Steam Machinery

The Museum has a large collection of photographs covering pioneer families, Aborigines, ex-servicemen from World Wars I and II, and modern photographs - all tracing Theodore's development. The displays include the history of early station families, arts and crafts, a pioneer kitchen and bedroom, Aboriginal artefacts, town plans and farm machinery.
Cottage crafts, pottery, fibre making, education and schools, historic homes and rural buildings, local history, community groups ie. Riding for disabled, rural farm, steam machinery, rainforest walk.The park comprises an historical village of many acres, including restored and replica buildings of the Shire, steam and fire museums, potters, blacksmiths, rural farm, bush poetry, Sunday Markets, Australian education experience for students and accommodation for 100.
Bundaberg Steam Tramway Preservation Society Incorporated (BSTPS) trading as Botanical Gardens Railway (BGR) isolated in the Botanical Gardens North Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia. The society is a non-profit organisation operated and maintained by volunteers.

The aim of the society is to Restore, Maintain and Operate Steam Locomotives that were utilised in the Bundaberg district to haul Sugar Cane to the areas Juice and Sugar Mills. While doing this it is also to bring awareness to present and future generations of the machinery used by our pioneering families.

The Steam Locomotives are...
Our Chinchilla Museum has restored Pioneer cottage - fully furnished. Prickly Pear story from devastation to eradication. Traction steam engines, vintage motor vehicles, horse drawn vehicles, original Chinchilla state school, fully furnished - Two halls containing collection of Memorabilia of yesteryear: fully restored dairy and cream shed.Over 5,000 items on display, including farm machinery, horse drawn vehicles, well appointed library housing history of Chinchilla and its pioneers. First Chinchilla school (1883) on grounds containing early school memorabilia.
Fassifern District Historical Society oversees Templin Historical Village which consists of a country church, a store, house/office, school, dairy, slab hut and other museum buildings grouped around a central green to recreate a village atmosphere. The museum also has a collection of historical items and photographs.Estimated 10,000 items plus 5,000 photos
Constructed completely out of timber, Wood Works is operated in partnership by the Queensland Department of Primary Industries and the Queensland Museum. The wide range of static and working displays include a steam-driven sawmill; bullock drays, timber snigging and haulage wagons; pit saw and crosscut saw demonstration area; a working blacksmith's shop; timber cutter's bark hut; a 1925 Republic winch truck; a springboard display; and pioneering forest hand tools display. On various occasions throughout the year WoodWorks runs steam-driven sawmill days which demonstrates the operations of a...
The Proserpine Historical Museum is the only Cultural Heritage Learning Facility in the region. Museums are now recognised as part of the growing Tourism Market. This Museum is situated on the Bruce Highway, offers one of the few all-weather tourist attractions on the mainland for the entire family. The Proserpine Historical Museum offers a large and well-designed foyer for the benefit of local Artists and Craftspeople to show their works - free of charge for short-term exhibitions. Artists were consulted during the planning stage and their needs in terms of lighting and hanging systems were...
The museum comprises a museum building, cottage, lock-up and an extensive display of outside machinery.200 items of outside machinery
Railco is a non profit company devoted to restoring and running steam trains. The Ravenshoe railway line is a full size, operating steam railway with original railway infrastructure and buildings. The train runs along the highest track in Queensland - a steeply graded and sharply curved pioneer line through hilly forested countryside. The railway features five first class fully restored timber carriages and a D17 tank engine "Capella". The 7km tourist trip takes one hour.8km track, 4 timber bridges, two locomotives, 15 items of rolling stock etc.
The Museum records the social history of South East Queensland since European settlement. Cleveland was one of the earliest settled areas and for a hundred years was a thriving farming community specialising in fruit and vegetables for the Brisbane area. The Museum presents a range of topics across a total display space of over 1300m2. Travelling exhibitions, community displays and in-house short term exhibitions frequent the temporary space of 74m2.Horse drawn vehicles, farming machinery, textiles and costumes, household equipment, maritime history, WWI & II memorabilia, medical and...
The collection is housed in the National Bank building, built at Barcaldine in 1906. Other buildings include a wagon shed, furnished single man's railway quarters and an unusual two storey building built in 1900, which was the bookkeeper/manager's office at Westbourne wool scour. A miniature train is available for rides on the last Sunday of the month from March to October. Morning tea and a barbecue lunch are available on these family days. A Railway Guard's van, once the Barcaldine Information Centr, serves as an office and storage for historical archives relating to Barcaldine and...
Maritime objects from a 2 000 Tonn warship to a 1744 navigation book.10,001-50,000
The heritage listed Woolscour, that is once again operated by steam, has been left intact as a living document, it is the lat one of this type in Australia. There is a 20 stand shearing shed attached to the wool washing complex and an open flowing bore nearby. Outbuildings include a cookhouse, shearers quarters and managers residence. It has been left mainly intact. Current conservation work was completed in early 2002, with steam being reintroduced to the site.The collection consists mainly of historic machinery and buildings, large boilers, steam engines, wool washing troughs, large steam...
Established in 1977, the museum is located in the sugar village of Mourilyan, just south of Innisfail North Queensland, and is dedicated to Australia's sugar heritage, from 1823 to the present day. In 1988, with Bicentennial funding, the Museum's display space was significantly enlarged, exhibits improved and a retail area added.
The museum offers guided tours, audio visual presentations, static displays, changing exhibitions and activities for children.
In the Sugarama Gallery attached to the museum a changing exhibition program showcases Queensland's social history and visual arts.The...
The Museum is housed in an original river boat "Captain's Cottage" and details the history of Murray Bridge, the importance of the Murray River in the growth of the township and surrounding areas. It also outlines the process of swamp reclamation and the consequent dairy industry which has been a major part of the local industry. Model river boats and cottages are also on display.Approximately 5,500 items, 250 photographs
We are situated on the main street in the Old Telegraph station c.1860. Focusing the history of the building and towns history. McKinlays artefacts (explorer)Small archival records, small collection of photographs, telegraphic memorabilia, household items. Gawler's early industrial era. General items of the towns businesses.
The Museum is housed in a former General Store and timber yard. The collection comprises machinery, tools, clothing, photographs and household goods used by early settlers in the district. Each summer holidays an exhibition is held in the museum as an added attraction.Approximately 2,000 items
Five buildings house a collection of old machinery, some of which have been restored.
The Loxton Historical Village has been developed to preserve the history and way of life of the early settlers with the emphasis on the struggle and growth of the farming community from its beginning in 1895. The project started with the building of the pine and pug hut in 1970. There are now over 30 buildings. A mallee stump weighing one and a half tons carries the plaque commemorating the opening by Don Dunstan in 1973.

Pages