, stuffed birds, files of written information, newspaper cuttings, communication and photographic history.

Bundaberg Steam Tramway Preservation Society Incorporated (BSTPS) trading as Australian Sugar Cane Railway is located in the Botanical Gardens, Bundaberg North, Queensland, Australia.
The society is a Not-For-Profit organisation operated and maintained by volunteers (NO paid employees).

The aim of the society is to Restore, Maintain and Operate Steam Locomotives that were utilised in the Bundaberg district to haul Sugar Cane to the areas Juice and Sugar Mills. While doing this it is also to bring awareness to present and future generations of the machinery used by our pioneering families....

Our Chinchilla Museum has restored Pioneer cottage - fully furnished. Prickly Pear story from devastation to eradication. Traction steam engines, vintage motor vehicles, horse drawn vehicles, original Chinchilla state school, fully furnished - Two halls containing collection of Memorabilia of yesteryear: fully restored dairy and cream shed.Over 5,000 items on display, including farm machinery, horse drawn vehicles, well appointed library housing history of Chinchilla and its pioneers. First Chinchilla school (1883) on grounds containing early school memorabilia.
Fassifern District Historical Society oversees Templin Historical Village which consists of a country church, a store, house/office, school, dairy, slab hut and other museum buildings grouped around a central green to recreate a village atmosphere. The museum also has a collection of historical items and photographs.Estimated 10,000 items plus 5,000 photos
The museum displays a collection of photographs and artefacts of the social history of Townsville and district since the area's beginning in 1864.Estimated 3,000 plus photographs, with 3,000 artefacts
The building was a court house and then police station in Mt Chalmers, re-located to Emu Park in 1986. The collection comprises historical data of the town and district from its inception and includes photographs, artefacts, a library of rare books, collection of sea shells and coloured sands, rocks, crockery, relics, coins, family histories, military memorabilia, dolls and tools.Estimated 2,350 items plus 200 photographs