Northern Territory

Northern Territory

Australian Aviation Heritage Centre

The museum's major exhibit is a B-52 bomber. Other exhibits include the wreckage of the first Zero shot down over Australian soil, Mirage and Sabre jets, B-52 Mitchell, Wessex helicopter, Spitfire replica and a number of civil aircraft and ultralights.

Adelaide House Museum

The first hospital in Alice Springs is now a museum housing memorabilia of Rev. John Flynn D.D. The building is over 70 years old and well preserved with a unique cooling system.

Hartley Street School

Hartley Street School was opened in 1930 as a small two-roomed school. It was extended in 1940 by an additional room and verandah, and in 1945 an octagonal room and classroom were added.

Australian Pearling Exhibition

A site of the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT), this exhibition offers a range of displays about the search for pearls in Northern Australia from the historic hard-hat days to modern day pearl farming.Exhibits comprise loans and MAGNT collection material.

The Residency

The Residency at Alice Springs was constructed as the home of the Government Resident of Central Australia between 1926 and 1929. Today it houses displays on the European history of Central Australia and the events that changed its past.

Tennant Creek Gold Stamp Battery Museum and Mining Hall of Fame

Mining in the Tennant Creek region, historical text and photos, statues of two prospectors, interactive displays, rock collections and original assay equipment and scales. Gold Stamp Battery original and still working ten stamp battery gold are crushing plant, operates daily for tours.

Railway Museum

Collection of old railway signs, books, photos, letters, maps100 items

Lyons Cottage

Located on the Esplanade overlooking the harbour, Lyons Cottage is the only example of colonial bungalow style architecture to be found in Darwin. The building is constructed of locally quarried porcellanite stone and in its time was the first stone residence constructed in Darwin.

The Connellan Hangar and the Kookaburra Memorial

The historic hangar was purchase in pre-fabricated form from the Sydney Williams Company in 1939 by prominent local aviation figure Eddy Connellan.

Museum of Central Australia

The Museum of Central Australia houses an extensive display relating to Central Australia including natural wonders of this arid region, desert life forms, fossils of extinct animals, minerals and meteorites.

Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory

The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory collections' place the region's art, history and culture in an Australian and international context through research, interpretation and collection development.

Pine Creek National Trust Museum

Housed in a historic 110yr old building, this museum contains photographs of development in the Northern Territory, Chinese relics, minerals, war years, communications, mining and social history.

Royal Flying Doctor Service

We are still an operating Royal Flying Doctor Base. The museum is housed in a heritage listed building. We have an original Traeger Pedal Radio along with more old radios. There is a collection of medical equipment. Also on display are two model aircraft.medium

Katherine Museum

The museum is housed in the original terminal for the Department of Civil Aviation. It contains collections and artefacts, photographs and historical items relating to the Katherine region.

Jones Store Newcastle Waters

One of the oldest surviving structures in the town of Newcastle Waters is Jones Store. The store sold provisions to droving plants that moved cattle over Murranji, Barkly and North-South stock routes, the junction of these being Newcastle Waters.


Tuxworth-Fullwood House is the headquarters of the Tennant Creek National Trust. This property, constructed in 1942 by the Australian Military Forces as 55 Army Camp Hospital, is also a former outpatients clinic for the Tennant Creek district.

Bonney Well

In 1879 Alfred Giles, who was overlanding for Springvale near Katherine, carried out the first sinking endeavours at Bonney Well. The Telegraph Department completed the work in 1884. Further alterations occurred in 1892, with the well being abandoned in 1936.

Stuart Town Gaol

Built in 1907-08, this building served as the town's gaol until 1938. Stuart Town Gaol was the town's first official building. Although it is architecturally simple in style, its use of local materials if of great importance.

Pine Creek Railway Precinct

The precinct is of great historical and architectural significance. Built in 1888/89 it was a temporary terminus to an incomplete Transcontinental Railway. It is of cultural significance as the social and economic focal point of the town of Pine Creek for over eighty years.