Agriculture

The Nillumbik Historical Society's aim is to collect and preserve historical documents, articles and historic sites. The society's headquarters is a stone farmers cottage erected in 1865, which it operates as a museum and storage centre. The Society's collection includes some 1800 historic photos, in most cases accompanied with a slide and a negative, biographies of 90 local families and institutions, and artefacts and memorabilia.
A tem of speakers visit schools and local interest groups. Displays of historic photographs are mounted as requested. Because Diamond Creek was a gold mining town,...
The Kyneton Museum collection is housed in a group of buildings, the most substantial of which was built in 1856 from local bluestone for the infant Bank of New South Wales. The branch was opened to service miners of the region's goldfields. Original outbuildings include kitchens, celler and stables, and these have been augmented by various outbuildings including an original settlers cottage which was relocated here in 1970. The outbuildings house the extensive agricultural display, whilst the kitchen and laundry show authentic household utensils. An original settler's cottage 'Theaden' is...
The Museum collection is housed in the old Esperance Railway Station building. It was officially opened in October 1976 and is staffed entirely by volunteers. Items from the wreckage of Skylab which crashed to earth near Esperance in 1979, a WAGR steam locomotive, exhibits from Sir Douglas Mawson's Antarctic expedition, a large agricultural machinery display, items from shipwrecks and items from early settlements make up a fascinating collection of exhibits. Restoration, accession, database, archival and display programmes are carried out.Estimated 4,000 items. Physical and documentary...
Archival facility and Photgraphic collection, old Gaol building. Bridgetown population 4,000. 270km south of Perth.
Bridgetown is one of eight heritage listed towns in Western Australia. Historic work panphlet is available.900 old phtographs of Bridgetown area. Written achival information and locally produced fistoric books. Access to oral histories.
This eleven room wattle and daub cottage built circa 1832 consists of an entry, box room, parlour, nursery, bedroom, dining room, family room, sewing room, kitchen, laundry and side verandah. Appropriate artefacts covering several eras are in the various rooms, with display cases in every room. Set in a neat garden surroundsAccessioned photographs number 8,000. Accessioned artworks number 500. There are some 7,000 artifacts of all types.
Two storey building of stone, constructed in 1870 by the Peninsular and Oriental Steamship Navigation Company as a Cooperative Society Store for their goods, employees and families. From circa 1885 the building had a variety of uses - as a printery, soft drink factory, lodging house, apartments, and railway employees barracks (1973-1991). Extra rooms and a verandah were added circa 1935. It is currently leased to Albany Historical Society and used as a storage museum for the artefacts, visual art and photography not on display. Accessioning, conservation of artefacts, administration and...
The museum is administered by the City of Wanneroo and has displays of local interest; Natural History of the area, Aboriginal culture and European settlements. The collection is housed in the Gloucester Lodge, a heritage listed building. The lodge was built in 1933 by 'sustenance' workers initially to service the swimming pool. In October 1934, the then Duke of Gloucester, Prince Henry, stayed one night and the building was later renamed Gloucester Lodge. It became a popular hostel for holiday makers, in particular honeymooners. During 1942 to 1945, it was closed to the public and used as...
A small brick building built in 1898, originally a hall then converted to a church, houses a miscellany of items of historic interest, particularly associated with Broomehill and its residents. Displays of copy prints of photographs of people, places, and events are featured. A large galvanised iron shed - previously a Shire Depot - containing a small quantity of unrestored agricultural equipment and vehicles is part of the museum.Museum: approx 450 items including domestic equipment, personal effects and memorabilia, small items of farming equipment, autobiographies, memoirs, and...
Local shire history from the period of the shire's establishment. Previous to that the general pastoral history of the area is collected including a comprehensive base history. The emphasis is agricultural and social and includes the four other small towns which existed in the area. We are starting to set up a virtual identity by making our library available over the internetStrengths are local community archives and objects collected locally. A new focus is on Australian Windmills and about 30 have been collected, with 9 so far put on display and a substantial archive commenced.
Displays of artefacts, buildings and machinery depicting the early history of Wagin from 1840. We have 25 original and replica buildings, artefacts plus an extensive machinery display. Winner of the Heartlands Tourism Award for 2003 and 2003 and finalist in Community of the Year 2003. Totally volunteer driven.The museum covers 2 acres and is a detailed picture of everyday life in the area around the time the early settlers first arrived circa 1840 until 1920. The collection consists of 5,000 items and 1,500 photographs.

The Village consists of the Original Bank, Schoolhouse, Quarantine...
The museum complex comprises four main buildings, an entrance and parcels office circa 1923; signal box with 95 levers circa 1913; ladies and men's waiting rooms circa 1917; and a refreshment room and bar circa 1923 with bar circa 1906. Main collection areas are the railway history of the Merredin area; Merredin's social, agricultural, mining and war (1939-45) history; and a large doll collection. Garden surrounds include a waterfall (the only one between Perth and Adelaide); fish ponds where children are encouraged to feed fish; and an overhead water tank from which steam engines were...
Situated in the main street of Wyalkatchem, the main museum building is a 1936 Wheat Bin. Bulk handling of wheat originated in the Shire of Wyalkatchem and the wheat bin is the oldest in preservation and is a museum piece on its own. Most items have been restored and are still operational. Some interesting "as is" items are also on display. A second shed, partly built from materials recycled from a demolished Wheat bin holds a 40 restored tractor collection. The yard also has a variety of equipment. The domestic collection, "The School House Museum" is in the process of re-organisation and...

1906 Road Board Building
1930 Road Board Building
Mining Industry of Collie

The City of Gosnells Museum - Wilkinson Homestead (formerly known as Orange Tree Farm) is a local history museum located in a suburb of Perth, Western Australia. The Wilkinson Homestead, built in 1912, is the main museum building and is State Heritage Listed. The Wilkinson Family established a citrus orchard which became one of the largest in Western Australia. The collection and displays reflect the life of earlier times, including domestic life and agriculture. Hands-on education programs are presented by the volunteers who support staff in the work of the Museum.
The neighbouring park is...
Agricultural past displayed on modern working farm. Attractions include an animal nursery, picnic area and landcare farm drive trail, homestead built in 1850 and 1890s Oregon stable complex that houses our Clydesdale horses. The farm buildings are still in use. There are over 400 museum pieces on display including fifteen working tractors.260 items of restored agricultural machinery plus a homestead with over 200 items. Agricultural machinery collection, working farm, landcare education centre and farm drive trail, animal interaction, working Clydesdales.
Built C1852 as part of Convict Hiring Depot, later extended for use by Resident Magistrate. Taken over in 1902 by the State Health Department and included in the hospital complex until 1963. Vacant until 1969 when restored by the York Society for establishment of the museum.The development of York from 1831, including surrounding area. Reflects changes in York society and lifestyle since settlement. Large photographic collection.
The Kojonup Historical Society have been given the responsibility of two major historical buildings in Kojonup. The military barracks, built by the 51st regiment in 1845 as a military outpost, is now a museum featuring the building's past as the outpost, a school and a private residence. Elverd Cottage is a restored Pensioner Guard Cottage. One of a very few still featuring many of its original structures.The Kojonup Historical society also have a large collection of early photos, research material and over 1,000 objects ranging from household to farm machinery. A military room in the...
Russ Cottage is a typical Yeoman's residence built on the banks of the Irwin River by Titus Russ in 1868-70 from local limestone. The cottage consists of four rooms with verandahs all around, and is furnished in the style of the early farming families with gifts from local residents. The sitting room features a portable organ which arrived in the Swan Colony with the Dent family on the "Marquis of Anglesea" on the 23/8/1829, and an octagonal table once owned by the Russ family is the centrepiece. Framed photographs of pioneer family members adorn the walls.

The kitchen features a pine dresser...
The museum is housed in a large modern brick building in the township of Serpentine, 55kms south of Perth. The museum's aim is to preserve our rural past for future generations. Some of our tractors are used for demonstrations at field days. Bus tours and school groups are encouraged to visit.The collection contains 58 Tractors, most in very good condition and working order, including a very rare M.A.N diesel tractor. Also on display are restored stationary engines, saws, pumps and various other farm items.
Onslow Museum is housed in The Old Goods Shed which was transported over by Camel Train from the Old Town of Onslow in 1925. As it is an Historical Building it has been classified by the National Trust. Many larger items, such as the train and carriage used in transport of goods from the jetty, are on The wool ramps adjacent to the building.Artifacts relating to the pioneering days of the Onslow and surrounding Ashburton/ Pilbara district, plus a collection of photographs.

Pages